Black Magic on abstract

Is it possible without harm to use black magic upon abstract concepts. If for example one wanted to gain courage, then one would use black magic upon their cowardice, binding or utterly destroying it. Expanding this would be using black magic on things like wealth disparity and spiritual ignorence.

In essence declaring not a person, but an idea as your enemy.

[quote=“nero, post:1, topic:4442”]Is it possible without harm to use black magic upon abstract concepts. If for example one wanted to gain courage, then one would use black magic upon their cowardice, binding or utterly destroying it. Expanding this would be using black magic on things like wealth disparity and spiritual ignorence.

In essence declaring not a person, but an idea as your enemy.[/quote]

To start with, yes. You can use baneful magick on aspects of personality, ideas, entire religions, corporations, etc. As you said, its a bit more abstract, but the same principles apply.

BLACK magick relates more to a philosophy than to curses, though. Black magick has more to do with the deification of the Self, as opposed to worship of another being.

This brings to mind a certain ‘War on Terror’ that has been quite successful at creating …more terror.

Attacking your cowardice, rather than bolstering your courage.

This seems odd given that courage is proceeding to a goal despite the fear. It seems more logical to increase mental/emotional/spiritual strength. Or increase wealth, knowledge, etc.

If you bind and destroy cowardice, are you assuming that what is left will be courage? It reminds me of a strictly anti-biotic (anti-life) approach to healing: kill everything to hopefully get rid of the bad (undesired). …while completely ignoring the good (desired). So, the desired isn’t nurtured and the only growth that occurs is the undesired because that is where your focus and passion (your love) are. As your personal war continues, where will you gain stamina? Would attacking your cowardice be the same as trying to destroy a hated part of yourself? So, in effect, you want to use black magic against perceived personality flaws that exist only as your perception of self in the abstract? Anyone can behave in a cowardly or brave manner in any situation. It seems as though you would have to assume that cowardice is a part of you, so you would be also loathing yourself.

…at least that’s the way it looks to someone who went through a ten year depression and spent it attacking herself and going a bit looney in the process. Focussing on only flaws allowed me to see only flaws.

I did something like this two times. And I found it very effective but with some side effects both times.

Once, the problem for me was that I felt I was distracted by a growing obsession with a girl. I bound my compassion and caring with an onyx ring, so that when I wore it I would not express any of those qualities.

Well it worked quite well and I was able to go for several months without any distractions. Eventually I fell ill though. During this experiment I discovered how broadly those aspects of personality (love, caring, etc.) weave through life. They are almost necessary to have when dealing with family, friends, and general everyday situations.

It was a great learning experiment.

I did another one similar where I bound fear into an astral crystal in my aura. It worked great, however it was a form of suppression. It was useful for several years until discharging it. Effects I noticed in particular were where people did not seem to notice me then frequently they would start in fear after suddenly noticing me. A few times people even physically jumped back and vocalized something like ‘Ahh!’

I was also doing other invisibility practices at the time, so I assume there was some overlap and synergy with that.