Book of Azazel: Forsake All Other Gods?

E.A. Koetting says in the Book of Azazel that in his pact, he stipulated he’d “forsake all other gods, spirits, demons, or other
entities”, and “ally with Azazel alone”.

What I don’t understand is that E.A. does actually work with plenty of other spirits such as Angels such as Raphael. Maybe he meant he sees Azazel as the Ultimate God and only offers HIM worship? What do you think?

Also… A topic I’ve already discussed in this forum but that’s still causing confusion.

Would it make sense for a mage to recite a Psalm from the Bible and say:

“For I know that Yahweh is great;
our Lord is greater than all gods.
Yahweh does whatever He pleases
in heaven and on earth,
in the seas and all the depths.”
[i]http://biblehub.com/hcsb/psalms/135.htm[/i]

And then say:
“Azazel, […] I
covenant to forsake all other gods, spirits, demons, or other
entities, to ally with you alone.”

Or:
“Hail, Satan, […]
God Who invites us to become as gods!
Muse of our civilization,
Dread Enemy of its tyrant god!
Satan, mighty Liberator,
Bearer of true Light!”
[i]http://theisticsatanism.com/invocation.html[/i]

Or:
" In the name of Azazel most holy,
Great Satan, almighty Lucifer!
I hereby command that the spirit of Jehovah
Depart from my mind, my body,
And my soul at once!"?
[i]http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/exorcism.html[/i]

I’m asking this 'cause I know some mages involved in the dark arts do recite Psalms and I’m confused. Also, many manuals of magick have utterances such as “Yod He Vav He”, “Adonai” etc.

I was told the YHVH of magick is not the same as the one mentioned in the Bible, that magick is not religion etc. but it’s still feels paradoxical for a devotee of Azazel or Satan (who forsook Yahweh/Jehovah) to use those names.

Now, from the Lesser Key of Solomon:

[i]"I DO invocate and conjure thee, O Spirit, N. 1; and being with power armed from the SUPREME MAJESTY, I do strongly command thee, by BERALANENSIS, BALDACHIENSIS, PAUMACHIA, and APOLOGIAE SEDES; by the most Powerful Princes, Genii, Liachidæ, and Ministers of the Tartarean Abode; and by the Chief Prince of the Seat of Apologia in the Ninth Legion, I do invoke thee, and by invocating conjure thee.

And being armed with power from the SUPREME MAJESTY, I do strongly command thee, by Him Who spake and it was done, and unto whom all creatures be obedient. Also I, being made after the image of GOD, endued with power from GOD and created according unto His will, do exorcise thee by that most mighty and powerful name of GOD, EL, strong and wonderful;

O thou Spirit N. And I command thee and Him who spake the Word and His FIAT was accomplished, and by all the names of God. Also by the names ADONAI, EL, ELOHIM, ELOHI, EHYEH, ASHER EHYEH, ZABAOTH, ELION, IAH, TETRAGRAMMATON, SHADDAI, LORD GOD MOST HIGH, I do exorcise thee and do powerfully command thee, O thou Spirit N., that thou dost forthwith appear unto me here before this Circle in a fair human shape, without any deformity or tortuosity.

And by this ineffable name, TETRAGRAMMATON IEHOVAH, do I command thee, at the which being heard the elements are overthrown, the air is shaken, the sea runneth back, the fire is quenched, the earth trembleth, and all the hosts of the celestials, terrestrials, and infernals, do tremble together, and are troubled and confounded. Wherefore come thou, O Spirit N., forthwith, and without delay, from any or all parts of the world wherever thou mayest be, and make rational answers unto all things that I shall demand of thee.

Come thou peaceably, visibly, and affably, now, and without delay, manifesting that which I shall desire. For thou art conjured by the name of the LIVING and TRUE GOD, HELIOREN, wherefore fulfil thou my commands, and persist thou therein unto the end, and according unto mine interest, visibly and affably speaking unto me with a voice clear and intelligible without any ambiguity."[/i]

Now, EL is first and foremost a Canaanite God Yahweh (YHVH) was modeled after.

