Calling Ancients Gods/Demons, Without Using names Of God - Better Response?

Calling the demons/ancient God/spirits without using the names of God (El, Elohim, Adonai etc) - is this more potent , because I’m getting the feeling that is it more potent and effective this way ?

It seems like it shouldn’t matter. El, Adonai, etc are u. When u call the names u are taking that title or office.

Your question gives some interesting thought though.

Depends on who u are calling up too. I don’t think a Mesopotamian Goddess would care about Tetragrammaton…Perhaps it’s makes sense to tailor it to the deity or spirit ur calling up?

1 Like

Of course it is

1 Like

WTF… Those are not you but totally different entities don’t get confused

3 Likes

They would most definitely care about a being that has been crippling humanity and slowing evolution

1 Like

Its a question of perspective and approach. I’m a chaos magickian, so approach is different.

2- u act as though they care about humanity anymore than he who wishes to enslave it…U dont know them anymore than i do…we are humans afterall

1 Like

It depends on the individual and what they put into it, potency is dependent on that factor. Mainly because some beings have many names and no name at all besides the name they “chose” to give man. Just like any ritual or energy work, the potency of what you put into it makes it so.

3 Likes

Don’t confuse religious bias (a lot of supposed black magicians seem to basically just be Christians in drag, with the same rabid mindset against other beliefs) for actual power.

The God Names have been used magically for close to a thousand years and as such, they transcend any religion, including the ones they are tied to. They contain more power than any demonic enn.

If you actually learn about them, you would know they have nothing to do with the Christian Gawd that so many on this forum are fanatically opposed to, and are meant to tap into the Eternal Source, Ain Soph, that lies behind everything, not simply a mere god.

There is a reason EA includes them in the first lesson of his OAA Discourses. They each hold a power meant to be possessed and understood.

You can use them or not use them as you see fit, but please don’t buy the LHP propaganda spread about them without actually experimenting with them first.

8 Likes

Your post makes no sense those are entities name’s not a title of a person… N not Mesopotamian gods and goddesses names either like one in particular Gilgamesh has his own title and name you know

1 Like

I assume you mean the Solomonic system of trying to bind entities by threatening them with the names of a defunct war-egregore that one rather nasty religion calls “god”.

I agree with you, drop it like a hot potato.

So, use pretty much any system you like other than Solomonic. Sorted.

I like E. A. Koetting’s system of evocation/invocation, plus shamanic journeying, druidry and lucid dream work, but there are a few, read around and find what works for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the meaningful explanation @DarkestKnight

Do you use “EIN, EIN SOF, and EIN SOF OR” when calling the spirits, along with “EL, ELOHIM, ADONAI etc” ?

This depends on the tradition. Some names are actually titles and vice versa…Given one entity can be a god in one place with a name that’s a title or office, or just have a name to another culture shows how complex this all is. For example Ba’al means Lord…it’s a title but a name simultaneously…

Ain Soph represents the Eternal before manifestation. You don’t chant it, as It’s not a Word of Power, but is what the Names of God, particularly the Tertragammaton, are supposed to connect to.

Adonai simply means “Lord,” in Hebrew, and in traditional Kabbalah it is generally used in place of some Names that are considered too sacred to speak. It could, technically speaking, be used to refer to any god one worships as it is simply an honorific and not directly tied to any deity, though Western culture has almost completely chained it to Yahweh. It is often used interchangeably in texts with “Hashem” which means “the Name.”

Elohim is the plural of Elohe, and is also a title in Hebrew, meaning “the mighty ones.” It can actually be used to refer to any sort of authority, but in religious texts it refers specifically to the Creator (ancient Hebrew texts recognised a dual aspect to the Eternal, a masculine and feminine, so the use of Elohim was sort of like the royal “we” that modern monarchs use). When the Judaic religion was Christianized, they translated the word to mean “God Almighty,” but at its root it is a general title.

EL is a Word of Power, and is considered to be one of the oldest Divine Names known. It’s origins are in the ancient Canaanite people, and, linguistically, it is both a generic word for deity, and a singular title for the head of a pantheon.

In his book The Magick of Angels and Demons, Henry Archer states that demons have no problems with the chanting of EL, though they are bothered by other Divine Names according to him.

2 Likes

I see what you mean but I feel like Baal is just his name your name and my name also have meanings to but we don’t call eachother that lol

2 Likes