Can copper withstand fire

I want to do the money spell in the Anthology of Sorcery book that requires something that can withstand fire. I have a copper bowl. Does anyone know if that will work.

Also side question, how do I find out the exact time of Jupiter? My astrology game is very cruddy. Thanks

4 Likes

It will withstand it but it conducts heat like a motherfucker so be careful when handling it.

The time of Jupiter differs per day, I can give you them all or just the ones on the day you’d like to perform this.

4 Likes

Can you tell me how to actually figure it out myself?

I’ll send you the chart and explain it in PM

1 Like

Chronos xp is a good app for planetary hours

1 Like

Also if you can get it a stone bowl or mortor may be better. Copper cab withstand heat but @KingOfHearts616 mentioned it does conduct heat like crazy. You dont wanna forget and end up with burna during ritual.

3 Likes

If you are talking regular old fire than copper is fine. It will tolerate nearly 1,900 degrees F if I’m not mistaken. It will probably burn through whatever you rest it on long before the copper gets hot enough to melt.

Are you talking planetary hours? which day of the week, what day of the year? It changes every day. Take the time from sunrise to sunset, divide that number by twelve. Figure out which hour Jupiter falls on that day and and multiply the first number by the second. Then, starting with the time of sunrise, count ahead an amount of minutes equal to that total. This is the start of the planetary hour. It ends after as many minutes have passed as your first number. Same process for night, just sunset to sunrise the following week day.

2 Likes

Thank you! @KingOfHearts616 sent me a daily chart which is perfect. Now i understand it, much appreciated

2 Likes

I found that Farmer’s Almanacs are a lot of help when needing to know the schedules of the celestial bodies. The hard copies are great to keep around for a quick reference, I think you can find them online as well in order to avoid having to buy a new one every year.

2 Likes

If you have a soldering mat or thick heat block for brazing//welding that should be OK.