Black Magician Start Up Kit

I’m ready to jump into this and make contact with a demon. “Power likes to act” as EA says.

However, I don’t really know what I need to start. There’s the circle mat that EA sells. I read about the triangle of manifestation. Candles, incense, and altar all kinds of stuff.

None of this really means anything though if I can’t enter the different states of trance to access these demons. Achieving Theta brainwaves, learning to use astral senses. Seems like I have so much to learn before I purchase anything.

I want to make contact with a demon, but I don’t think I’m anywhere close mentally to being able to. Either I haven’t drank enough of the Kool-Aid to buy into the existence of one or I need to buy more stuff from EA to get him to send me one.

Where do I start? Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

1 Like

[quote=“KenTabor, post:1, topic:3980”]Either I haven’t drank enough of the Kool-Aid to buy into the existence of one or I need to buy more stuff from EA to get him to send me one.

Where do I start? Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.[/quote]
Eh, nonsense! :wink: Seriously, try reading this newsletter, which describes the theta-gamma synch state (and how to attain it): http://www.becomealivinggod.com/newsletter/the-irreplaceable-value-of-ecstasy-in-evocation.html

Then have a skim through the rest of the archives: www.becomealivinggod.com/newsletter/

That’s a start and doesn’t require anything more than an open mind - then. if you like that, and find it useful, maybe discover than some of the techniques work and so on, it’s completely up to you whether you want to buy anything or not, y’know?

Hey kentabor follows Lady Eva’s advice and also obtain Become a Living God book, its a great introduction to magick.

My only magick tools are divinatory ones (cards, pendulum), Incense (so the CO2 devil manifests >:) nag chanpa, from goloka), white candles (to have dim light in rituals) and thats all

You can start with and even with less

Shit, I don’t even use that much.
I’ll rarely light some incense or a candle, otherwise I’ll just imagine that the other props are there. Really all the props are (in my experience) are just to get you in a certain mindset and things to focus on so you don’t over think the process

If you’re just starting out I really don’t reccomend leaving a bunch of stuff out. There are certain things that have been in use for a very long time, if they had been useless they’d have been discarded long ago.

For starting out I’d recommend
-Two forms of divination, one for yes/no one for additional insight
-A scrying device, black mirror, crystal ball, black bowl of water
-Candles, they’re for more than just ambience. Fire is a gateway and can be used to both amplify intention and help one drop into trance.

Circles, chalices and athames are usuable but more in a ritualistic format and don’t have much magical use outside of being representations of elemental forces imo.

Other than that focus more on building real relationships with the spirits you work with instead of picking some demon of the week to get something done for you.

[quote="-TWF-, post:5, topic:3980"]For starting out I’d recommend
-Candles, they’re for more than just ambience. Fire is a gateway and can be used to both amplify intention and help one drop into trance.

Circles, chalices and athames are usuable but more in a ritualistic format and don’t have much magical use outside of being representations of elemental forces imo.

Other than that focus more on building real relationships with the spirits you work with instead of picking some demon of the week to get something done for you.[/quote]

I’ve been trying to get my act together and start gather things to get serious about this.

-Candles

Once I pick a spirit to work with if they have a color associated with them I’ll get some in that color.

-Incense

If I can find a specific scent that a grimoire recommends then I’ll get that. I can crush it up in a black bowl I have and it will burn that way.

-Sigil

Same thing here based on the spirit I decide to work with I’ll write that out. I don’t really know what to do other than just print it out on some paper.

• Which Demon to pick!?

Any recommendation on a grimoire with a list of demons in it? I mean I can search Google, but didn’t know if there was already a reliable source. Preferably one with a lot of information on well known demons. My plan is to find one that’s has an office appropriate to my goal and just go with what my gut tells me.

-Questions-

1. I think I can go buy a big black bowl and fill it with water, but I wouldn’t know how to use it. Any advice or resources for this?

2. Having something to be able to signal yes and no would be amazing. I’m on a low budget here so what would you recommend?

3. My living room is empty. I don’t have any furniture so it’s prime for a place to meditate in. EA talks about his circle being 6 feet and the triangle of manifestation measurements in his “calling upon hell” book. Can I just draw that on the floor with some chalk? I don’t have any materials to build something and his circle mat is like $300. Ideas there?

4. When I have all this stuff going, incense, candles, black bowl of water etc. how will I know what to look at or pay attention too. Concentrating hard enough to get into theta brainwaves I might miss something. How do I know when to open my eyes and look for signs?

5. I’m going to have to read the evocation as I don’t have the process or steps memorized for my first time. I don’t think this is a problem as EA talk about his book being on the altar. Thoughts on this?

6. EA says when you do an evocation the demon ALWAYS shows up. It’s just a matter of if you can communicate with it or not. When I dismiss it to go do what I said how do I know it won’t linger? I need stuff to get done. Not this poltergeist shit around my house. Do work! LOL!

