Can a LHP practitioner practice Crowleys liber samekh?

There are many other LHP rites to get contact with the daemon but I find Crowleys Bronless Rite very inspiring. But it has all qabbalastic words etc.

And its beyond my level of knowledge to edit or customize it.

I saw this video of EA pointing out that there’s no restrictions in the LHP.

So if a LHP megician can evoke angels can he perform other Qabbalastic Rites?

Michael W Ford also seems to talk a lot on balance so I guess that would be okay… :confused:

3 Likes

I thought the Bornless Ritual was always to invoke the God self, so i don’t see any problem using it. If you summon a spirit who does than politely ask it to give you another Invocation to call it by.

2 Likes

Ha! I never let a little thing like that stop me, but if you want, there is a rite I kinda based the Bornless Rite that I use linked below, feel free to adapt it as needed:

You can find the original papyrus the Borless Rite is based upon using magickal sounds in Stephen Flowers’ excellent book Hermetic Magick, but it’s a lengthy lot of vowel sounds to memorise. Mine works well for me, and I know some other people on here use it as well. :thumbsup:

9 Likes

Liber Samekh is quite demanding and time-consuming if you want to follow Crowley’s way, as far as I remember.
It’s an advanced ritual, and there are several versions. The official published version is not complete but initiates who are already 5=6 A.’.A.’… usually get one that serves them most (much longer and more complex). It is inspiring, but keep in mind that is only a small part of the magical system that is full of secrecy.
I hope it helps.
Good luck!

2 Likes

I used to do the published liber samekh everyday. I still do it on occasion.

1 Like

Of course you can. Liber Samekh is a spirit possession ritual for invocation and channelling.

There are simpler ways to channel spirits, such as the Carsons’ CIA NLP Pattern, the Golden Dawn’s Assumption Of The Godform, John Overdurf’s Deep Trance Identification, and other methods.

But yes, you can do LS if you want to. Who’s stopping you?

Part of being LHP is not asking permission or waiting to be told what you can do.

1 Like

An LHP practitioner can do whatever he/she wants. That’s the whole point: No limits of any kind.

1 Like