Can Aphrodite curse people?

I know people work with her for other reasons but can she curse others that deserve it?

1 Like

The simple answer is yes.

However, the more complex answer comes with what and why you wanting to curse.

My suggestion: Ask her.

6 Likes

All Gods can curse people.

Gods can program and do things outside of their titles too. Also not to forget Aphrodite is also a Goddess of War.

6 Likes

I usually think :

If we can do it, they can do it. Abilities might be varying like they are between us, but I don’t see why not?

1 Like

Haha! Yeah, she can be very heartless if she wants to be.

1 Like

Goddesses Eos and Clio and gods Helios and Pan are just some examples of Aphrodite’s curses. Her curses are mostly love related (to make you fall in love with someone). Her revenge though can be much more deadly, and is also caused because of love.

Not quite, even though she caused the Trojan war because of love. Only in Sparta she was worshipped as a war deity mostly under the name Areia, due to her connections with Ares. In a few other areas her statue might appeared armed but was not worshipped as war deity even though love can cause hate and wars. Her relation with actual war traits were much, much less in comparison with Inanna for example.

6 Likes

Aphrodite is not a goddess of war, but she is a goddess of passion, and that covers anything that people can be passionate about, from stamp collecting to blood spilling. Anyone who is passionate to the point of obsession, regardless of the subject of that obsession, was said to be in the grip of the goddess.

1 Like