1. You relax, enter theta gamma state (or deep trance) and quietly fix your gaze on the blackness of the bowl filled with water while centering your thoughts on some subject, be it people, be it places, be wathever you like (you do this till you some flash enters into your mind). You’re not gonna see anything on the bowl, fixing your gaze upon it will let your mind concentrate on centering on the subject you have at mind

2. you can use a coin, a pendulun, a software on your mobile, the choice if yours. Whats more important is not asking once, and then again, and again, and again. You just enter theta gamma, ask, note it, and forget it or you’ll get mixed results

3. I’d use a chair and a table (that’s what I use), or an altar instead

4. After performing some rituals you’ll learn the steps are always the same. 1) relaxation 2) banishing or energization 3) invocation 4) thanking (offering or just saying: thanks) 5) banishing or closing (so you go back to everyday life) 6) noting your results on your “magickal diary” or “magickal notebook” or “book of shadows”. You know, the book where you write your experiences on rituals and things happening on your daily life after doing the ritual (for example, I’ve cursed my enemy and he just broke his leg this very day!)

To get a feeling of rituals I recommend you using New Avatar Power we have use it a lot on the forums, it’s very popular and not much demanding

[quote=“KenTabor, post:6, topic:3980”][quote="-TWF-, post:5, topic:3980"]For starting out I’d recommend

Other than that focus more on building real relationships with the spirits you work with instead of picking some demon of the week to get something done for you.[/quote]

I’ve been trying to get my act together and start gather things to get serious about this.

-Candles

Once I pick a spirit to work with if they have a color associated with them I’ll get some in that color.

-Incense

If I can find a specific scent that a grimoire recommends then I’ll get that. I can crush it up in a black bowl I have and it will burn that way.

-Sigil

Same thing here based on the spirit I decide to work with I’ll write that out. I don’t really know what to do other than just print it out on some paper.

• Which Demon to pick!?

Any recommendation on a grimoire with a list of demons in it? I mean I can search Google, but didn’t know if there was already a reliable source. Preferably one with a lot of information on well known demons. My plan is to find one that’s has an office appropriate to my goal and just go with what my gut tells me.

-Questions-

1. I think I can go buy a big black bowl and fill it with water, but I wouldn’t know how to use it. Any advice or resources for this?

2. Having something to be able to signal yes and no would be amazing. I’m on a low budget here so what would you recommend?

3. My living room is empty. I don’t have any furniture so it’s prime for a place to meditate in. EA talks about his circle being 6 feet and the triangle of manifestation measurements in his “calling upon hell” book. Can I just draw that on the floor with some chalk? I don’t have any materials to build something and his circle mat is like $300. Ideas there?

4. When I have all this stuff going, incense, candles, black bowl of water etc. how will I know what to look at or pay attention too. Concentrating hard enough to get into theta brainwaves I might miss something. How do I know when to open my eyes and look for signs?

5. I’m going to have to read the evocation as I don’t have the process or steps memorized for my first time. I don’t think this is a problem as EA talk about his book being on the altar. Thoughts on this?

6. EA says when you do an evocation the demon ALWAYS shows up. It’s just a matter of if you can communicate with it or not. When I dismiss it to go do what I said how do I know it won’t linger? I need stuff to get done. Not this poltergeist shit around my house. Do work! LOL![/quote]

Candles
You can do that but it’s not necessary. If your just going to use them for ritual lights buy the glass 7 day candles, you can get a case for about $50. That will give you a years worth of candles as you won’t be burning them down in one sitting.

If you’re going to be doing candle magic I suggest free standing candles, some place like Michael’s or Hobby Lobby should have any color you want year round.

Incense
You can buy a 1lbs bag of copal for cheap and it will last forever, you’ll need an incense burner meant for charcoal (swiftlite). Some go to incense is
Frankincense
Copal
Dragons Blood

Sigil
Print it out and then trace over it with a marker or pen, if you use oils you can dress the sigil in an oil appropriate for the task you’re doing sigil magic for or a complimentary oil to the spirit.

Spirit
If your going to be using Koetting’s system I’d reccomend his spirits first Kingdom of Flam/Book of Azazel. Don’t tackle Goetia until you know what you’re doing. You have to find a spiritnthat calls to you not whatothers think would be good.

Buy the Works of Darkness ebook. It will answer most of your questions and is a solid starter guide to doing this kind of magic. It will answer most of your questions and give you a good foundation.

The bowl of water is used just like a scrying mirror only it won’t cost $40 lol.

As far as the divination you can use a pendulum, a tarot deck that answers yes/no (Quest Tarot), there are many binary systems that can do this for you. Personally I do not go into trance for divination, never found it necessary. Just ask the question and go blank while performing the divination, you do not want your subconscious influencing the answer.

You can make a circle on a sheet and use that. You can make a nice one for less than $25. This took about 2 weeks to do in my spare time.

I’m in a similar situation, and I have the added frustration of moving to an apartment, so I’m afraid to use candles, because if there’s a fire, it could affect more than just my apartment. And I’m not sure if the company that owns the apartment would be too crazy about me doing evocation magick in my apartment, and I’m not sure if I could find a good spot outside to do it either, since it’s all common grounds for all tenants, so there’s a chance of my stuff being disturbed.

