BoA ~ way out of league for many of us

At least that’s the feeling I get from reading you guys’ experiences here. IMO it’s no more and no less like an engine that needs a specific amount of electricity to power up.
And, most of the books brought to this world from the nether one DO have this magnetic aura, and can easily cause obsession.

Seems like it is only out of the league if you believe it is

Yeah if you just be respectiful to the demons and be careful of what you ask for you’ll usually be fine.

blush maybe I do need to work more for self-confidence. I’m sorry, I was just projecting my own doubts and insecurity.
Do you really think a noob (like me) could make smth out of this material?

[quote=“777C, post:4, topic:580”]blush maybe I do need to work more for self-confidence. I’m sorry, I was just projecting my own doubts and insecurity.
Do you really think a noob (like me) could make smth out of this material?[/quote]

Yes, remember you are a living god whether you realise this or not :slight_smile:

I started reading it today, it is fine you know…
If you read other occult fonts and etc its normal of they put some fears inside your head. You just respect the system, pratice it and never go full retard and it should be fine, it should be natural for all of us, we use it and we take the benefits we can and we learn what we can, ascending like living gods, going through paths, getting more power, knowledge, etc…

I suppose…
But some prior training of the astral senses wouldn’t hurt :slight_smile:

Btw Eric’s books came across to me as extremely witty, I’m sure there are many things embedded that need time and practice to decipher, plus, you need to raise at the simmilar level as the author had when the epiphany that started the venture happened in the first place, it would make sense as pathworking wouldn’t you think so?

“never go full retard” is some of the best advice one can give to an aspiring magician. with some things, full retard is fine but at the very least, we’re dealing with psychological archetypes, if not fully-fledged spiritual entities.

and if there’s stuff in EA’s writings which need to be deciphered, you’re probably looking too hard. personally, i don’t think anything’s out of my league, but i’m self-aware enough to know when i’m not ready to explore a new place or experience. that doesn’t mean i don’t try… i just take it slow and watch my step.

kind regards, james.

[quote=“777C, post:7, topic:580”]I suppose…
But some prior training of the astral senses wouldn’t hurt :slight_smile:

Btw Eric’s books came across to me as extremely witty, I’m sure there are many things embedded that need time and practice to decipher, plus, you need to raise at the simmilar level as the author had when the epiphany that started the venture happened in the first place, it would make sense as pathworking wouldn’t you think so?[/quote]

Yep that’s what i saw, what seens to be easy for him, it is easy because he went throught many experiences, so its fine for him haha
In his omniscience program it looks all easy, for me… im having a hard time with the basics even.

thanks james,
in olden times there was a real problem of people blowing themselves up with magic (because they thought ‘too much’ about it, and did the proper preparations), the only real danger nowadays is that the thing woudn’t budge…
IMO, this is because people are putting less and less into it, expecting more and more…

Divinator,
I see what you mean, my senses pick up interesting deeper vibes from his work, I don’t have the BoA yet ~ in the author’s own words it’s his chief oevre, something put together as a result of much work and understanding. By far one of the most intriguing authors I’ve come across :slight_smile:

[quote=“777C, post:10, topic:580”]thanks james,
in olden times there was a real problem of people blowing themselves up with magic (because they thought ‘too much’ about it, and did the proper preparations), the only real danger nowadays is that the thing woudn’t budge…
IMO, this is because people are putting less and less into it, expecting more and more…

Divinator,
I see what you mean, my senses pick up interesting deeper vibes from his work, I don’t have the BoA yet ~ in the author’s own words it’s his chief oevre, something put together as a result of much work and understanding. By far one of the most intriguing authors I’ve come across :)[/quote]

Yep, but much stuff is not necessary, but they help getting into the ritual, trance, etc… all that symbolism and rituals made me get into trance…sure trance in a try of evocation, i could even see the energy pentagrams being tracing with my dagger and the hexagrams, and it did work i felt the spirit, but i didnt get Eric’s tips from the omniscience program and i couldnt not scry, but lol…the mirror on the triangle was not just a mirror, it was like a well. But i didnt have the tips that time, it was 2 months ago
I got some results i wished, but it was weak, weak!

well a great way to start is to throw out any concept of time when you’re in ritual. don’t “set aside” an hour for it. that’s ridiculous. be prepared for it to take the entire weekend with no bathroom breaks. if your subconscious knows you’ve got limits imposed, it won’t cooperate. as with so many things in magic, you only find what you’re looking for when you stop looking and give up any hope of ever attaining it.

