Borkor

Live each day like it’s your last. Dance and love and speak your mind. The ghede value the spoils of life, because theirs was cut short. They respect those who do not limit themselves with the fear of death. Connect with your ancestors if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

alright. thank you. is it ok if i message you if i have any other questions?

Im pretty sure the OP is referring to a Rayamiento, which is spanish for scratching, it is the initiation ceremony into Palo Mayombe and it deals with blood letting and scarification at the hands of a priest.

2 Likes

No problem. Always happy to help

Um he should not be making you pay he should be like a father to you

1 Like

If he is charging you money in the sense that he is making you buy and collect your own supplies or paying rent to live in his temple and practice full time then yeah go for it. If he’s asking you to pay cash up front for vague information, while he goes home to his normal job and shower once a day life… he not a real bokor.

3 Likes

A shadow figure of a guy in a top hat and trench coat opened a door in my wall and jumped in my body in my late teens. Is this being scratched?

Yes you’re possibly scratched. You were possessed by the Baron. Or as they say “mounted”.

1 Like

what does this mounting feel like or what exactly is it in voudon

It is full possession. Not like an invocation where you share your body and mind with the entity, but a complete override. Your concious is pushed to the back and you rarely can observe or remember what the spirit does with your body.

1 Like

Can you have these manifested without actually practicing Voodoo? I mean I’ve done my research on it as a whole however I have seen the same things in visions / third eye hallucinations.

1 Like

thats one hell of a good question. and if you can why does a scratch occur?

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what the scratch is all about. The children of the Lwa who aren’t Haitian or have ancestors who didn’t pass down the tradition are tracked down by the dead and marked as a worthy decendant. Then one of the gatekeepers reaches out and becomes your godparent in the way that a mortal teacher would.

2 Likes

ohhhhhhh ok. that makes sense…

Thanks for confirming, I’m going to need to look into this more because I have a scratch on my throat chakra.

I’ve had a psychic literally say she saw shadows leaking out of my chakra and couldn’t tell me why.

I mean like I’ve been attacked in the astral and such but this is different. It’s like a birth mark almost. It doesnt hurt, it doesnt affect me, it’s just there.

I wonder why I got tracked down. Gonna have to do some meditation on this now.

2 Likes

Imagine if an entire generation gave up on voodoo and decided not to teach it to their kids. That doesn’t mean your ancestors are done with your kids. They will find us, and they will contact us however they can.

2 Likes

I should mention I am half Jamaican, could that be why?

1 Like

Yes chances are your ancestors were Bokors or Houngans who didn’t get the chance to pass it on due to the christian whip, and the Lwa need you again.

2 Likes

Ive never been posessed but Ive seen it. Your right a possession by The Lwa Orisha or Muerto Dead person. is a full posession. the person mounted will have no recollection of what was said or what happened when they were mounted. the first few years dealing with possesion when being mounted really sucks. You can see the person trying to gain control of thier bodies. but the more they fight the sicker they become physically. this is just what I know from people in voodoo the lwa can mount you at any time any where. Ive seen The baron mount my grandfathers godfather at palo ceremonies. an Orisha cant mount someone at a palo function just like the muerto cant mount someone at a Ocha or Santeria function. But the lwa can crash any party. LOL . Ive spoken to people that deal with demons and posession they explained it the same way as Bokor Tango. Either way posession doesnt look fun. Sometimes it takes the person days to recover.

2 Likes

so how do you learn to not fight it or is it a natural reaction?

1 Like