I think it’s great that you’re actually taking a responsible approach to this and when in doubt, leave it out - you could maybe consecrate a crystal of some kind by doing a one-off ritual where you use a candle in a safe location to consecrate it for Fire, and then use that in future?

I did wonder, can you get what we in England call nightlights, tealights, or votive candles - round disk-shaped candles that stand less than an inch high and come in fireproof little aluminium cups?

They’re still an open flame but they’re supposed self-extinguish if they’re tipped over (note that I haven’t actually tried this, but the wax in the cup liquifies faster than a candle so should drown the wick), and in the UK at least you can find them in black, reds, all kinds of colours.

Ikea do them in white, they’re called Glimma and might be available in lots of places, dunno - you can carve stuff round the wick of an unused tealight like the letters on a coin, and fill it with blood or black ink, or use a small tealight holder that has a sigil painted on the outside, or have a mini lantern-style holder for them that has baneful or whatever kinds of symbols, Runes, etc… loads of options.

I’m not a fire safety expert though so this is just an idea for you to do research on, but yeah, good call not just thinking “Imma burn shit and da spirits LURVE me” or something! :wink:

I highly suggest that just relying on Koetting. Get to know different authors and find what is good and bad I each of their works.
Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson is a good book. The Complete Book of Demonolatry and the Daemonolater’s guide to Daemonic Magick are birth excellent introductions to demonic workings.
I also highly suggest nit jumping around demon to demon, but trying to find the demon that resonates with you and wants to help you. In Demonolatry, they’ve the patron demon. Otherwise known as the guardian demon.

You should get white candles. They can be used in ANY work because white contains all colors. All spirits will accept them. For devotional purposes, I recommend those tealight candles that come in tins. I get a 50 pack from Wal-Mart for $2.50. For spellwork, the six inch candles are good. A very good introduction to candle magic is Raymond Buckland’s Practical Candle burning Rituals. It covers both Baneful and good rituals, both with psalms and without.
Frankincense is good for all spirits.
Also, of you’re going to take on a spirit, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH IT. I highly recommend an ancestor altar to train yourself to hear the spirits before trying to cask on a demon and Bullshit around it. If you simply sit down and listen, your hearing should begin to open. Don’t expect results very quickly. It can take one time or a million. But the ability to communicate must be achieved. Apply a yes no Oracle after sessions with the ancestors to see how much you got right or wrong.
Any altar you make to a spirit must be fed regularly. On a weekly basis at least. Whatever you offer, Keep it consistent and simple. Don’t make a feast for them if you can’t do that every week.

Very good advice from Euoi, to that I’d add one thing about offerings.

If you’re offerings are part of a transaction basis ‘I give x offerings, you provide y results’ do not be afraid to withhold offerings if the spirit is not performing. Some can become lazy and will not work as long as they’re getting what they want for free. First talk to the spirit and let it know YOU KNOW it’s not living up to it’s end of the deal, tell the spirit you will begin cutting back on the offerings, if you get no change skip a week or two and see if things do not change. If they change for the better then you make the offerings as agreed upon. Use common sense here, sometimes things take time to move or manifest and a bit of faith in your spirits is in order.

Keep in mind you are not the spirits boss or master, this is a relationship not a hierarchy, remember that you needed or wanted that spirit to help you with something so show respect and be appreciative.

As far as other authors Euoi didn’t mention.
Jason Miller
Brother Moloch
Rufus Opus
Lon Milo Duquette

Exactly. Don’t let your spirits be fat! Work them ! Give them something to do. Whether they’re teaching you, doing workings, protecting, etc. Some of my spirits have gotten restless and insisted I use them because they were tired of sitting on their asses.

What would be something that I could offer a demon?

I heard EA talking about providing a base of social media for them. That demons think in terms or Eons instead of years. I also read they normally don’t want food or drink etc. Plus as if they could actually eat or drink it.

Ideas about what to offer? Resources to read?

I feed my demons with water, candle, cigar, and whiskey. They love it.

Offer an incense you like, or announce in the forums his greatness or if you do some ritual to awake energy (like middle pillar) visualize that energy going to the spirit and energizing him. Donald Michael Kraig on Modern Magick talks about the subject in its last lessons, if I remember well

The only correction I can make is that you should offer incense THE SPIRIT likes. If you don’t it, leave the room.
But what ever you are doing, if you are doing it on a regular basis, make the offerings simple abd affordable.

[quote=“Euoi, post:17, topic:3980”]The only correction I can make is that you should offer incense THE SPIRIT likes. If you don’t it, leave the room.
But what ever you are doing, if you are doing it on a regular basis, make the offerings simple abd affordable.[/quote]

What if there is not enough information on the spirit to find out what they like? You won’t know until they actually make contact with you.

Is there a “catch-all” or do you just pick what you think would be best?

Most, if not all spirits, have such information readily available. But frankincense is accepted by most spirits.

Damn, Son of a…I saw that in the store and didn’t buy it because I thought mine was cooler / smelled better. Ladilok may like my incense though, we’ll see when / if she tells me.