Can a non white evoke norse and anglo saxon gods

Can a non white person do norse magic? Can a non white person worship norse and anglo saxon gods? Does odin forbid non whites to worship him? I am asking because nowadays many who have started worshipping Odin again are claiming that they cannot let non whites be part of their ritual worships.

4 Likes

Of course you can work with any of them. Odin is not racist, but there are a lot of racists who do follow him and use him for there agenda sadly. I am linking this YouTube video to a channel called “FlowingFire” she is a great occultist and made a video on odin about this topic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBO0HftgIxk

7 Likes

That is only these peoples opinion that non whites can’t worship norse Gods. Spirits, Gods are not racist. I once knew a totally white person that practiced Voodoo and Santeria, and on 100% he did not have african ancestors. So I don’t see a reason that non-whites would not worship norse Gods.

8 Likes

Thanku. Norse gods have always fascinated me!

4 Likes

Absolutely. I know a few Heathens who are people of color. White Supremacists have coopted a lot of Norse symbolism and claim to be Heathen, but they only pervert and corrupt the path. In the Eddas it say Odin has so many names because of the many different peoples who worship him.

10 Likes

Exactly if White people can be initiated into the Traditional African Religions: Voudoun/Voodoo, Santeria, Palo Mayombe, Candomblé not too mention there are White people that venerate Kemetic i.e. Ancient Egpytian Deities, a along with East-Indian Deities. Then I see no reason why Non-whites can’t venerate the Norse Pantheon of Deities.

5 Likes

No problem. Good luck :heart:

3 Likes

There’s no racism here. Can this forum get any better? :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Nazis can’t say “Thor”. They don’t use “th” and their “R” is all wrong.
That reflects German language rather than racist ideals, but Thurisaz represents “danger to outsiders” and “don’t mess with us”. Thurisaz knows about racial conflict.

The resentment in the Norse path is all about Rome. In a way, it is the path where white people go to find out that their ancestors weren’t really “white” in the imperialist culture sense. We got mind-wiped by the church and our people are running around pushing this crazy philosophy that isn’t even in touch with its self.

Vikings went everywhere. They traded and raided and got people pregnant. The way family trees work, a hundred steps back and you are related to everybody everywhere. Enjoy the path. It belongs to whoever walks it.

7 Likes

Odin does not have a bias it is some of the idiots who worship him who say that. Sure I am white I am Norse and Celtic (and Mexican) so I’m white, but u can to. I wouldn’t worship them but just honor them. Balder actually said not to worship him before Loki killed him. (Yea can’t exactly evoke Balder) but really the only Norse god I’ve worked with who had a slight bias towards lighter skin people was Thor. But that’s really it. After all a white person can work with gods of darker skinned peoples. So the answer is yes, and most of them will be happy that ur working with them. (Maybe not Thor. He is slightly racist. One reason I don’t work with him often)
I hope this answers your question,
-Altair

2 Likes

Like everyone else has already stated yes you can call on them regardless of skin color! Unfortunately the racist nazis make calling on them hard for us white people too because now we look like nazis even though we’re just connecting to our ancestors (boo nazis!)

Personally I see spirits as interdimensional beings. So I feel it’s silly for any one race or culture to say “These beings travelled across space and time to talk to us and us only!”

Dude they traveled across dimensions just to stop at one particular country? I don’t think so. Chances are they thought way bigger than that

Good luck on your adventures! If you feel drawn to the norse path go for it

2 Likes

Honestly I have never met a racist sorcerer or witch. I love magick! It brings people together even if it’s baneful magick! :joy:

3 Likes

The pantheon is not exclusively “Norse” or “Scandinavian” but Germanic, across all Germanic tribes. Scary word, Germanic…brrrrr… We call him Donar btw…

And you don’t have to be white.

2 Likes

…which actually IS Norse and Scandinavian exclusively. In contradiction to the name, or branch of the word “Germanic”, it has nothing to do with Germany, Netherland, Switzerland or Austria inclusively. At all. There is a connection, though, from a much wider perspective than the Norse pantheon and it’s the era of the Bronze Age and travelling trading routes.

…and yes, anyone can practice any kind of magic, despite origin.

4 Likes

Yup. It’s an old beef but I’m also close to Fehu so don’t worry about it.

I just pointed that out for fun.

2 Likes

One of their number turned into a magical horse, got fucked by a magical horse, gave birth to an even more magical horse along with assorted other beings that have eaten some of them and routinely escapes his super max prison to sow chaos and fun around the world and party and they still somewhat tolerate him,… somewhat.

At that point I think they don’t really give a fuck what color the sack of meat and bones you call your body happens to be, they have dealt with far far stranger forms of fuckery.

6 Likes

I’m by ethnicity considered black/african american but I have norse heritage among others egyptian, portuguese, and many others. However, the Gods don’t care what your ethnicity is, your vessel only matters to your current life. If they don’t respond it’s not cause of your ethnicity or nationality, it’s most likely just them not wanting to and if they do they do it because they want to.

5 Likes

Look at it this way, every culture has a storm god. To the Greeks it was Zeus to the Roman it was Jupiter, to the Norse it’s Thor, to the Canaanite it was Baal, to the Hindu it was Indra, to the Egyptian it was Set etc etc. The gods are aspects of nature anthropomorphised and every culture has its own name for the same exact thing. They have different stories and style or flavor but often quite similar. If you prefer to use the Norse style representation of the current as opposed to the Hindu by all means feel free. In the end it’s all the same energy and aspect of the universe no matter what culture’s version you use.

4 Likes

From my experience, the Norse gods, or any deity for that matter, couldn’t care less about the color of one’s skin. It is your deeds that do. Racism is a human thing, not a spirit one. It sounds like you have had run ins with folkish heathens. There are universal heathen groups out there who are more than willing to allow someone who’s ancestors lived in a different climate than theirs into their rituals.

3 Likes
1 Like