Breathing & series of Breaths & Visualizations

There are no “short cuts” to evocation, however, I am looking for a method to make the breathing practices “easier.” I do have slight trouble breathing and was looking for help with the “breathing steps” that EA uses in evocation.
For example… breath in deeply, hold, imagine/see the room filled with air particles that are charged with light, imagine these entering your windpipe, exhale light into the room, relax lean back looking at ceiling. I know that I am complicating a process that’s supposed to be “easy and natural” however, I’ve been told that I usually do things the hard way for some reason?
I am seemingly having difficulty getting started with this and assistance would be appreciated.
That advice seems good & fine. I was hoping for a “more detailed” description like in Evoking Eternity- no prob though, !I may need to sit down with the book and actually practice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you’re ‘‘trying’’ to do something it means that somehow you’re hostile to it,you don’t like it,or you don’t accept it.Lady eva can explain this in depth.it’s not what you’re doing,it’s how you’re doing it and how you feel when you’re doing it.when you’re doing breathing exercises and your mind is thinking if you’re doing this the right way,it means that you don’t want to do the exercises, because you’re not there.you’re living in a future possibility of a failed outcome which is fake.it exist only in your mind and it takes all the place,leaving no space to focus on what you’re doing RIGHT NOW.

The one thing at a time can help you a lot.When you do something, be there.doubting about it it’s another thing and you can do it later.When you’re doing exercises,you’re doing exercises.when you think about them,you think about them.One thing at a time.

i had the same problem as you, ‘‘trying’’ to visualize and feel the MIddle Pillar spheres.After many failed atempts,i realize that it was a matter of choice.What was stoping me to see and feel the spheres?
Nothing and no one.I simply choose to do it without thoughts,without criticizing it,without mind,without questions.I choose to accept the spheres to energize me,i choose to let the light run into my body and in general i choose to do it and feel it.
The only thing is choice…
(this reminds me the MATRIX movie)

Dron is absolutely right. It’s actually all about choice.

If you have trouble breathing (due to some condition) then don’t concentrate so much on your breath. Concentrating on your breath is a good technique for most people, because it is easy for them and helps them get into the proper relaxed state (while dropping mind). If you can get into that state without concentrating on your breath, your breath will do what it needs to automatically.

I suffer from chronic sinus infections at times, so concentrating on my breath is not always the easiest for me. I’ve found concentrating on your heart beat also works (and you have less to think about and control).

Remember to stay as relaxed as you can during this, you should feel your heart beat slow. Concentrate on each beat, and visualizing energy coming into your body and flowing out of you like a sphere of light around you during each heart beat. It will be a quicker switch between in and out. Each “bum-bum” single heart beat should be “in-out”, so “bum-bum…bum-bum…bum-bum…” will visualize energy going “in-out…in-out…in-out…” Visualize the orb of light growing larger each time it you send energy out. This will build up a ton of energy and help connect you to everything the orb touches.

Eventually, you will start to feel overwhelmed by how far out your sphere has grown and how much area you now encompass. Ride that feeling and let go of the visualization, if you can hold that state, that is where you want to be during evocation.

Once you’ve experienced it enough times, you will be able to jump to that state without visualization. So feel free to practice as much as possible even if not doing an evocation. You’ll get better and better.

Choosing the non resistance mode works for me,Most of the times we put resistance to all of our actions without knowing it , and the result is hostility against the action it self.Loving and blessing what you’re doing,is the best way to lead on the desired outcome.(thanks eva for this).
For me knowing what you have to avoid is more important that knowing what you have to do because the second will come by it’s own.Avoid trying and choose the non resistance (aka acception).

