Can't reach BALG but the site is up

I keep getting this message on my usual browser. >

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_FAILED

1 Like

@Angelb1083 and I got similar messages.

2 Likes

Same. I was worried I got hacked or something lmao

3 Likes

So what does it mean? Were talking now so obviously it’s up.

I’m not an expert so I couldn’t tell you.

3 Likes

I guess we wait for official work :thinking:

1 Like

It happens to me too. I say the website has an intermittent glitch. As long as I keep trying I eventually get through (though sometimes ya need to switch browsers).

1 Like

It appears that BALG is suddenly using an out-of-date security certificate, which expired in 09/29/2020, for some reason.

2 Likes

Clearing your browsers cache and delete its cookies might do the trick (it did for me on Chrome). You’ll receive a notification about the security certificate but you can access the website after that without “ERR_FAILED” blocking the website completely.

2 Likes

I can only see the forum through my incognito tab :woman_shrugging: wonder what’s going on with the server.

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

3 Likes

I couldn’t open many messages or saved pages. Messages weren’t going through.

The last post was from 12 hours ago.

Finally everything seems to be working fine now.

Gave us a good scare.

1 Like

The server was down when I checked last night

1 Like

Is the issue only on mobile devices? I had the same issue a night or two ago, had to restart the phone and login.

Im sure the crew at BALG or their hosting company has better info, but maybe they had to reconfigure the web server (as in apache or nginx).
Maybe hackers hit DNS servers again, but as far as I know, except for one or more of my posts being hidden, the site is operating normally.

1 Like

No I’m on my laptop on home.

2 Likes

I have a feeling hackers are involved somewhere at some level.May not be the cause, but perhaps contributing to the problems. Either that or a software bug, misconfiguration or limits and timeouts in other areas of the server. Just my IT opinion.

You don’t think it’s BALGs security certificate like the other said?

I think that is the prime possibility. I do know though, from one job, we had all of our servers up but nobody could connect, because hackers toyed with DNS servers.

1 Like