Cannabis in ritual?

For me, it depends on a few things:

1. The type of working
    For baneful workings, pot is not the way to go (IMO). It makes you question things and also tames the hostility and emotion. I find it damn near impossible to be angry while I’m puffin’ on some good kush.

2. The type of bud
    In my opinion, you want only a clear-headed, relaxed high. You don’t want to be clobbered over the head stoned. So, only good buds - preferably the indica strains.

3. The amount
    Too much of any strain will be overkill. I like to pack up a one-hitter, blaze it up and then let the high settle in. Then get to work. For me, just a slight buzz will help focus and allow me to slip into the TGS much easier. Too much, and I’m unable to focus on practically anything, much less open a sigil without my eyes completely geeking out.

Obviously this is all subjective, but I do think it has great usage when it’s done right.

1 Like

[quote=“EpicGnome, post:16, topic:2367”]Alright, I’ll do the experiment.

I’m going to smoke the leaf of the datura tree and then report to headquarters. I’m going to use it in 3 different context.

1.- Solo meditation context. To catch a bit of the effects and how does affect mind, purpose, behaviour, etc.

2.- Scrying. Black mirror.

3.- Evocation (I have performed only 2 evocations, who knows what will happen).

4.- Motorcycle riding… just for the adrenaline fuck the fucking yeah.

Let’s see what happens[/quote]

Alright I finally did the first session.

So, “Session I”:

I used a dried white flower of what I presume is Datura Stramonium (I can’t differentiate from Brugmansia but I think this last has a smaller tree or something).

I got both flower and leaf but the first was already dry so I used that first. I rolled a Datura join alone, with no cannabis.

Some relevant physiological aspects: I started ritual around 5 AM and smoked the join around 5.30 AM. The last meal I had was a bowl of pasta around 2:50 AM.

The Ritual was simple, I did a Banishing and opened the sigil of an entity I trust and asked for protection.

I lighted the join and gave a long deep smoke. The flavour is really something, is different and “beautiful” but does let you a taste that is “too much”.

The effect was immediate after the first smoke, or at least less than one minute. As I felt the flavor of the flower enter my lungs my focus increased and so did my sight (it was almost total darkness except fro two black candles in the small altar at the center of the circle).

Using the focus I opened the Sigil of a demon to help someone from the FwB that I had delayed the work. The sigil started to flash right away. The opening was fast and I even recieved specific instruction about what to do with the sigil.

I took a deep breath and after a unconsious grounding that I engaged in conversation with the entity I called first. The manifesation in the smoke or the candles was no different from other times I had contacted entities (smoke behaving in weird ways, candle flame dancing growing and giving “more light”, etc).

The join quench after the first smoke and I took it as an Omen like “Don’t smoke that again… or less!” So I didn’t, I kept the conversation and started to feel nausea and small headache and became very aware of the flavour of the flower in my mouth.

I took the scrying mirror and saw smoke. I think that’s an improvement since I used to only see static rain and sorts of whirlwinds with colour dots.

I asked some things to the entity and closed the ritual performing the same banishing.

I stoof in the dark for a while and now that I think about it my vision was completely cool, my astral vision I was seeing lights and auras in everything specially in the white things like the fabrif of my circle and the sigil in front of me, everything was clear so I realized I had some level of midriasis.

As soon as I turned the lights on, I turn myself around to clean things up and I feel a woman hugging me and kissing me in the mouth. Very beautiful feeling.

and that’s the end of the first session of this experiment.

Some conclusions about it:

-One smoke improves focus, astral sight and also scrying but slightly.
-It can give you headache and umcomfortable taste in the mouth.
-It definitely can aid in ritual but is not for “free”. I wouldn’t like to depend on it for sho.

I think the effect may increase with a bigger dose, both positive and negatives, btu let’s remember this was a flower, leaf can be different.

Tomorrow the leaf will be dry, I’ll see if I smoke it in a solo meditation seession instead of ritual.

update: I also felt very vigorous but that may be the working with that entity.

It’s been a while, and in some hours I’ll try the leaf in ritual (since it was thrown away before by some folks here).

I also found this today.

Is not cannabis nor datura. Perhaps many of you guys have seen the videos on youtube, altho they are obviously just mocks and stupid stuff, this plant is highly powerful and sacred.

[url=http://cahuinadencul.net/salvia-divinorum]http://cahuinadencul.net/salvia-divinorum[/url]

salvia divinorum leafs and extract for sale, is an argentinian webpage. The prices are in argentinian pesos (or they were some years ago).

If anyone had had expeirences (I mean in magical or at least ritualistic context) with this plant would be cool to discuss.

That shit will take you to mars and back in a matter of about 15-30 seconds. Have fun!

1 Like

Smoke creates clouds. I don’t like clouds. Or the pigeons that fly in them. Seriously, they dump their gooey white stuff all over your car and-

-woah, off topic-

In my honest opinion, coming from a long line of addicts (on my father’s side), it isn’t worth it. Clouds in the mind are like psychically walking through a fog. You may get to see the elusive Boogeyman, but the fog doesn’t end.