Sounds great… the only reason that I have trouble breathing is because my lung collapsed decades ago while in hospital on a ventalator. I breathe “well enough” now, but feel like I take shallow breaths. What I meant was
I need some help with the steps of breathing that are done in the process of evocation. I know that I am making an easy & natural process more difficult than it should be, however, it helps me to see the steps “listed out” in linear fashion. What I mean for example…

1. Set chair in approximate center of the room.
  2. Face North, close eyes & Inhale deeply while noticing the air filling your lungs.
  3. Exhale & notice the relaxation.
  4. Breathe this way for a while (about how long?)
  5. Breathe in, hold relax exhale…
    Can anyone help me find out where to “notice the air molecules floating in the air around you?” What color are they- gold? Etc.
    And what are the other “steps” that I’ve left out?
    As a side note- I just thought it would be interesting to note that Archangel Michael and Archangel Lucifer are "on the same ‘Team’ now and are working together. I must state for fun that I Love Lucifer & I love Michael as well. Some of the main reasons for doing evocation are to change some rather shitty stuff in my own life (being disabled, unemployed, broke is no way to attract the ladies) and once those things change I will move “deeper” into the arte of evocation.

Mikael, I’m sorry to hear about what happened to your lung. The good news is, it shouldn’t get in your way too much when doing magick.

That said, the steps of performing something are important, but there is an emotional side too. You have to trust your intuition to tell you when something is working. When you ask a question like “how long do I breath this way before moving to the next step?” you may be missing the point of the exercise. Any numerical answer would just be a guess or average. It takes everyone different amounts of time. Instead, keep in mind your goal is changing your state of awareness. When you start to feel different, you’re ready to move to the next step.

I know this sort of answer is annoying when you’re starting out, but trust yourself to be aware of subtle changes around you and you will know how long to do it.

As for the air, the energy exists everywhere in everything. All the air around you can be used if you can concentrate on it. If that is too hard at first, pick an area to focus on and just use that.

The color of the energy is also different for different people. Some don’t even see it as a color you can describe. On average, I hear people say gold, so expect that, but that is not what color it is for me.

Hope this helps.

[quote=“Mikael999, post:5, topic:4278”]Sounds great… the only reason that I have trouble breathing is because my lung collapsed decades ago while in hospital on a ventalator. I breathe “well enough” now, but feel like I take shallow breaths. What I meant was
I need some help with the steps of breathing that are done in the process of evocation. I know that I am making an easy & natural process more difficult than it should be, however, it helps me to see the steps “listed out” in linear fashion. What I mean for example…

1. Set chair in approximate center of the room.
  2. Face North, close eyes & Inhale deeply while noticing the air filling your lungs.
  3. Exhale & notice the relaxation.
  4. Breathe this way for a while (about how long?)
  5. Breathe in, hold relax exhale…
    Can anyone help me find out where to “notice the air molecules floating in the air around you?” What color are they- gold? Etc.
    And what are the other “steps” that I’ve left out?
    As a side note- I just thought it would be interesting to note that Archangel Michael and Archangel Lucifer are "on the same ‘Team’ now and are working together. I must state for fun that I Love Lucifer & I love Michael as well. Some of the main reasons for doing evocation are to change some rather shitty stuff in my own life (being disabled, unemployed, broke is no way to attract the ladies) and once those things change I will move “deeper” into the arte of evocation.[/quote]I think you are caught in the same trap I have been: You are over thinking and making things more complicated than they need to be. I don’t know if you have read any of EA’s books or courses but one of the main things he says in regards to breathing is to let it regulate itself and not try to force the body to breathe in a certain way. It knows what to do, and all you need to do is focus your awareness on your breath. As Lexeldor said above, you are missing the point in asking, ‘how long do I breathe this way?’ The reason the instructions say ‘a while’ is because it is completely personal and subjective. If you are just starting out, it can take upwards of half an hour to get your first change in awareness. As you practice on a regular basis (preferably daily) the amount of time drops, and eventually you will get to the point where it will take only a few moments. Also, the length of time it takes to relax can vary depending on everyday stress. After a bad day, it may take longer than after a good one. The key is diligent practice so when you sit and begin to bring your awareness to your breath, you immediately slip into an altered state.

Some Daoist breathing techniques I found interesting.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P0CWoTYs5NM]Yang Style Taijiquan Principles of Practice - YouTube