Card questions

My cards are telling me things that are pretty contradictory to the readings of others.

Is this normal?

The questions are pretty sensitive.

It doesn’t matter whose cards say what in the moment - it matters down the line when the result or outcome of the situation you read upon is finalised.

That could be next day, 3 months time, or even longer, so I can’t map out for you a structured way of verifying, but never let other concurrent readings throw you off, and always check back on your results whenever possible.

For some reason you can’t, for example, do 6 readings on the exact same issue and get the same cards each time (though you WILL commonly get sigificant cards and combinations repeat in apparent defiance of chance) - there seems to be a kind of diminishing return of accuracy when you read on the same issue over and over again.

If your querent is consulting multiple readers on the same issue, this MAY - and I only say may, it’s not like some cosmic law - be why the readings are different.

It’s also possible than when the situation finally unfolds itself, you’ll see that both readings addressed different aspects of the outcome, this happened to me a few times when I used to do multiple readings on the same thing.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:4502”]It doesn’t matter whose cards say what in the moment - it matters down the line when the result or outcome of the situation you read upon is finalised.

That could be next day, 3 months time, or even longer, so I can’t map out for you a structured way of verifying, but never let other concurrent readings throw you off, and always check back on your results whenever possible.

For some reason you can’t, for example, do 6 readings on the exact same issue and get the same cards each time (though you WILL commonly get sigificant cards and combinations repeat in apparent defiance of chance) - there seems to be a kind of diminishing return of accuracy when you read on the same issue over and over again.

If your querent is consulting multiple readers on the same issue, this MAY - and I only say may, it’s not like some cosmic law - be why the readings are different.

It’s also possible than when the situation finally unfolds itself, you’ll see that both readings addressed different aspects of the outcome, this happened to me a few times when I used to do multiple readings on the same thing.[/quote]

Could it also be that since the reading is personal, I’m more in tune? A stranger won’t be as concerned.

Tough call - a lot of people would say that being too attached means you’re influencing the cards to show you what you badly want, that you’re kind of “manifesting” the miniature reality you desire to appear in them, because they’re more malleable than the larger reality.

I’ve had a couple of teachers who said that, and that it’s best NOT to read on really important matters for your own life.

I’m not sure that’s true in 100% of cases but it seems to be a common belief.

I agree with Eva, we are biased when it comes to our own lives. We can interpret or sprinkle a little sugar on a situation to make it more palatable. Someone else who has no intimate knowledge of the situation can often give a clearer insight into the situation as they do not have the attachment to the situation that someone living it does.

If it is something very important to me I will not read for myself but het a reading from someone I trust. I will read for myself regarding how things are looking ahead and stuff like that but if I’m having a difficult time or a lot of emotion invested into the situation I get someone else to read for me.

It could be that or it could be something worse: Which is that you are unwilling to admit the truth. Are the other guys’ readings consistent with one another?

Say for example 3 third party readings are consistent but your own one is off, even though you feel better about it…then heck…you must be honest to yourself even if its difficult and admit that you are wrong.

Similarly, if the others are totally offbeat from one another, that might suggest that some of them are not good at divination.

I generally recommend reading yourself for yourself, but being brutally honest. Say the cards tell you you might die tomorrow, but you are unwilling to admit it…then you could die the next day :slight_smile: Surprise.

Alternatively work with a seriously experienced reader who understands the Tarot. Its not just how someone feels about cards…that leaves way too much room for error. Most readers you will find online SUCK at reading, some are even scam artists. Those experienced and proficient in the use of the cards for divination often do not sell their services though. I have yet to find someone who grasps the Thoth Tarot for example, it is a highly complex deck which one will only realize truly after working with it for some time. I recently had one of the trumps affect my life for several months and realized just how deep this fucking thing goes. IT GOES FUCKING DEEP beyond belief. Many say they get it, but believe me…they dont have a fucking clue. Consider for instance that 3 of Franz Bardon’s books Initiation into Hermetics, the one on evocation, and the one on Kabbalah are based on just 3 cards. These cards have exceptionally deep meaning for those who can read it. On top of that, decks like the Thoth Tarot are also not actually designed for divination and Crowley specifically mentions that in the Book Of Thoth he would hate to see people using it for divination rather than the initiatory wisdom it contains. Divination happens to be the field within Occultism and Magick which leaves the most room for mistakes and has ruined the reputation of the occult arts more than any other Magickal methodology…according to Crowley, and according to me.

But who are we!

I had the same problem with astrology. It took me quite awhile to get to the point where I felt comfortable reading my own chart. I basically had to learn to mindfuck myself - I pretend I’m looking at a stranger’s chart.

Looking back, I’ve always felt comfortable reading tarot for myself, although from time to time I have gotten readings from others to clarify or get another angle on a situation. I can’t recall a time when the two readings were largely at odds.

I just had another thought for the OP. Why not do a quick reading for the reason for the discrepancy? Were it me, I’d frame my query around “the source of the difference between the two readings”, shuffle just the Trumps minus the Fool and World, and pick one card.

I had the same problem with astrology. It took me quite awhile to get to the point where I felt comfortable reading my own chart. I basically had to learn to mindfuck myself - I pretend I’m looking at a stranger’s chart.

Looking back, I’ve always felt comfortable reading tarot for myself, although from time to time I have gotten readings from others to clarify or get another angle on a situation. I can’t recall a time when the two readings were largely at odds.[/quote]

Even when someone else reads for me I look at the cards and make my own interpretation of the cards and then compare that to their reading. Usually there will still be a common thread.

Another thing and not to sound like I’m superior or certain others are but I take a lot of readings with a grain of salt. I can get 5 or 6 readings from others on a situation but maybe only two or three have that common thread amongst them. Those that don’t have that connection get tossed and I focus on what those that shared a theme say and see what is at the root to the situation so I can work to resolve it.

Let us not also neglect the fact that the Universe consists of persistently amorphous threads of reality; constant in flux, ever-changing; a consistent ‘tide’ of reality that morphs in alignment with each individual ‘persona’ that forms its circumstance in accordance to it’s own higher-self’s will, constantly bending & changing.

Thus: A reading can give a general overview of a situation, and in most cases be quite accurate, provided the reader is attuned in his/her physic ability.

The problem then arises when other ‘circumstance’ gets in the way of the initial reading; which at the time was in fact wholly accurate.

When you start to view reality itself as an entire ocean of awareness; with your particular ‘bubble’ having limited influence; this will start to make sense.

Your ‘conscious’ bubble can predict ‘probability’ in the ever-changing tide of reality around you; and most of the times be correct; should you be in tune with the greater reality of the Macrocosm.

However, dismissing the other sentient consciousnesses that exist around you, in their own bubble of awareness, able to manipulate their own reality; thereby possibly effecting yours, is over playing your own hand as a reader.

Start to think in terms of the probability of poker-hands, in accord with the probability of dualistic readings; and you will get a better ‘feel’ for the situation.