Can focus intent alone work to cast a spell?

If I put myself into a meditative state in order to visualize what I want, then repeat in my head my desires along with the visualizations. Will that ever be enough to see results?
Obviously the wealth of ritual and tools and spiritual evocations most others do suggests that I’m lacking greater sources of power and precision than I could be using, but I am still curious.
I know that the Magick isn’t really in the candle or the flame or the incense. It’s in me.
Am I alone enough of a magical tool to impact and cause the effects I want?

2 Likes

Yes, this is the entire premise of chaos magic. Look up how to make a chaos magic style sigil :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool…I’ll do that.
How do I break myself out of the energy state once I’m finished visualizing though?
I still feel that heavy energy in me and I want to separate from it.
I am concerned that I will change the outcome of the visualizations with any strange thoughts I have now that I’m finished.
I’m aware that things like fear or doubt can cancel out what you send. Or even worse cause it to backfire on you completely.

1 Like

Psychological retraction, find a way to end the ritual properly. i.e saying “and so it is done!” and clapping your hands. Thereafter go and do something physical that forces you to focus on something else.

3 Likes

Yes! This is what I’m looking for.
Thank you.

1 Like

If I haven’t properly broken from this energy after completing the visualizations. Is it possible that the fleeting thoughts of fear and doubts I had afterwards will negatively impact what I cast?
Should I try the visualizations again to reinforce them if they have been compromised by the emotional disruptions?

1 Like

I would just ignore it entirely, as if you never did the ritual.