Can I commune or make pacts with the old Baltic gods?

Hey everybody i’m a complete newbie here.

Here’s the thing. I am Lithuanian (little country near baltic sea). And believe it or not Lithuania was the last ever land that still worshiped its pagan gods (got completely converted around 1413). The gods are quite similar to finnish and scandinavian gods.

– you can skip this for time saving sakes

The main gods are:
Dievas - God of sky, one who created balance in the world and who preserves it. Interestingly we call christian god “Dievas” too. Sometimes he comes to land to attend some events.

Perkūnas - One of highest gods created by Dievas and who is incharge of wind and creates storms (similar to Thor in a way). Married to Žemyna. Sometimes called “Dievo rykštė” - God’s whip. Children couldn’t say “Perkūnas” because people feared it might bring him. Only adults could say it, but not during the storm.

Gabija - Goddess of fire and family’s fireplace/the goodness of family, she protected the farm, family, farm animals and jobs of women (especially spinning wool near a candle) --This is really hard to translate since english doesn’t have the variety of words that we have x_x.

Žemyna - Basically goddess of earth and everything that is alive. Comes from Dievų motina who is similar to Hindu - Kali Ma, Greek - Gaja.

Pikuolis - God of death, underworld and everything that is bad. It was said that if you made him angry you cannot seek his forgiveness without at least sacrificing blood.

Patrimpas - God of rivers and water. (not much is known)

Laima - Goddess of luck and destiny, often theres two or three of them and its said that Laima alone desides your destiny. So its similar to Moiras. She also works together with her sister Giltinė (goddess who kills people and takes them to afterlife).

Medeina - Goddess of forests (not much is known).

Velnias - (Bony Old man) underworld spirit. His job – protect earth’s treasures, protect poor, punish people who are unfair, bullies, gluttons, bad people, drunks.

Interestingly I’ve just read that baltic gods God of water (Patrimpas), Death (Pikuolis) and air (Perkūnas) Made a union of some sort at some point. I think I have heard that in some other mythology before (hellenic?).
There are many other spirits not mentioned here like Laumės, Bamputys etc.

Is there any way I can commune with Baltic pagan gods or spirits and even make pacts maybe???

P.S. I just noticed that they are quite similar to other pagan gods in other religions so they might be the same, just name differently.

1 Like

I have been thinking that Thor,Perkele,and Perkunas are the same god but with different name as they have many similarities… The least i know of Perkunas since here its Perkele or Ukko/Ukko Perkele but still its a god of thunder with the hammer of Thor “Ukon vasara/ukon kirves”

But anyways, why couldn’t you? Thor is the only god whose voice i have heard although he didn’t say much…

And yeah this country i’m from is Finland…

On the other news you should go and say hi on the new member’s thread, for the sake of pleasing moderators.

(Im not ashamed of my occultism, or hiding it but still i might share something that i wouldn’t elsewhere so that’s why i’m not posting pics of myself like some are)

Hm that is intersting They might be the same thing! What did Thor say by the way and what did you do to talk with him?
Also"vasara" in lithuanian means summer and kirves is really similar to kirvis which means hatchet haha just think i have to point that out that we have similar words with completely different meanings.

Yeah here vasara = hammer, and kirves = hatchet/ax.

Well i was on a sleeping paralyzis and called him for help, so i could astral project or something i guess… i was really confused and garbled myself in that state. Firt he said my name and then" It is me Thor" and i asked something like “…what now?” meaning that what should happen now, and he just said “You should not invite guests if you have nothing to offer”

Of course the short conversation was in finnish and not in english, and then i dropped out of that state so it fell short :frowning:

Later i made him offerings on my balcony at the starting of thursday when it was also thunder storming. (Thursday = thor’s day and planetary day of jupiter)

Their not the same God. They may however share the same traits. At some point in history someone may of taken the details of said God and created other Gods. In that likelihood their the same, but for all intents and purposes at the surface level you cannot say their the same.

Hard to say since history is so messed up, but at least the word Perkele supposedly comes from the word Perkunas… And Ukon vasara is a finnish version of Thor’s hammer, although you could say that Ukko and Perkele were different god, opinions on this vary.

But the only certain evidence would come if we met the gods, who knows they might be brothers of some kind too… But why are you sure they are not the same?

Or maybe you just talk gods as in different egregores, i personally believe scandinavian gods to be real so there we might differ :smiley:

My thoughtforms can be just as real and living as any person babbling to call upon any god of theirs. That in itself should be the real mystery. How is it some can get a god to work for them while others cant?

