Can I Make a petition to a spirit to bestow upon me the ability to see and hear spirits?

I am fairly new to the magic circle and I’m having a hard time see and hearing the spirits, is it possible to create a petition asking a Necromancy Spirit to grant me the ability to see and speak to the dead or spirits or to teach me magic (summon, etc) :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

The ability to see spirits isn’t something that’s bestowed but rather something that is trained, but I do not see why you could not still go through with it, you may get something just as good.

2 Likes

This was one of the first things I asked from my spirit guide, many years ago. I asked “awaken within me the sight to see that which is not seen”. I concentrated very hard and accepted the ability to be bestowed on me. My head hurt for a bit but soon after I could see energy, auras, and little things like that. I can’t see full manifestations of spirits directly, I see them in my “minds eye” and if I trance out I can get psychedelic visions. My wife is a natural medium, she sees spirits, fay etc like you would see a human walking next to you. She says its a gift but mostly feels like a curse.

2 Likes

raukfaisk

3m

What spirit would be the most appropriate to contact that would grant me that petition

Most spirits probably have the power to do so, but a patron/guide would be best. Some spirits are known to be keepers of secrets, Tahuti/Thoth is one I work with for Occult Knowledge. Psychic powers are often attributed to the Moon sphere, so a Witch Goddess such as Hecate or the Morigan. I don’t know enough about demonology to give advice on which Gatekeeper would be best.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your help :blush: