Change of username

Hello everyone I would like to know if there’s a way I can change my username. i made a mistake or if the moderators and admins can help with that. Thanks

2 Likes

Just wanted to say I like your user name :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Pm @Lady_Eva

1 Like

1 Like

Okay thanks. I will do that

Profile username - change - is it locked or can you overwrite?
if not change otherwise contact moderator as before

I don’t know how long the grace period is but you may detach some of your posts if you change names

1 Like

Posts themselves will stay linked but where people quoted you will break, because their post contains the old name so where the system would usually add your avatar and a link to your profile, it can no longer do that, so they look like this example from when Halastjarna changed her screenname from Anastasiya.

It doesn’t break the quote, just removes the av & link. :smiley:

For people searching the forum in future for this topic, @HermesHorse is correct, search in your profile, I’m not sure what you can change at different levels of membership (these progress via post count and time active on the forum) but if in doubt just PM me, send the exact spelling complete with capitalisation you require because I’ll paste it in exactly as given. :smiley:

1 Like

Had a look yesterday, and once you are a member it seems to seal the deal so to speak - I don’t know what the criteria are for that.

I changed my name within, I think it was about two hours of registering from FireHorse to @HermesHorse and that worked for me without losing any of my responses/links etc (I think I got my terminology confused yesterday).

Rather made the assumption that if you’ve not done a huge amount with your profile, not interacted, responded, created post etc that you probably could change it later and it might be dependent upon volume or possibly even time spent on the site e.g. time milestone - week, month and so on.

2 Likes

okay
:ok_hand:

Been here since the beginning.had a few posts.My new pic uploaded fine.but my new username is showing under my current one in preferences and NOT in any of my few posts.Also don’t see an option for PM.Do I need to post 500 more times to get a name change? People praise Belial on here yet…so many rules…………

The ability to PM is system controlled and heavily dependent on how active you are on the forum. You joined quite a while ago, but according to your stats you have only made 14 posts and created no topics so you may not have hit the activity threshold for PMs yet.

As for the name change, I’m not sure how that works but reading Eva’s post above, it seems it might be tied into activity and post count as well. Since you cannot yet PM, i’ll flag your post for the moderator to take a look and she can help sort it out.

1 Like

Thank YOU much!! Very helpful!

1 Like

Ok got a message from LadyEva and replied to it. Does it go to her box? can she see it? Been over an hour.

Yes, it goes to her inbox but she is quite busy and won’t necessarily get to it right away. Be patient and she will work her mighty mod powers.

1 Like

Great! Thanks again your Darkness!!

1 Like