777C,
i only put in as much as i think i will get out. magic, like any science (speaking loosely), is a system which works on input/output. we are ourselves the greatest danger to our work. at worst, if we are “bad” at magic, it just won’t work. it’s like riding a bicycle. the worst that will happen is that you fall over before you go fast enough to hurt yourself. the concern is when we are actually good enough at what we do that there exists the possibility of serious damage. to get there, however, you gotta get good at what you do:)

although nothing can substitute for practical experience, i believe it’s unrealistic to expect those new to magic (or an unfamiliar magical system) to just practise until mistakes are made in order to learn the ropes. i’ve found a good deal of benefit in employing a working theological model (either religious or otherwise) which can be used to adequately explain the universe to you, including the spiritual. it doesn’t have to be “right”… it just has to make sense to you. then, fill in the gaps with philosophy (hermetic and rosaecrucian philosophy is great for establishing mental boundaries you can consciously choose to cross or not cross when using magic). this provides a moral framework and allows you to challenge your own limitations without having to actually play with magic.

then get into the ritual chamber and work within the parameters you’ve established. if all goes well, expand them a bit, and repeat. if not, maybe start smaller and in line with the philosophical principles you resonate with the best. probe a little at a time until you can at least intuitively feel the dynamic of push/pull with the universe. to generalise broadly, those who find themselves needing restriction within their philosophy may be said to be right-hand, and those who are unrestricted or who do not follow a theology/philosophy may be said to be left-hand.

i won’t dictate what anyone should do, nor will i go into detail about the middle path etc (as crowley covered that very well). the important thing at the end of the day, though, is to find what you should do based on your own experience and belief system(s). starting “small” may be something simple like daemonic sigil charging (i mention this as you initially posted regarding the BoA) with the intent of acquiring information or a creative muse. generally “harmless” when compared to magical assassination etc, but tangible enough to be repeated and measured to some degree.

best of luck.

-james
p.s, my rituals are rarely less than three hours long, so get comfy and get into it:)

[quote=“777C, post:10, topic:580”]thanks james,

Divinator,
I see what you mean, my senses pick up interesting deeper vibes from his work, I don’t have the BoA yet ~ in the author’s own words it’s his chief oevre, something put together as a result of much work and understanding. By far one of the most intriguing authors I’ve come across :)[/quote]

Unlike them, we’ve been raised since birth to disbelieve in ‘superstition’.

Years of deprogramming myself because of this one element

I hear you guys… superstition, eh?
I still believe that calling those entities demons / angels is part of that superstition, also it gives off unnecessary overly positive overly negative vibes.

James, interesting thoughts, and nice level headed advice there,
but would you think your idea would apply to someone that prior to starting in magic had a decade of serious energetic practice background? Would the idea of ‘not strong enough to work’ apply in this case also? I have had some close encounters even before doing anything, just by reading and becoming aware.

I think the practitioner needs to judge their own skill, years of work in one individual doesn’t translate to the same amount of years in another individual.

The positive and negative vibes aren’t necessarily a bad thing. It is often said that magick is both an art and a science and I tend to lean heavily on the art side rather than science. Having seen through duality I now actively embrace it to make things more interesting.

:slight_smile: yes, that’s what I intend to do too

[quote=“777C, post:15, topic:580”]I hear you guys… superstition, eh?
I still believe that calling those entities demons / angels is part of that superstition, also it gives off unnecessary overly positive overly negative vibes.[/quote]

Well yeah that’s something I agree with, I just call them stuff like demons, angels, gods, etc because it simplfys things. Also it sounds pretty badass to say you hang out with demons or whatever.

howdy.

