Body Health

Its just a simple question. I may 110 pounds or something.

Do I need a better body to invoke magick?

Being in good shape can increase your energy levels dramatically and this can help a lot with any kind of magical work.

Less food=more spiritual energy

Digestion takes a lot of energy and it can make you wanna sleep,feel heavy or even depressed.And this mean less energy for your operation.Of course we’re talking about heavy foods.Some grimoires are pointing to fasting before the magical work for this same reason.
I’m sure that everyone knows that if you eat a brave meal and then go to sleep you have a good 70% to see nightmares.
Heavy foods are slowing down your vibrations and sometimes it can attract astral nasties.Healthy and light foods have the exact opposite effect.

[quote=“dron, post:2, topic:4608”]Being in good shape can increase your energy levels dramatically and this can help a lot with any kind of magical work.

Less food=more spiritual energy

Digestion takes a lot of energy and it can make you wanna sleep,feel heavy or even depressed.And this mean less energy for your operation.Of course we’re talking about heavy foods.[/quote]

Thank you dude. C:

For example.Some drugs are raising your vibrations so much,that you don’t want to eat nothing.Cocaine and heroine are famous for this.Most of the drug addicts are thin.They don’t want to eat,because the drugs boosted them to higher vibrational rates and heavy foods can make them vomit in a second.

The point is to reach these rates without drugs of course…

[quote=“dron, post:4, topic:4608”]For example.Some drugs are raising your vibrations so much,that you don’t want to eat nothing.Cocaine and heroine are famous for this.Most of the drug addicts are thin.They don’t want to eat,because the drugs boosted them to higher vibrational rates and heavy foods can make them vomit in a second.

The point is to reach these rates without drugs of course…[/quote]
I just read inciting tips on getting a job to a question I asked on the Money for I think. Its tge Money Spells thread.

So, I try to eat five times a day is that too much? And I am on Olanzapine. Idefk what its suppose to do so, I’m just taking it because Dr. Simmons (a phcyitrist) says it takes 4-6 weeks for new medication to wirk. (Its a drug medication is a bullshiter’s word) thank you in advance and sorry autocirrect isnt working so the words I can’t spell are.

It does this:

Metabolic

Metabolic side effects have frequently included weight gain. Binge eating and increases in food craving have been associated with olanzapine. Acidosis, cyanosis, increased alkaline phosphatase, bilirubinemia, dehydration, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, hyperuricemia, hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, and hyponatremia have also been reported. Gout, hyperkalemia, hypernatremia, hypoproteinemia, ketosis, and water intoxication have been reported rarely. A large scale clinical trial at clinically relevant doses has reported significant reductions in glucose tolerance during treatment with olanzapine.[Ref]

The results of the large scale clinical trial noted that treatment related changes in glucose tolerance were largely explained by changes in insulin sensitivity.

…and a whole lot of other glorious organ destruction.

[url=http://www.drugs.com/sfx/olanzapine-side-effects.html]http://www.drugs.com/sfx/olanzapine-side-effects.html[/url]

At a glance, it intereferes with your uptake of:

1. Vitamins A, K, D, E, C, Bs, P
  • Salad w/virgin olive oil & sea salt
    • Spinach, carrots, celery, broccoli, radish, red leaf lettuce, bell peppers, BEETS!, tomatoes, corn, etc.
    • Cod liver oil
    • Fruit very rare (too much sugar)
    • Meat: no red or pork unless fermented. Stick with easily digestable chicken, and fish.
  1. Glucose uptake (leads to diabetes)
  • Avoid all forms of processed sugar. Stick with stevia and raw honey, the occassional raw fruit.
  • Avoid grains (gluten) particularly unsprouted wheat.
  1. Mineral uptake
  • Phosphorus, calcium, a lovely bunch more…ye gods and little fishes…

Anywho, it wouldn’t hurt to find out if your shrink has any knowledge of nutrition. Most have had only one overview course in med school. Kinda like hiring a mechanic who has no knowledge of fuels, oils, or electricity and asking what to do now that you have a cracked block. He’ll tell you “it just happens,” replace it, and “keep doing what you’ve been doing.” …Yet, regular oil changes would have done…wonders.

Anywho, the list of side effects would make fantastic lyrics.

