Bound Angels

From what I’ve read, I guess that angels not tied into a major religion, like Christianity, can be bound and used by magicians. Josephine McCarthy writes about it in one of her Magical Knowledge books.

Anyone come across a grimoire dedicated to bound angels? Meaning angels that other magicians have already bound…

To the best of my knowledge I did use a bound angel once with great results… I won’t specify which one. That angel is only used for one purpose, so I’d like to find other bound angels that have different abilities.

1 Like

It is my understanding that any spirit be it angel,demonor elemental can be bound as long as your will is strong enough.
Remember you are the creator of all things because everything in existance is connected.There for there is no difference between different types of spirits.

If you can command it via evocation or sigil majick you can bind it.

1 Like

Why would you want to “bind” an angel anyway? All angels (archangels included) are just clumps of energy with no “free will” in that and they are capable of acting only in a manner that will optimize whatever utility function happens to be in their nature. Performing certain kinds of actions is not a conscious decision for an angelic entity any more than “being wet” is a “decision” for a waterfall.

Angels act in certain ways because it is what they are, and no amount of “binding” can change that. Or, put another way, because “angels” will never act in a manner contrary to “their nature,” they are already “bound.” If you called down an angel of healing, it would invariably heal. If you called down an angel of inspiration, it would inspire. Etc., etc.

What would you possibly achieve by “binding” an entity like that further?

That being said, I don’t know if its possible because I’ve never tried it myself. Why don’t you give it a try and post your results on here? I’d like to see how that goes…

In the week I spent evoking the planetary archangels, Cammael explained to me that the god angels obey is the Inner God of the Magician, that is, if you approach to them that way. Otherwise, your petition is at the will of the universe to be attended or not.

Excercise the god inside.

In the week I spent evoking the planetary archangels, Cammael explained to me that the god angels obey is the Inner God of the Magician, that is, if you approach to them that way.
Excercise the god inside.
[/quote]

Wow, Fantastic! That make"s it easy for me.