BMOA New Edition

Can anyone tell me, preferably in detail, what are the differences - if any - between the new edition of the Black Magick of Ahriman, and the original, sold out edition?

I would help if you linked the editions to be sure, but from my physical original copy vs the table of contents I see on Amazon, I see two differences:

1. The Amazon book has an extra chapter subsection called “The 101 Names of Angra Mainyu” in the chapter “The Temple of Blacked Fire”.
    and
  2. My copy has a chapter missing form the Amazon version:

Oh and, in the original the chapters are not numbered.

Otherwise they are the same.

1 Like

I left it too late to get the original edition, but I didn’t get the new edition yet. It doesn’t seem like there are any major differences, then. As log as the new one is not missing anything that would get me into trouble with the spirits, I’m happy enough.

1 Like

Yes, the missing table of herbal correspondences is only like, 2 pages long, and it might still be there and just not called out as a chapter, so it doesn’t show up in the contents list any more.
I think you’re good :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

This reminds me of what they do with college textbooks. Every year the publisher will make one small alteration, like adding an extra paragraph somewhere, or an index or diagram, and then re-release it as a “new” edition." Of course, then the school will tell students they have to buy this new edition for their course for $600, even though last year’s edition is the exact same book and is a third of the cost lol

3 Likes

My divination is encouraging it too.