Cannabis in ritual?

hello, i was wondering if it would be beneficial to use weed or hashish as a crutch for first evocation? i dont know if this is good or bad, but i am a stoner, and some of the best meditations i have performed were after smoking or ingesting weed, i just would like to hear all your opinions. thanks!

Uh no. During evocation, you don’t want cloud whatsoever. You need to be at full mental focus. For rites of invocation, sure, but not evocation.

1 Like

I agree with Euoi. For mysticism it is great, but if you are calling down an angel or demon you’ll want to be clearheaded.

I can see that working out pretty bad if you are stoned during an evocation.
Like a demonic version of “Dave’s not here.”

I suggest smoking only good indica. Demons HATE weak weed (they will kill you). Really.
It’s really not a crutch and it can help or hinder. Try it out. It’s not a big deal either way.

1 Like

I disagree with both Euoi and Orismen, but there are stipulations. You have to understand the cannabis well enough that you can control the effect and not allow it to overtake you. The effect can make the theta/gamma sync last much longer and easier to remain in as well. This works wonders for me as I tend to get fidgety after 45 minutes or so.

There’s a reason why Aghoris always have their chillum within arm’s reach. Ive met many shamans who will tell you that you cant do any proper “work” without it, but obviously that is untrue. That said, Ill let it slip that I have NEVER done an evocation without it, and 95% of the time there have been no problems. Entities have commented on enjoying the scent, suggesting different strains for when I evoke them, (astaroth has hinted that indicas are much better for magical work than sativas). Dantalion told me to use better quality cannabis at one point, as well as mentioning that I might want to try a few evocations without it, as I dont want to get to a point where its impossible for me to do anything magickal without it.

Really, its up to you whether you want it in your ritual or not. It is neither good nor bad, it is in how you use it that matters, and its not for everyone.

Cannabis is like the play-doh of drugs, and I wish more would realize this. Sure if you dont have any intention behind the act, youll smoke and just get stoned, but good quality product will react to your will, and can use it in combination with meditation to get your brain to mimic the effects of LSD, DMT, MDMA, or just about any other experience you can think of simply by applying your intent to the experience.

Im greatly impressed by those who can evoke or perform high magick coming from a completely sober state of mind, and I think that should be encouraged, but flat out saying specific substances are good or bad for magickal work is too generalized and really depends on the constitution of the magician.

Some would say smoking for your very FIRST evocation would be bad because youre not experiencing it in its purest form, by being stoned. Others would say its a very good idea because it would allow you to “stop the world” quicker and then be able to really soak in the experience of altered reality.

I would say get your entire ritual set up and planned, get the sigils ready, alter in place, candles…the works, and just do it. Take note of anything that happens, either extreme or miniscule. Then whether you are satisfied with the results or not, do it all again, but this time with some cannabis. Get high enough that youre not overwhelmed and can still focus on the evocation tasks at hand. As the ritual continues, take little puffs every ten minutes or so…the goal isnt to get stoned, but just to add to the ritual a bit. This time, take note of whats happening around you, and your internal sensations as well. Notice how much the cannabis adds to the situation, or perhaps how much it takes away. After everything is said and done, compare the 2 experiences and see which one worked better for you personally.

3 Likes

thanks for all the great input, i appreciate it all[quote=“Euoi, post:2, topic:2367”]Uh no. During evocation, you don’t want cloud whatsoever. You need to be at full mental focus. For rites of invocation, sure, but not evocation.[/quote]

i appreciate the advice, but i would like to do some experimentation and see what happens[quote=“Orismen, post:3, topic:2367”]I agree with Euoi. For mysticism it is great, but if you are calling down an angel or demon you’ll want to be clearheaded.

I can see that working out pretty bad if you are stoned during an evocation.
Like a demonic version of “Dave’s not here.”[/quote]

orismen, you are by far one of my favorite balg form members, you put so much out there. i beleve that you and a few other members on this form are a major part of the become a living god movement. eric teaches me, but you all inspire me to take the time to learn the material.

this time though i am going to lean towards TheLotusEaters advice and try out both ways and see weather it feels right or backlashes

[quote=“UndeadGod333, post:4, topic:2367”]I suggest smoking only good indica. Demons HATE weak weed (they will kill you). Really.
It’s really not a crutch and it can help or hinder. Try it out. It’s not a big deal either way.[/quote]

I always assumed that good sativa would be the best option, thanks for the advice

[quote=“TheLotusEater, post:5, topic:2367”]I disagree with both Euoi and Orismen, but there are stipulations. You have to understand the cannabis well enough that you can control the effect and not allow it to overtake you. The effect can make the theta/gamma sync last much longer and easier to remain in as well. This works wonders for me as I tend to get fidgety after 45 minutes or so.