Oh my fucking drinkable jizz, friend! All this makes me want to throw the drug away. I was told there weren’t side affects. And Mr. Marlowe is a telepathic and he works in EM, so since I don’t have a tangible contact source with him I’ll gleefully use soul travel. (This is for the lyrics, he’s more skilled in the field like that one death metal band that uses surgeons’ and medical lyrics from text books) yeah as soon as post this I’m tossing the bottle in my trash and taking it outside. I fucking love you!

[quote=“hJo, post:6, topic:4608”]It does this:

Metabolic

Metabolic side effects have frequently included weight gain. Binge eating and increases in food craving have been associated with olanzapine. Acidosis, cyanosis, increased alkaline phosphatase, bilirubinemia, dehydration, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, hyperuricemia, hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, and hyponatremia have also been reported. Gout, hyperkalemia, hypernatremia, hypoproteinemia, ketosis, and water intoxication have been reported rarely. A large scale clinical trial at clinically relevant doses has reported significant reductions in glucose tolerance during treatment with olanzapine.[Ref]

The results of the large scale clinical trial noted that treatment related changes in glucose tolerance were largely explained by changes in insulin sensitivity.

…and a whole lot of other glorious organ destruction.

[url=http://www.drugs.com/sfx/olanzapine-side-effects.html]http://www.drugs.com/sfx/olanzapine-side-effects.html[/url]

At a glance, it intereferes with your uptake of:

1. Vitamins A, K, D, E, C, Bs, P
  • Salad w/virgin olive oil & sea salt
    • Spinach, carrots, celery, broccoli, radish, red leaf lettuce, bell peppers, BEETS!, tomatoes, corn, etc.
    • Cod liver oil
    • Fruit very rare (too much sugar)
    • Meat: no red or pork unless fermented. Stick with easily digestable chicken, and fish.
  1. Glucose uptake (leads to diabetes)
  • Avoid all forms of processed sugar. Stick with stevia and raw honey, the occassional raw fruit.
  • Avoid grains (gluten) particularly unsprouted wheat.
  1. Mineral uptake
  • Phosphorus, calcium, a lovely bunch more…ye gods and little fishes…

Anywho, it wouldn’t hurt to find out if your shrink has any knowledge of nutrition. Most have had only one overview course in med school. Kinda like hiring a mechanic who has no knowledge of fuels, oils, or electricity and asking what to do now that you have a cracked block. He’ll tell you “it just happens,” replace it, and “keep doing what you’ve been doing.” …Yet, regular oil changes would have done…wonders.

Anywho, the list of side effects would make fantastic lyrics.[/quote]

Depending on how long you’ve been on it, it might be best to taper withdrawal. Look up the name + the term “tapering.”

From what you wrote you’ve been on it less than 6 weeks but still, do some reading - the suddent shock to your brain chemistry of abrupt withdrawal can be harmful. Please be safe and do your research.

Wow…

Less food does not mean more energy, and cocaine and heroin don’t raise energy states. For a normal human, consumption of food and sleep is how they aid in replenishment of chi. While it is true that certain foods, say, a greasy burger loaded with preservatives, hormones and filler paste, isn’t going to assist your magickal training, it’s not to be pointed to as a reason to quit eating. Ideally, you want to find your food as close to the source as you can. Eat locally grown plants if tippy can. Same applies to your meat: eat it as close to the kill as possible. Buy from a butcher who kills the chicken or cow out back. Or, kill it yourself. This is the way to eat while minding your chi, not living off sunlight and happiness. Fasting has it’s place, but realistically, until you can logically argue why you’re doing it, you can avoid it.

Drugs… While certain drugs will have their place in a magickal setting, cocaine and heroin as energy raisers is OBVIOUSLY a bad idea. Using cocaine to raise your energy is like setting yourself on fire to light a dark room. As for heroin, opiates have their place, but chasing the dragon is not the form to use. Like, seriously. Don’t start mixing drugs with magick unless you’re educated on the subject, or have an experienced guide, within an appropriate tradition, i.e. shamanism.

As for the drug you’re on, I’m on my phone so I can’t look it up, but I’m sure you’re on it for a good reason. Think long and hard about following advice from strangers on the internet when it comes to something like that. If it’s a mood stabilizer or anti psychotic or something, exploration of altered states of consciousness for magick might be a VERY bad idea. Like, pack up your things and go home, bad. If it’s not, or you insist on being reckless, then I seriously recommend working with Raphael, or another healing entity alongside your drugs to fix your issue.

I’m thinking that since all anti-psychotics have side-effects, and this is well known, the prescribing medic didn’t tell you about them because he wasn’t sure that right now your judgement’s in a place to handle making that cost-benefit analysis. That’s what these guys are paid a small fortune for - making the decisions we (for some reason) can’t make at that time.

I can’t make decisions for shit when I’m really tired because my brain just doesn’t work as well, so I delay them, and it’s the same kind of thing on a different scale - neurochemistry affects every aspect of our thinking and our judgement.

Like I said, if you’re going to come off this stuff (and to be fair a friend of mine has been psychologically maimed by Seroquel and never got any benefit from it, but other people are helped by this stuff, especially if they’re struggling with bad brain chemistry) you need to research how, at the very least.

And look into alleviating any possible side-effects if you stay on it by researching dietary support like hJo posted.

Agree with what Creed said about working with Raphael, you can get into other types of work once your mental chemistry’s in a better place - I say again, we all have times when we’re too tired or whatever to make good judgements and do magick effectively, even grief or a bad shock will do that, and when my dog was sick I couldn’t do magick for shit due to a combo of stress, tiredness… so look after yourself, the spirits aren’t going anywhere! :wink:

Eating wrong food and feeling shit because of that was it because of fatness or anything is obviously bad for everything, because its harder to focus and put your effort into anything cause of that bad state.

I have learned this for the 10 0000 time again when i ate some hot pepperonis and lots of different stuff on the weekend, which followed with terrible pains in my stomach and weird heat all over my body, especially the heat. Quite impossible to do any magical/shamanistic workings in states like that - and what those inflammatory states do to my overall health is probably bad anyways.

We should watch what we eat, but its easier said than done.

Its a matter of re-evaluating priorities with the long-term state in mind. Over and over and over. Habit. Like making the choice to meditate every single day and somehow making it happen.

I’m goddess, therefore, I arrange my life to eat as a goddess. Best quality for me, because I deserve it as the person I love best. So, if I want a large frosted pecan cinnamon roll and an oatmeal stout, I’ll put a bit more thought into it than, “Ooo! YUMMERS!”

I consider where the food came from, every damned aspect: production, manufacturing, transportation, storage, preparation…now, should my divinely superb self consume it? And if I consume it, will my self remain divinely superb? (Nausea, bloating, flatulance potontial…hm…fuck that)

All medications interrupt bodily/mind/emotional patterned processes to a degree because they are used to alter symptoms that negatively impact our immediate function and provide relief. On the related note of trusting an authority apart from you to assist you, it means actually trusting the person; being able to converse and knowing they have geunuine positive regard for you and will assist you.

With meds, I learned after getting seriously burned with my inexplicable chronic illness to trust only myself to do my research and then use the medical community as a sounding board for my Jo-tailored idea. Of course, this was after realizing how impossible it is for a busy practitioner to keep abreast of all current research in all fields.

Everything we allow ouselves to ingest alters us; ideas, emotions, food, drink, music, etc. What we absorb through our filter, will also create our unique filter. Now, that I’ve begun working with demons, I can’t listen to music without being fairly overwhelmed, particularly if its complex. Frequently, I have to shut off the heating system and flourescent lights when I’m tired because all I can hear is this hellish buzzing on conflicting frequencies (can’t unplug the fridge, unfortunately) with my thoughts.

Naturally, its my opinion, and all that, however it strongly appears that spiritual interraction happens via the nervous systems and endocrine system. Electromagnetic charge and hormones. Everything we input subtly or drasticly alters these two systems (and all the other ones). E V E R Y T H I N G ! Drastic alteration like stopping a medication, will have drastic results as your systems try to balance. Its entirely probable this will be horrendously unpleasant since the purpose is to directly affect brain activity (a little different than a headache, here).

Also, the root cause for taking the medication should be pondered. What debilitating issue is it supposed to support? And what other means do you have to obtain the support you need? The reason for looking up a medication is so you can choose how to best help yourself right now…WITH the long-term in mind.

[quote=“Creed, post:9, topic:4608”]Wow…

Less food does not mean more energy, and cocaine and heroin don’t raise energy states.[/quote]
Heroin is an opium drug but it gives you very high levels of energy.So high that you can’t go to sleep and I’m speaking from personal experience on this one.You can also ask others if you want about this topic.

Also i insist that the less food means more energy.i tested on my self and i think this is why some grimoires are pointing to fast before the rituals.

[quote=“dron, post:13, topic:4608”][quote=“Creed, post:9, topic:4608”]Wow…

Less food does not mean more energy, and cocaine and heroin don’t raise energy states.[/quote]
Heroin is an opium drug but it gives you very high levels of energy.So high that you can’t go to sleep and I’m speaking from personal experience on this one.You can also ask others if you want about this topic.

Also i insist that the less food means more energy.i tested on my self and i think this is why some grimoires are pointing to fast before the rituals.[/quote]

Sorry but I gotta put my 2 cents in on this one only because this is my field of study from which I earned my degree in.
So to start off, the human body has 3 things that use the most energy

1. Digestion of food materials
 2. Health, maintenance, and repair of the body
 3. Reproduction

By our evolutionary design and genetics, the human body has grown accustom to being in a state of mild starvation.  This goes back to the whole 'hunter/gatherer' idea some 10,000 to 22,000 years ago.  We'd hunt in communities, bag an animal, skin it and eat it.  Yet since meat has an 'expiration date' (without curing, salting, or refridgeration) humans had a tendency to eat as much as they could during a given moment in time, and they only did this because they weren't sure when they would eat again.  Material research and study by a guy named Ori Hofmekler points to the conclusion that we as a species operate best in a fasted stated during certain time.  (Check out his books on amazon)
 Now, this is not to say that 'less food means more energy' or 'more food means less energy' but rather the right type of foods during certain times when are sympathetic or parasympathetic nervous system is in command of our physiology, can dictate how our body utilized the food resources we have to the greatest degree possible.  
 Now I have to agree with dron on the point that yes, I've modified my eating habits as well where I consume a lesser volume of food, (though quality and calories may be higher than what I normally intake) along with the frequency of my eating and yes, I do have greater energy throughout the day and well into the evening.  Occasionally I will fast on the weekends or prior to a ritual where I need all my faculties.  My spouse on the other hand feels that they need to eat 3 times a day for the fact that they think they are going to 'starve' and she works the same hours as I do and surprizingly, she's always tired, sometimes depressed, and sleeps more hours than I do.  

Ultimately, everyone is different genetically, physiologically, spiritually, and magickally.  But one does have to do a little 'trail-n-error' testing on oneself to see what works best for you.

Delightful insight, waltyrs! :slight_smile:

One of the effects that abstaining from food has is to detoxify the body. This can result it more energy availability temporarily as the digestive system is not loaded. This, however, isn’t “giving” you energy in a sense of adding it to your body. Its reallocating it for a finite amount of time. The same way that nicotine and caffeine don’t “give” you energy. They speed up the heart and constrict blood vessels (dumping water) so, the energy is reallocated. But, to insist that the heart and blood vessels remain in that state…

Repeat fasting, like chronic stress, without nourishing the body, replenishing vital mineral and vitamin stores plus recuperation periods, simply allows gradual organ degeneration. The major organs all play a part in hormone regulation, as well. Also, we rarely even eat organ meats like our predecessors did, which are the best meats for replenishing lost stores rather than muscle flesh.

I like the concept of optimum performance; best fuel, reasonable demands, recovery/rest. For me, this means I do evocation only once a week and I eat bunny food all that day; its super high demand on my body and requires a lot of calories afterward. I load up on cream, eggs, cheese, avocadoes, oils, and cooked dishes. Haven’t ever experienced a crash or depressive time after a ritual (an incredibly big deal for me, as I used to cry every morning at the thought of dragging through another day).

[quote=“waltyrs, post:14, topic:4608”] Now, this is not to say that ‘less food means more energy’ or ‘more food means less energy’ but rather the right type of foods during certain times when are sympathetic or parasympathetic nervous system is in command of our physiology, can dictate how our body utilized the food resources we have to the greatest degree possible.
Now I have to agree with dron on the point that yes, I’ve modified my eating habits as well where I consume a lesser volume of food, (though quality and calories may be higher than what I normally intake) along with the frequency of my eating and yes, I do have greater energy throughout the day and well into the evening. Occasionally I will fast on the weekends or prior to a ritual where I need all my faculties. My spouse on the other hand feels that they need to eat 3 times a day for the fact that they think they are going to ‘starve’ and she works the same hours as I do and surprizingly, she’s always tired, sometimes depressed, and sleeps more hours than I do.

Ultimately, everyone is different genetically, physiologically, spiritually, and magickally.  But one does have to do a little 'trail-n-error' testing on oneself to see what works best for you.[/quote]

BINGO!