Gods and thoughtforms both are interesting beings

I don’t know much of thoughtforms and even less i know of your experiences.

But about gods i would say that they just favor others more than others, and it also depends on their current agenda.

Wait how do you know you actually called upon Thor and it wasn’t just your imagination?

Wait how do you know you actually called upon Thor and it wasn’t just your imagination?[/quote]

How do i know anyone else than i exist, and you all aren’t just my imagination after all i’m the only one who i experience.

I just assume it was, since most of the people here trust that their mind answering them without even voices isn’t imagination.

I after all got pressure on my ears i had never felt, and hear the voice echoing in my head it was more than what is typically felt by imagination.

So if i want to talk with Perkūnas or maybe I should start with Dievas. He’s probably a lot calmer and nicer like an old wise man. What should I do and what do I offer him in exchange for his company?

1 Like

Well, if you are calling up for “gods of your own bloodline” you don’t need a fancy ritual, but my method isn’t the simplest as it requires you to get into astral projection state/sleep paralyzis for any phenomena to happen, so first get paralyzed in your sleep (You can achieve this in various ways there is vids in youtube, but my funny/shady method is to drink some beers and take melatonin with your last beer and you will most probably have a weird sleep) then before you sleep just state that you want the gods to pull you out of your body, you can add the effect by ligthing a candle to them and pouring a shot glass full of vodka leaving it to the god you are summoning.

Then when you happen to get paralyzed in your sleep, try not to get alerted and just try calling the god by its names.

If someone else notices this thread they might have more common methods for you :smiley:

Most of the people would just suggest you to get into theta-gamma synch which is an altered state, but less intense than what i’m suggesting i just personally think that mine is more straightforward and certainly noticeable hahah.

[quote=“Black Flame, post:12, topic:6396”]Well, if you are calling up for “gods of your own bloodline” you don’t need a fancy ritual, but my method isn’t the simplest as it requires you to get into astral projection state/sleep paralyzis for any phenomena to happen, so first get paralyzed in your sleep (You can achieve this in various ways there is vids in youtube, but my funny/shady method is to drink some beers and take melatonin with your last beer and you will most probably have a weird sleep) then before you sleep just state that you want the gods to pull you out of your body, you can add the effect by ligthing a candle to them and pouring a shot glass full of vodka leaving it to the god you are summoning.

Then when you happen to get paralyzed in your sleep, try not to get alerted and just try calling the god by its names.

If someone else notices this thread they might have more common methods for you :smiley:

Most of the people would just suggest you to get into theta-gamma synch which is an altered state, but less intense than what i’m suggesting i just personally think that mine is more straightforward and certainly noticeable hahah.[/quote]

That makes me wonder when the whole thing is over will the vodka shot be empty? :smiley:

Sometimes it will, sometimes it won’t… I don’t know why exactly but that varies, usually there is only a bit of it gone :smiley:

But no if you make a lasagne for a spirit to eat for an example, i don’t think it would usually disappear unless you have actually something coming to you in physical material form and eating it… But that would be rare heheh.

What?? you mean some actually materialize? :open_mouth: are there any sources I can watch of it happening?

What?? you mean some actually materialize? :open_mouth: are there any sources I can watch of it happening?[/quote]

I’m not sure, but i remember someone here claiming that their food did actually disappear… I don’t know what to say, i’m sure internet is full of videos of aliens and al that but most of them fake.

Ok I will try to get drunk and communicate with Dievas once I find the chance haha I wonder what he likes I hope I won’t offend him

Yes, i’m sure the others will share some advice which doesn’t require you to get drunk :smiley: although E.a himself mentions mushrooms in one of he’s videos, but i don’t go suggesting any drugs myself.

What?? you mean some actually materialize? :open_mouth: are there any sources I can watch of it happening?[/quote]

I wouldn’t rely on the internet, or outside advice, to verify the reality of this circumstance. For anyone who can do this, it is extremely rare that they will want to show off, rather due to the entity in question demanding secrecy, or because having an experience like that seems to really dampen one’s desire to display magick acts. I’m not saying this for everyone, but many people who are on the internet making videos of magick displays have some honest desire to draw attention to what they do, and at least some of those people are doing it for insecure reasons. Even if the reason is not insecure, at a level where you can materialize gods, the desire to draw attention to your work seems to go down massively for most people.

Did you know you can get a weed high without smoking or eating weed?