[i]In the Canaanite religion, or Levantine religion as a whole, El or Il was a god also known as the Father of humanity and all creatures, and the husband of the goddess Asherah as recorded in the clay tablets of Ugarit (modern Ra′s Shamrā—Arabic: رأس شمرا‎, Syria).

[…]El is a generic word for god that could be used for any god, including Hadad, Moloch,[21] or Yahweh.[/i]
[i]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)[/i]

Now, this (on Yahweh):
[i]The name may have originated as an epithet of the god El, head of the Bronze Age Canaanite pantheon (“El who is present, who makes himself manifest”), and appears to have been unique to Israel and Judah, although Yahweh may have been worshiped south of the Dead Sea at least three centuries before the emergence of Israel (the Kenite hypothesis).

[…] In the Hebrew Bible, the name is written as יהוה (YHWH), as biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only. The original pronunciation of YHWH was lost many centuries ago, but the available evidence indicates that it was in all likelihood Yahweh, meaning approximately “he causes to be” or “he creates”.

The origins of the god are unclear: an influential suggestion, although not universally accepted, is that the name originally formed part of a title of the Canaanite supreme deity El, el dū yahwī ṣaba’ôt, “El who creates the hosts”, meaning the heavenly army accompanying El as he marched out beside the earthly armies of Israel; the alternative proposal connects it with a place-name south of Canaan mentioned in Egyptian records from the Late Bronze Age.[/i]
[i]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh[/i]

As we can see, the Yahweh (YHVH) also known as El does come from the Canaanite El, the main reason why I don’t understand why would Yahweh (YHVH) be the Supreme God.

An interesting observation:
So we see that the gods El and Yahweh are distinct gods from each other, as distinct as their individual names. Yahweh was worshipped as a war god from the deserts of southern Palestine who migrated north to Judah while El was the god of Israel whose home was Mesopotamia. Historically speaking, the two gods must be regarded as originally distinct that subsequently were related and finally identified through political and religious syncreticism.
[url=http://www.biblicalheritage.org/God/el-goi.htm]http://www.biblicalheritage.org/God/el-goi.htm[/url]

And this:
The Stolen Canaanite Gods of Hebrews/Israelites: El, Baal, Asherah

Anyway…

2 Likes

I’m out of the loop on this one because I never revered those god names, in fact I grew up with a grudge against them.

I’m aware of the argument that they’re vibrational/energetic artefacts and therefore are the paramount vibration of the godhead, but I also reject that because they’re not found globally, and I don’t personally believe any one culture had an exclusive access-all-areas kinda pass to “God.”

But, I really like this:

[quote=“Enlightener_Illuminator, post:1, topic:4076”]" In the name of Azazel most holy,
Great Satan, almighty Lucifer!
I hereby command that the spirit of Jehovah
Depart from my mind, my body,
And my soul at once!"?
[i]http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/exorcism.html[/i][/quote]

I did a reverse baptism on myself earlier this year (I was never baptised, but had to tolerate hymns and prayers at school for years) and it was really powerful, so anyone who actually was baptised/christened might do well to cast that energy out before embarking on a new course.

For the rest, I don’t worship any god more than I “worship” my family, friends, partner, etc., although I have a lot of loyalty, love and trust invested in several of them, so hopefully someone from the traditions that use godnames will be able to shed more light on it. I mainly use my revealed godname for stuff like this, or that of my Personal Daemon, sometimes both: usual apologies for sounding nutso, there, but it actually does work…

1 Like

In regards to Koetting’s work with Azazel he says that this was only for the duration of the pact. If one is in a short term pact as he was it makes sense that he would only focus on this one spirit and not work with any other as it would only serve as a distraction during his work with Azazel.

As far as the reat of your post this stuff is no secret to anyone who’s actually taken a critical or scholarly look at the Abrahamic religions. I honestly don’t see what it has to do with BOA or Koetting’s work.

I personally don’t believe that any thing/spirit that can be named is “All Powerful” (Except Hekate…Ya’ll heathens better recognize lol.)

I think the “Most Powerful” is whatever works the best for you.

