Box Of Amulets Found In Pompeii

amulets

Amulets, gems and small objects re-emerge from the excavation of the Regio V. They were related to the female world, used for personal ornamentation or to protect from bad luck. They were found in one of the rooms of the House of the Garden.

… Among the numerous objects found, two mirrors, pieces of necklace, decorative elements made of faïence, bronze, bone and amber, a glass unguentary, phallic amulets, a human figure and various gems (including an amethyst with a female figure and a carnelian with a craftsman figure). In a glass paste is engraved the head of Dionysus, on another a dancing satyr.

Source: http://pompeiisites.org/en/press-releases/the-luck-and-the-protection-against-the-bad-fate-in-the-jewelery-of-regio-v/

10 Likes

The bright side: If they bought them from someone the merchant didn’t have to worry about giving refunds.

2 Likes

I think you lived there yourself in a past life, mate. :thinking:

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They’re all so pretty! OwO

1 Like

The real question is only whether I was the artist or the one who commissioned it :joy:

1 Like

The witch who fails to wear her accessories dies a fiery death… moral of the story

1 Like

Funny, when I first looked at the picture it looked like the floor in my studio\altar room. Lots of bits of things, heads, hands, daggers, bones etc. Although I don’t particularly have all those tiny peni lying around. Maybe it was a part of me i forgot over time to make them. Nonetheless awesome archeological finding :sunglasses:

1 Like