I think they’re ritual supplements with their negatives outweighing the positives, and since I work solo (aside from the occasional direction by my benefactor Nidhogg) they’re worth nothing to me.

A predator doesn’t cloud his mind, he sharpens it. Grindstones help with this. What do I mean by grindstones? Visualizations and reading. I do both daily and a lot of it.

In my opinion, smoking is for mud souls who need to stay in their little fog-clouds to survive. No matter the dosage. It is not something that the Ascended should bother with- it was made by the populace to hurt- and provide the weak with illusions. A means of control, if you will.

That is why we do not need them.

-Sev

You should really know what you are talking about before typing nonsense. Natural psychotropics were not made by the populace to harm, or control…They were made by plant evolution.
In all actuality, the reason certain drugs are class A (DMT, Mushrooms, Ganja etc.) is because they make the user far less likely to be controlled by societies puppet masters.
They have been used by Medicine Men, Shamans, Healers, Sorcerers for thousands of years whom were and are more powerful than you.

So go figure?

Haha I’m not going to smoke salvia, I’ve already been there some years ago. I’m just merely showing the stuff.

I think they're ritual supplements with their negatives outweighing the positives, and since I work solo (aside from the occasional direction by my benefactor Nidhogg) they're worth nothing to me.

A predator doesn’t cloud his mind, he sharpens it. Grindstones help with this. What do I mean by grindstones? Visualizations and reading. I do both daily and a lot of it.

In my opinion, smoking is for mud souls who need to stay in their little fog-clouds to survive. No matter the dosage. It is not something that the Ascended should bother with- it was made by the populace to hurt- and provide the weak with illusions. A means of control, if you will.

That is why we do not need them.

-Sev

I actually agree with most of your points, I left “supplements” long time ago, but recently I’ve been doing test with smoked datura, for the sake of magickal use. I have trie the flower, now I’ll try the leaf. Eitherway, my views were from the start are that rely on drugs is unnecesary (tho it can be useful and comfortable).

UNLESS the ritual is specifically about some plant spirit such as ayahuasca, peyote, san pedro, etc… in which cas the plant plays the central rol.

anyway, results will be posted tomorrow since I usually sleep after rituals.

LATERS

As for smoking Salvia, don’t, the effects don’t last long and are weak. Take 5-10 leaves, roll them up into a ball, pound them with your fist to break them up a bit, then re-roll them and put it under your tongue. Takes longer to kick in (15 minutes) but you get better effects with closed eyes meditation and ritual.

Datura is best best in a mix of various plant types, not alone.

You should really know what you are talking about before typing nonsense. Natural psychotropics were not made by the populace to harm, or control…They were made by plant evolution.
In all actuality, the reason certain drugs are class A (DMT, Mushrooms, Ganja etc.) is because they make the user far less likely to be controlled by societies puppet masters.
They have been used by Medicine Men, Shamans, Healers, Sorcerers for thousands of years whom were and are more powerful than you.

So go figure?[/quote]

Shrug

I find it funny, really. I was discussing the more man made side. I suppose I should have clarified that.

Also, don’t underestimate me. My work is never done, and I’m no longer one of the maggots. Just because I’m new does not mean I will not grow.

Since this is a topic about ganja, and you mentioned smoking, I figured you must be taking about the same topic. I guess the smoking you mentioned was in reference to crack?

Extracting DMT into a smokable form is very much man made.

Very good sir, unless one is talking about Bufo Alvarius…

Apologies. I’ve been a little out of sorts lately. Let me just walk away… quietly.

Is this a mild mixture? I mean the effects. Looking for something lite to mild.

G

Is this a mild mixture? I mean the effects. Looking for something lite to mild.

G[/quote]

Well it all depends how much Datura you use.
As I said, I usually use around 20 seeds and a little flower each time.
I would say the affect is mild, yes.

Nothing against psychedelics, but i would never use cannabis in any ritual. Completly “anti-magical”. Traditional enthegeons could be way better…

Research the origins of cannabis, how did it make around the world and how was (and still is) used by varius religious practitioners around India and those places.

If we talk about “traditional” entheogens then we have cannabis, variety of shroom cults, frog cults, datura/brugmansia, cactus cults (huachuma in SA and peyote in NA), mix of herbs in amazon and other places (such as ayahuasca, romepoto, devil’s tobacco, etc…) etc

and that’s been happening from thousands of years, with cults and religions formed around those plants so yeah… its pretty fucking traditional…

So go figure?[/quote]

What benefit do these psychotropics have for Ascent that cannot be gained through disciplined effort?
For example, is what Castaneda describes only achieved through the ingestion of the plants?

So go figure?[/quote]

What benefit do these psychotropics have for Ascent that cannot be gained through disciplined effort?
For example, is what Castaneda describes only achieved through the ingestion of the plants?[/quote]
You can learn controlled breathing methods combined with specific meditations, and youll get there. Itll take you well over 45 minutes to an hour and a half, and youll have to practice at it for years, but you’ll get there! OR, you could ingest the plant, use it to get to your desired destination, and youll still remember what sat down in ritual to do in the first place.
I recommend both methods, do the disciplined way first, so you can learn what to expect and how to manage yourself, then when youre used to everything, start using the plants to aid your work.