Bloodlust

Something I thought I’d share is there were African women dressed in white in a vision the same night baptizing me.

I´m guessing it´s some sort of initiation through Papa legba, he is able to do that to anybody really

No you call through elegua which is the gate keeper in Yoruba traditions. Although in New Orleans voodoo legba and eleggua are sincretized. Denise Alvarado’s books specially serving the Orishas one is very helpful. Don’t buy the voodoo course she sells is overpriced with little information. I wasted my money.

2 Likes

That’s crowning your saint or mayor Santeria initiation. You might be being called to Santeria or osha through shango. He loves the Laidies. It wasn’t a baptism but a cleansing of the head reading it for your Orisha.

1 Like

I’m male but something is clearly talking to me. ive had several say I’m connected to these traditions.

So, what is eleguas veve?I tried look for it but legbas veve is tne only result

I have to admit. By the title, I was expecting a much different thread. Lol

Orishas do with out a doubt communicate to individuals through dreams. I have had and continue to have dreams delivered by Orisha. If you had this dream and have had confirmations from other that it is in fact a part of your path, then the roads will open up to you.
Many of the traditions carry with in them a theme of call and response. This call and response is mainly a part of the musical invocation of spirit through drums (the talking dead) but this theme of call and response echoes into the mundane world. Many who are called are old souls, listen to your environment, if you hear the call give it the appropriate response. Sometimes its hard to know what the appropriate response is, as Yoruba faith is filled with taboos.
I don’t really know how this faith works(aside from Ashé), but I know it does. I think any Santero or Santera would tell you the same thing. Part of the call from your environment maybe Elegua placing Olorishas on your path, in which you will be able to Identify them by ildé (bracelets) and Eleke (necklaces).

Orishas have no Veves. There are a few spiritual practices out of Brazil that use a set symbols for Orixa, but given the preservation of the tradition this practice is less common.

3 Likes

I was talking about that with @Lady_Eva, the old soul part specifically

Velotak said this would be important

1 Like

so if the orishas are different from the loa, how come they seem so similar?

1 Like

They come from different tribal origins. Orisha are a purely Yoruban spiritual construct. The Loa or Lwa are sets of diefied ancestors from different nations. All Orishas are old world spirits that live in the new world, given the different natures and the history of Vodoun in juxtaposition to Ifé, there are spirits of both the old world and the new world included in the nations of Loa. The differences are in oral history as well as practice.

1 Like

Elegua comes from a different tradition than voodoo this have no veve. You have to receive it from an initiate or make a spiritual non initiated version. Here is a way to work with him.

They are both of African decent but from different parts of Africa. The Orisha is from Yoruba this book have great information to help you in your learning. https://www.amazon.com/Osha-Yoruba-Lucumi-Santeria-Initiation-Ceremonies-Divination/dp/1890157228
Also this one https://www.amazon.com/Serving-African-Powers-Voodoos-Applied/dp/1442119276
They are of great help and then what where the spirits guides you to do.

1 Like

Thanks

Sorry I assumed.

1 Like