Burnt Offerings

In my own practice I have discovered that burning offerings allows them to be transmuted it a useable form so that the entities and powers can absorb them. Also when using candles, incense, and blood to release your intent through a spell, it is obvious that the burning is what releases the energy you’ve charged them with. Has anyone discovered another way to transmute your offerings rather than just leaving your wine and food on the ground in front of a tree? I’ve done that for a long time, but in this last 6 months or so I’ve noticed a difference in my results through burning the offerings. Clearly it’s effective based on the evidence I’ve gathered in utilizing the Deification Rite. The sacrifice’s blood is burnt in the fire so that the recipient can absorb it. Thoughts?

7 Likes

@Lady_Eva has this theory of cause and effect which talks about offering sacrifice in a way where there is no coming back.
Leaving food outside means it can still be used by elements insects etc

Burning it takes it to a stage where it literally cannot remain food or edible x hence the great results x

Hope I make sense x

Pouring beer on ground has the same effect.

4 Likes

Some take that as a sign that the offering was accepted by the being and collected via a critter of sorts. Or rain washing it into the ground.

If I leave beer out for Thor it always rains and the next day the bowl is nothing but rainwater. I take that as a good sign, not that it had been " partially used" by something other than what it was intended for.

I think the issue is mental. You have to let go of your idea that you own or are responsible for the offering. Burying it or burning it works great. If you leave it outside then best not " check on it" cuz it isn’t yours anymore

4 Likes

I think it depends on the entity. I have only ever made an offering to King Paimon and I was told specifically to leave it out on my altar for 24 hours and then bury it in the earth.

5 Likes

In addition to burning, you can also directly bury the offerings in the ground. Though, burning is the preferred method.

2 Likes

Any food that is left on the ground outside my house will pretty quickly be eaten by my dogs, so aside from burning I would need to bury it to avoid that scenario. I always pour my beverage offerings under a certain tree in the yard, unless I have a fire going and I’ll burn them.
I recently used vodka in a ritual in which the recipient was a human. I burned the vodka and I never told her what offerings I used, yet she still reported feeling drunk during the rite. I wonder if the gods get the same benefit in some way.

4 Likes

When I allow Belial to enjoy wine through my body I don’t get drunk from it. A whole bottle. So I’m guessing he is getting the tipsy.

3 Likes

@In_Between_Worlds have you tried this with the food offerings?

2 Likes

Hey bro, by burning them, you are on the right track.

Remember how Hindus burn death bodies so their loved one can cross over? For crossing over of the physical into the astral it’s important that the physical be destroyed.

When you burn the offering or pour it on ground, it can cross over to the entity much more quickly.When you wait for it to be accepted by earth through decomposition then that may result in slightly slower results.

I have experienced the same in my rituals.

3 Likes

After burning, burying is probably the most used method. I wonder how that works.

2 Likes

I always thought of it like the Earth is one of the most ever present goddesses. And she is always self-giving. Nothing in Nature exists for itself, everything from plants to prey to predator all play vital and important roles in their ecosystem. No energy is lost, everything is recycled.

And that’s why I think that burying offerings works so well.

But, it was also what I was taught when I was a Catholic growing up. Blessed items were either burned or buried. Even the wine from communion is poured out directly into the earth. In Judaism, they believe that the name of God is so sacred that it is a sin to destroy it. So, if they need to dispose of items which have the name of God written on them they put them all in a wooden box and bury it in the earth.

My practice is to burn everything (even the things that don’t lend to burning well) and then I bury the remains in the earth. It’s the best of both worlds.

5 Likes

Great explanation.

I see, I thought maybe demonic/dark entities get their offerings through burying methods as they are symbolically beneath us, in hell. But if even blessed items were also buried, that means my theory was wrong.

2 Likes

Twist: God is in hell too. :laughing:

2 Likes

I just gave a tall boy 8% beer to Thor in hopes to find the strength to hold a job. I poured it in a raging river just after a huge rain storm passed by. I do believe the flow or transfer of offerings needs to be an alchemical transference, a uniquely fitted offering dependant upon circumstances.

I hope he got a buzz.

2 Likes

I have had the same effect when offering vodka.

2 Likes

Yea something like that makes sense. The running water would transmute the beer for Thor.

1 Like

I haven’t tried that. It makes sense though. That’s a mild form of possession.

2 Likes

I definitely notice acting a little different when I do it so that makes sense

1 Like

I just got a call with the perfect job offer a couple hours ago while setting off fireworks. God of Thunder, much?

1 Like