Burning a contract?

I have yet to make a written pact with an entity but my friend made on with Purson and Botis a few years ago and then burned it to “show the fire of his commitment and send the will into the universe” . He only recently told me that he burned the contract and my first thought was that it would make the arrangements null and void. He says that the entities mentioned had no objections and encouraged him to do so. He did not get what he asked for though. My friend had a working relationship with these two beings prior to the contract, so my question is this, does destroying the physical copy of the pact nullify it in the same way it does a contract with two humans? Also, has anyone ever worked with these entities that could give me any insight into their personalities?

I feel I must include that my friend no longer summons or does any kind of magic at all because he caused harm unintentionally and this is for my own knowledge, not his. He is now a militant atheist despite these encounters.

[quote=“V Alex44, post:1, topic:6564”]I have yet to make a written pact with an entity but my friend made on with Purson and Botis a few years ago and then burned it to “show the fire of his commitment and send the will into the universe” . He only recently told me that he burned the contract and my first thought was that it would make the arrangements null and void. He says that the entities mentioned had no objections and encouraged him to do so. He did not get what he asked for though. My friend had a working relationship with these two beings prior to the contract, so my question is this, does destroying the physical copy of the pact nullify it in the same way it does a contract with two humans? Also, has anyone ever worked with these entities that could give me any insight into their personalities?

I feel I must include that my friend no longer summons or does any kind of magic at all because he caused harm unintentionally and this is for my own knowledge, not his. He is now a militant atheist despite these encounters.[/quote]

Hi V!

Your friend sounded like he didn’t know what he wanted in life. Perhaps in private he asked a serious question that he didn’t know the answer too, received it and couldn’t handle it.

As for pacts, well, it depends on the agreement you have with the entity. Usually, getting rid of the physical copy is meaningless without and sense of significance. If he’s just doing it to hide the information, that’s one thing but from experience- no one ever burns things to hide them. They do so to cleanse something. Sometimes fully, sometimes halfheartedly. It’s similar to a drug dealer flushing drugs down the toilet when he finds out last minute the police are coming to raid him. That fear and shock somehow convince him cleanse his wrong-doing by getting rid of his stock.

Likewise, fire is also transformative so maybe he did so with an understanding that he sealed some pact as true and faithful through fire. It really just depends on what the magician wants to do by it.

Now, if you want to end a contract, it’s possible just to “re-neg” on a deal. I mean, there’s no rule that says you can’t or even that the entity cares. If they somehow do, a banishing and some magickal rods work to convince them otherwise- however, the rods/wands are usually used to actually bend one down. I guess it depends on who’s superior in the deal. Typically, it’s humans due to God’s commands but that’s one of the long and complicated issues that I’m not going to get into.

As far as unintentional harm is concerned, most people who get into magic in the beginning do so with some very serious ignorance. Usually, it’s a “I want this, so make it happen.” Most “newbies” never do a divination for the outcome. Either they forget, don’t know or choose not to.

I’ve personally never signed a pact… well, not true. I’ve never signed a pact with a demon but I did sign a covenant once. It’s still bound because of what I choose to do but that can cause an existential crisis.

Also, there’s some entities that will give you insight. Angel or demon? Which one you want? I can scan and message you the information.

In my opinion, it would depend completely on the intent - if the pact is burned to “send it into the aether” or whatever then that’s a different thing to burning it to dissolve it, to end the agreement.

Same thing with sigils - in some methods, burning a spirit’s sigil is a violent act, in others it’s just a way to get rid of a used sigil that’s no longer “live” or needed.

I don’t have extensive experience with either spirit so can’t answer your 2nd question, sorry. :slight_smile:

Also, there’s some entities that will give you insight. Angel or demon? Which one you want? I can scan and message you the information.
[/quote]

I don’t really put much emphasis on those particular labels. No preferences.

Thank yall so much for the insight!!! Always appreciated.