777C,
i think good advice of any sort is applicable to anybody, at any level of skill. perhaps moreso to some than others, but good advice never becomes redundant. the more experienced we are, the more significant the most simple pieces of advice become, so long as they are fundamentally correct to begin with. the motto of my university is Ancora Imparo - I am still learning. the further you go with anything, the more and more you come to rely on the fundamentals.

positive and negative are simply convenient terms. they are also judgement-based, which makes their use a little misleading at times. they’re quite convenient, but it’s more accurate to say that angels vibrate at a higher frequency and that demons vibrate at a lower rate (to generalise). the universe is holistic and doesn’t distinguish between any two things, irrespective of how “far apart” they may seem to us mere mortals. that’s one of the fallacies of the physical plane (i.e, the existence of true opposites).

ultimately, magic is a natural system. it interplays with existence just as physics and chemistry do, but obviously in a different way. some people would argue that it doesn’t exist because it is intangible, but so is gravity, electromagnetism and space/time. even newton admitted that he did not know how gravity worked (and we still don’t, really), although he knew very well how to predict its effect. to that end, magic must be “scientific” in so far as it responds to input/output (i.e, that’s it’s not wholly mystical and unpredictable, or supernatural as people seem to want to call it).

and yes, it’s use on the human level is definitely artistry. however, medicine is also said to be both an art and a science. the science will always exist whether or not you know about it (i.e, bacterial infection, pharmacology, the need for oxygen to survive etc) but the art comes in when we try to manipulate that science. for example, knowing which antibiotic to use or how to diagnose a diseased organ with an external bodily examination (i.e, heart sounds or lung changes). one day (and this is supposition), when we are able to build machines that can alter what we now consider to be magical currents, there will be less art and more science. this is akin to having an x-ray machine or an ECG (let alone the computer revolution) which allow us to not only automate, but to quantify certain relevant things. chaos magic is breaking into this field with sigil algorithms which run like a computer program, but there’s a long way to go and not a whole lot of interest in the research. nonetheless, modern deconstruction of persistent superstitions is an excellent way of breaking a magical system or tradition down to its core in order to find out what is actually required, and how (in at least the most general terms) it functions.

kind regards, james.

Now… THAT, that is what I like!
There are people that want that because they’re practical types, and moreover there are those that seek it because you don’t need to be bothered with too many theoretical details. I’m sure you’re not in the latter group, you like to write alot, you surely seem to know alot, I wonder if you yourself are a writer.

Eric’s book attracted me mainly because of that, he said somewhere that magic is a system, much like a car, you need to have all the pieces together, and with a twist of the key, start it and go on your road.

I’m in my thirties now, I worked hard to get where I am, yet by no means am I satisfied with my life; it seems I can’t fit into all these rules of society, I don’t understand them ~ I EXPECT I would, because I want to, but I don’t. I question everything, and only take it to heart if it’s reasonable and useful. So, I really have little choice: I need to make this world MINE, to make it roll the way I want it to. I’m a decent person, don’t have many ambitions, fears or grudges, I won’t turn into a tyrant, but I’m tired to listen to everyone else, mainly because they make little sense to me.

That’s why I’m here. ‘Becoming a living god’, well, this idea may mean alot of different things to different people, to me it means knowing who I am. I think Eric’s idea is, no matter if you use it for good or for evil, leaving your rightful heritage to rot into oblivion is such a waste of potential and magic. And as he says, once you can do pretty much everything you want, you suddlently relax and start to enjoy life, with it’s little everyday joys. People are not bad because they are born like that, they become bad because they are led to become powerless and ignorant.

That doesn’t mean that once you’re powerful and knowledgeable you necessarely become good… You just become who you are, and at peace with the Universe, because it’s YOUR expression.

When I asked about BoA, I looked at it in the same terms Eric spoke about it, his ultimate revelation, a fruit of a long journey in magic. If magic is as he says, just a system, could you use it with the same ease you use for instance a laptop, without knowing how it really operates?

IME, you need to make a system YOUR expression, a part of your psyche, if you want to work with it - it’s not outside of you, but is a modus operandi of yourself as a being.