Butchery

In celebration of my 500th post here, most of them being nonsense, I’ve decided to reveal my main method of attacking spirits and absorbing them!

Thank you to the O.A.A., because this is a technique of yours perverted and … undead-ified? Whatever the case, here is, IMO, one of the quickest roads to power an aspiring vampire can take- as long as they can defend themselves, that is.

The O.A.A. has a method for attracting the attention of wandering spirits. The gist of it is that you make yourself known to the spirits in the area and provide a means for them to manifest in front of you.

Well, now here is how yours truly uses such a method!

Invite all sorts of astral nasties and enemies who want your head into your defenses. Let them sit there and size them up. I get anywhere from three to forty gathering.

Then, latch onto all of them at once (preferably with astral tendrils) and begin the draining. By “draining”, I mean visualize parts of them being sucked into the tendrils and delivered to you.

Most random spirits will turn on their heels in an attempt to escape you. Using your tether to them, bind them until you set them free and keep draining for as long as you can. Some entities will undoubtedly try to strike back, others will strike you when you lower your defenses, and most will definitely want revenge.

So leave no survivors.

It generally leaves a very full, satisfied feeling in the physical stomach. But take caution when trying to attack spirits, as they have infinite time and are usually very patient. Start feeding on entities one by one before doing this massive group attack, which requires you to be able to defend yourself otherwise they will overrun you in a counterattack.

Dangerous, but extremely effective. Quite a lot of my power comes from devouring entities, and this is a mass vampiric harvest.

So, eternally, good luck and happy hunting,

-Sev

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:1, topic:2718”]In celebration of my 500th post here, most of them being nonsense, I’ve decided to reveal my main method of attacking spirits and absorbing them!

Thank you to the O.A.A., because this is a technique of yours perverted and … undead-ified? Whatever the case, here is, IMO, one of the quickest roads to power an aspiring vampire can take- as long as they can defend themselves, that is.

The O.A.A. has a method for attracting the attention of wandering spirits. The gist of it is that you make yourself known to the spirits in the area and provide a means for them to manifest in front of you.

Well, now here is how yours truly uses such a method!

Invite all sorts of astral nasties and enemies who want your head into your defenses. Let them sit there and size them up. I get anywhere from three to forty gathering.

Then, latch onto all of them at once (preferably with astral tendrils) and begin the draining. By “draining”, I mean visualize parts of them being sucked into the tendrils and delivered to you.

Most random spirits will turn on their heels in an attempt to escape you. Using your tether to them, bind them until you set them free and keep draining for as long as you can. Some entities will undoubtedly try to strike back, others will strike you when you lower your defenses, and most will definitely want revenge.

So leave no survivors.

It generally leaves a very full, satisfied feeling in the physical stomach. But take caution when trying to attack spirits, as they have infinite time and are usually very patient. Start feeding on entities one by one before doing this massive group attack, which requires you to be able to defend yourself otherwise they will overrun you in a counterattack.

Dangerous, but extremely effective. Quite a lot of my power comes from devouring entities, and this is a mass vampiric harvest.

So, eternally, good luck and happy hunting,

-Sev[/quote]

I want to thank you for sharing, but disagree on a couple of points. Firstly, “Dangerous? Very patient?” In my experience, most wandering spirits are barely even self-aware, let alone an actual threat, and have really weak energy… It would appear that comparing feeding on them to feeding on a person is like comparing feeding on ants or roaches to feeding on porterhouse steak. Mmmm, steak…

Secondly, I am obviously not an expert, but at least to me there would appear to be additional risks to feeding on spirits, especially inhuman ones. Just as you have to “filter the gunk” out when you feed on people, you’d surely have a similar problem with entities – except the “filtration” might likely be much more difficult since the “thoughts” and “emotions” you would be dealing with would be utterly alien when compared to the more “orthodox,” more familiar human targets… It is probably not the best thing in the world for your psychological health.

Oh well, I guess it’s an acquired taste just like consuming locusts is considered a delicacy in some cultures… (I still say it can’t compare to a good steak though.)

Despite my disagreement, once again, thank you very much for posting this! I’ve actually absorbed an attacking spirit/servitor/whatever the shit it was before, (sort of out of desparation since I tried everything else to defend myself and get rid of it,) and was wondering if what you described was indeed a theoretically viable feeding method. Your post was actually the first time I ever heard of anyone else successfully using an absorbtion technique on a spirit.

how do you pick the number of spirits that come to you?

@Superstes

True, wandering spirits suck, but try going to some spirit plane and storm the shit there. Cool stuff!

Wandering spirits suck so much… but, I guess you could have a point. I never considered going after the more powerful targets (too chicken). I guess I could try it if I could soul-travel…

But, I don’t know how to do it. Yet.