There’s a reason why Aghoris always have their chillum within arm’s reach. Ive met many shamans who will tell you that you cant do any proper “work” without it, but obviously that is untrue. That said, Ill let it slip that I have NEVER done an evocation without it, and 95% of the time there have been no problems. Entities have commented on enjoying the scent, suggesting different strains for when I evoke them, (astaroth has hinted that indicas are much better for magical work than sativas). Dantalion told me to use better quality cannabis at one point, as well as mentioning that I might want to try a few evocations without it, as I dont want to get to a point where its impossible for me to do anything magickal without it.

Really, its up to you whether you want it in your ritual or not. It is neither good nor bad, it is in how you use it that matters, and its not for everyone.

Cannabis is like the play-doh of drugs, and I wish more would realize this. Sure if you dont have any intention behind the act, youll smoke and just get stoned, but good quality product will react to your will, and can use it in combination with meditation to get your brain to mimic the effects of LSD, DMT, MDMA, or just about any other experience you can think of simply by applying your intent to the experience.

Im greatly impressed by those who can evoke or perform high magick coming from a completely sober state of mind, and I think that should be encouraged, but flat out saying specific substances are good or bad for magickal work is too generalized and really depends on the constitution of the magician.

Some would say smoking for your very FIRST evocation would be bad because youre not experiencing it in its purest form, by being stoned. Others would say its a very good idea because it would allow you to “stop the world” quicker and then be able to really soak in the experience of altered reality.

I would say get your entire ritual set up and planned, get the sigils ready, alter in place, candles…the works, and just do it. Take note of anything that happens, either extreme or miniscule. Then whether you are satisfied with the results or not, do it all again, but this time with some cannabis. Get high enough that youre not overwhelmed and can still focus on the evocation tasks at hand. As the ritual continues, take little puffs every ten minutes or so…the goal isnt to get stoned, but just to add to the ritual a bit. This time, take note of whats happening around you, and your internal sensations as well. Notice how much the cannabis adds to the situation, or perhaps how much it takes away. After everything is said and done, compare the 2 experiences and see which one worked better for you personally.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. i have two questions:

the first question is would eating it or making a tea be a good idea.

the second question is would Dantalion be a good demon to start with? i want to inquire about a old hermetic art that really interests me. should i start by invoking, or just dive into evoking. thanks for the help

As for eating it or making tea, Ive noticed that when THC is activated and absorbed into the fat cells this way, the effect is more like that of a mild psychedelic and can be overwhelming if youre not prepared. Personally, I just smoke, as I like to hold in the smoke and charge it with intent, then release it into the world.
I cant say what a good demon would be to start with, as I dont know what you’re trying to achieve. If you’ve never evoked before, then try invocation first. Get your feet wet before you dive in.

Funny, call me crazy but I consider LSD to be the play-doh of drugs.

That being said this is a weird question because I’ve never tried cocaine, but what about cocaine? I’ve heard that it get you focus, among other things.

I agree with TheLotusEater, it’s basically about self-control, if you can manage to work funtional with some drug in your system then you can do it, but it doesn’t mean other people can, drug’s also tend to increase the already existing brain circuits so it also depends in your prior experience with reality.

Btw, since we’re talking about drugs, has somebody met animal plants? Like Entheogen’s spirit: The lady of Salvia, the grandma of Ayahuasca, the Cougar of St. Pedro, the famous “Mescalito” of Peyote, etc ?? and in that same line of question, is there a cannabis lady/lord ?

I have some friends that are basically one with the plant, I see that sometimes like that simbiotic relationship of that venom character from spiderman, you know, dunno if is evil or not, I guess it depends on the person. I guess the plant gives you something but at the price of staying with her.

[quote=“EpicGnome, post:8, topic:2367”]Funny, call me crazy but I consider LSD to be the play-doh of drugs.

That being said this is a weird question because I’ve never tried cocaine, but what about cocaine? I’ve heard that it get you focus, among other things.