For me personally, I find what slows me down the most is processed foods. There is nothing worse for magick than slamming four or five Hot Pockets. At the same time, a rare steak (a big no-no for those magickal vegans!) fires me up for some serious evocation. I tend to try and follow a Paleo diet, as a result of finding what works for me.

To continue with what hJo was saying, a cleansing juice fast will so much to heal your body if done properly, that doctors will marvel at your recovery. Does this mean a lemonade diet should be followed 24/7? No. That’s a quick way to organ failure. But Hell, the world has enough stupid people. Be my guest if that’s what you want to do.

My food after an evocation, by the way, tends to be carby and fatty, like sweet potato fries stir fried with coconut oil, cinnamon and brown sugar. Or, you know, apples and cheese. Depending on how much effort I’m willing to put in. :stuck_out_tongue:

And here’s the “Delicious Sustenance After Evocation” thread…mmm :slight_smile:

http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/post-ritual-sandwich-recipes-(concealment)/msg55982/#msg55982

[quote=“hJo, post:15, topic:4608”]Delightful insight, waltyrs! :slight_smile:

One of the effects that abstaining from food has is to detoxify the body. This can result it more energy availability temporarily as the digestive system is not loaded. This, however, isn’t “giving” you energy in a sense of adding it to your body. Its reallocating it for a finite amount of time. The same way that nicotine and caffeine don’t “give” you energy. They speed up the heart and constrict blood vessels (dumping water) so, the energy is reallocated. But, to insist that the heart and blood vessels remain in that state…

Repeat fasting, like chronic stress, without nourishing the body, replenishing vital mineral and vitamin stores plus recuperation periods, simply allows gradual organ degeneration. The major organs all play a part in hormone regulation, as well. Also, we rarely even eat organ meats like our predecessors did, which are the best meats for replenishing lost stores rather than muscle flesh.

I like the concept of optimum performance; best fuel, reasonable demands, recovery/rest. For me, this means I do evocation only once a week and I eat bunny food all that day; its super high demand on my body and requires a lot of calories afterward. I load up on cream, eggs, cheese, avocadoes, oils, and cooked dishes. Haven’t ever experienced a crash or depressive time after a ritual (an incredibly big deal for me, as I used to cry every morning at the thought of dragging through another day).[/quote]

Preach it brother, preach!!! Ya, we as a species definitely don’t eat enough organ meats as whole, which is where we could get alot of valuable nutrients From and the part you mentioned about allocation and re-allocation of resources within the body….damn, that just gave me a mental hard-on (no homo,…lol). Nutrition in my opinion, plays a big part in one’s practice and may even allow us to function at a level that our ancestral practitioners used to operate at (monks, shamans, witch doctors, etc….)

the form the nutrients come in also plays a part, the human body can’t process a lot of what we eat today efficiently. Daiy and grains are two of the hardest thigns for the body to deal with and in large amounts can mess with body chemistry, also it has been found that fasting one day of the week can help keep your metabolism running at it’ best along with eating foods that the body is actually designed to process and use like meats, nuts, seeds, berries, and fruit, rather than pasta, bread, cereals, and heavily processed foods (we only started eating a large amount of grains because it was cheaper to eat our animal feed than to eat the animals).

[quote=“Weve Killed The gods, post:1, topic:4608”]Its just a simple question. I may 110 pounds or something.

Do I need a better body to invoke magick?[/quote]

not sure why i never commented on this specificly since it’s a misconception that often bugs me. Weight has nothing to do with fitness, in any way. What matters is composition and condition, for example i would be considered morbidly obese if all that was considered was my weight at 260-280 lbs (rough guess based on last time i bothered to weigh myself) when i am only 5 feet 6 inches tall. The fact that i weigh so much and am below average height surely means i’m unhealthy, right? Wrong. Extremely wrong. Couldn’t be more wrong if you tried. A life of physical training dedicated toward being as strong, fast, durable, fficient, agile, and flexible as i can be without any wasted bulk (who wants biceps like bowling balls, cause those are SO practical) has given me very dense muscle, which is very heavy for it’s size. The main point being that fitness and performance can’t be measured by what you look like or how much you weigh but by how you feel and how you function. It’s easily possible to get lighter and less healthy, or heavier and more healthy. A little rambling but the point stands, weight is not a measure of health, it’s a measure of gravity affecting your mass, nothing more nothing less.