As a former Mormon who grew up in a Christian Paradigm, I can tell you that the Christian God does not hold a candle to Hekate. That is because She is the emination of the Source for me. All you got to do is find your “Most High” then who cares what others have done or written about?

I still use psalms and work with Christian Magic, and I view the Abrahamic God as a powerful dude, but as a lower God than Hekate.

Just find out what gels with you and you can answer most of these questions youself, between you and the spirits.

1 Like

I use psalms in my witchcraft, and the Black Man (ie Satan) is my patron in that art. So, even so, psalms can be used outside of the Christian paradigm altogether. Every now and then a word or name may be changed or omitted, but otherwise, the psalms are used unchanged.

But anyway, YHVH isn’t the creator of demons. GOD (the true creator who is unknowable and distant from creation) did. Gods and spirits are intercessors for the supreme God.

If I may chime in. I believe you are confusing a Mage of the Left Hand Path, and a Mages of the Right Hand Path.
Right Hand Path Mages easily use those names, (I am one of them) because, while believing in our own Divine Realisation while here on Earth we accept, in fact do not reject or refuse to be under the One we call the Almighty.
In my Essene creed for example we believe that each Soul is a miniature spark of the Almighty God, and as such we too are gods in miniature, albeit gods with a veil covering their faces, which therefore has to be removed in this lifetime, so that we may assume our godhood while in bodily form, having nobody above us, except God the Mighty One, our Father.
We in the Right hand Path therefore believe we are Princes and Princesses as children og God, and that everything was put under our foot by God the Mighty one. Everything, including all the angels, all good and evil spirits and all demons.
In the Right Hand Path Magic we subdue all those Fallen Ones and treat them as our property. 5Example: the Abramelin ritual to goodhood)
On the Left Hand Path it is different. So no Mage on that Path worthy of that name would really use the many hebraic Divine names you give here, but the Right-hand Path Mage would. But that is only me.
I teach my followers the Divine Realisation doctrine according to the Hebraic way of that Path. Others may have a different opinion of that.

1 Like

If your going to make a pact you have to come to an agreeance on the terms with the spirit.
If you or the spirit feel that you should only work with that one spirit then do so.

I made no agreement like that with Belial although I’ve only worked with one other spirit besides him but there’s nothing in our pact that says I can only work with him.

And on the psalms thing.
I asked Belial to help my majick have some more oomph and other spells I’ve cast have involved me reciting psalms.

Every time I say the word Lord or God in one of the psalms I think of me speaking to my higher self.

But yes it was weird in the beginning being I was raised christian but I found ways around making it feel so weird.

Just do what feels right to you.

MK

1 Like

[quote=“Milla, post:6, topic:4076”]If I may chime in. I believe you are confusing a Mage of the Left Hand Path, and a Mages of the Right Hand Path.
Right Hand Path Mages easily use those names, (I am one of them) because, while believing in our own Divine Realisation while here on Earth we accept, in fact do not reject or refuse to be under the One we call the Almighty.
In my Essene creed for example we believe that each Soul is a miniature spark of the Almighty God, and as such we too are gods in miniature, albeit gods with a veil covering their faces, which therefore has to be removed in this lifetime, so that we may assume our godhood while in bodily form, having nobody above us, except God the Mighty One, our Father.
We in the Right hand Path therefore believe we are Princes and Princesses as children og God, and that everything was put under our foot by God the Mighty one. Everything, including all the angels, all good and evil spirits and all demons.
In the Right Hand Path Magic we subdue all those Fallen Ones and treat them as our property. 5Example: the Abramelin ritual to goodhood)
On the Left Hand Path it is different. So no Mage on that Path worthy of that name would really use the many hebraic Divine names you give here, but the Right-hand Path Mage would. But that is only me.
I teach my followers the Divine Realisation doctrine according to the Hebraic way of that Path. Others may have a different opinion of that.[/quote]

This is more or less in line with my own thinking except that I believe a true practioner of the left will work woth whatever brings results and will overcome any emotional baggage he/she has to a certain word or name. Simply doing magic on a regular basis will show you that what you find in religous texts or even grimoires for that matter is usually a far cry from one’s personal experiences.

2 Likes