I agree with TheLotusEater, it’s basically about self-control, if you can manage to work funtional with some drug in your system then you can do it, but it doesn’t mean other people can, drug’s also tend to increase the already existing brain circuits so it also depends in your prior experience with reality.

Btw, since we’re talking about drugs, has somebody met animal plants? Like Entheogen’s spirit: The lady of Salvia, the grandma of Ayahuasca, the Cougar of St. Pedro, the famous “Mescalito” of Peyote, etc ?? and in that same line of question, is there a cannabis lady/lord ?

I have some friends that are basically one with the plant, I see that sometimes like that simbiotic relationship of that venom character from spiderman, you know, dunno if is evil or not, I guess it depends on the person. I guess the plant gives you something but at the price of staying with her.[/quote]
I started a thread about this a few months ago, didn’t get very far though.
[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/plant-based-entities/msg24228/#msg24228]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/plant-based-entities/msg24228/#msg24228[/url]
I’m extremely interested in trying to get these entities into an evocation type situation, if at all possible, and would love someone to help me. The knowledge that mescalito holds could be invaluable, and I’m sure anything the mushroom entity would say would me mind-blowing.
There definitely seems to be a presence behind cannabis, though its so subtle that you often think you’re the one coming up with all these grand ideas. I’m sure there’s benefits to cocaine as well for this work, Mayan shamans are very fond of it…same with heroin and datura, but I personally have more caution of those drugs than interest.

I’d say go 50/50… smoking weed is a double edged sword… it amplifies your ability to connect but also will possibly distort the information that gets through(which is an issue anyway as a novice magician).

use it, just don’t light one up before every ritual

I always mix ganja with datura.

I’ve heard of that mix, a question, do you use the leaves, the seed or the flower of the datura?

and what difference in the effect have you notice compared with just weed

I’ve tried it with meditation and rituals several times and in reality it hasn’t helped. It makes my ADD and over-analyzing/OCD worse. I also notice that I can’t release any energy while high and the next day I have a third eye headache. For fun or just chillin weed is awesome but it ain’t for ritual use.

[quote=“EpicGnome, post:12, topic:2367”]

I’ve heard of that mix, a question, do you use the leaves, the seed or the flower of the datura?

and what difference in the effect have you notice compared with just weed[/quote]

i would also like to hear you experience with datura and weed. datura has inerested me since reading the works of Carlos Castaneda!

[quote=“alchemicalhaze, post:14, topic:2367”][quote=“EpicGnome, post:12, topic:2367”]

and what difference in the effect have you notice compared with just weed[/quote]

i would also like to hear you experience with datura and weed. datura has inerested me since reading the works of Carlos Castaneda![/quote]
Heh, those stories are the exact reason why I DONT want anything to do with datura.

Alright, I’ll do the experiment.

I’m going to smoke the leaf of the datura tree and then report to headquarters. I’m going to use it in 3 different context.

1.- Solo meditation context. To catch a bit of the effects and how does affect mind, purpose, behaviour, etc.

2.- Scrying. Black mirror.

3.- Evocation (I have performed only 2 evocations, who knows what will happen).

4.- Motorcycle riding… just for the adrenaline fuck the fucking yeah.

Let’s see what happens

I smoke the flowers and the seeds. I try not to cut the leaves off my plants…I find it better to use what is given(unless they are withering around the base).
I usually smoke in a joint around 10-20 seeds and around 1 flower. Also, the affects of the plant will vary depending on the potency of seeds and flowers.

Chemicals vary.

My ally is Datura Metel.

Have you performed some especific rites to be ally with the plant?

The plant in my city I have just medidtated on her, clean the ground around here, gave her water and tried to stablish a psychihc link, is on the city square not near my house.

I have used the leaf some times, in tea for medical purposes, not psychodelic nor magickal purpose.

At my age 32 cannabis now causes paranoia, when I get stoned today just thinking about demons sketches me, thinking of past workings all baked wondering what the FUCK was I thinking, so for me def no but you might react differently to thc in your current state and it could work, however cannabis a hallucinogen will make your mind more active something that I don’t know would be good for ritual.

I used to, but my magick has now evolved to the point that i dont need it for ritual, and if i do use it, it gets in the way and hinders my magick. so i just rather smoke it AFTER i do my magick