Binding of spirits? Do i or anyone appreciate being bound

The title may be a tad misleading- I think I may have brought this up before. I just can’t understand the act of binding- I mean I know your not literally capturing there energy in a vessel or what ever- how ever this seems like I don’t know an act of either submission upon the spirts part or shall we say barbarous commandment by the act of the summoner- either why the question remains. I mean do you “seek permission” in a sense to bind to a vessel,object, whatever? If the answer is yes I can only that the answe be the spirit would be that of more of a intuitive answer then yes no or floors and a swarm od demons and hell fire emerging to answer. Long story longer I guess I realize bound or not they have free will say I guess binding may not be a literal term- all I’m saying is I don’t like to be bound and the term seems to resonate with summoning them threatening in a disrespectful way to do a job. Ok let the firing squad begin.

you may want to look into spirit houses and spirit fetishes. In the cases of these the spirit or it’s energies would reside in the object and act as a portal for its energies. There are alot of cultures and traditions that make use of this without the Abrahamic idea of compelling or threating a spirit to bind it to an object.

In the case of Black magic of Ahriman one of the first tools you make is basically a spirit fetish to house your own spirit. There are also methods that create specific ones for certain div’s for later work in the text.

3 Likes

Can you expand on that- “spirit fetish”- is that just metals, fumigation, libations etc to entice?

These are to create a suitable physical environment to house the spirit.Similar to how spirits have correspondences within evocation that can yield a more powerful result or manifestation.
These same correspondences can create an object that the spirit can reside in or charge with its own energies.

1 Like

Are you speaking of the binding vessels or offerings such as inscense to run the potential of a more physical manifestation- which I fully understand is not necessarily the root goal as far as communication is concerned

@Novembercomingfire It can be either willing or not. It is stupid to forcibly bind a really powerful Spirit though. Yes you can literally store a soul in an object. You can also have a Spirit possess an object.

1 Like

The idea can be applied to both. The need to shift the environment or make an object that aligns more with the spirits vibration make it easier for the spirit to manifest its power.

This is part of why for example working with goetic spirits you may get more power results in either case of evocation (incense blends) or creating a spirit fetish that aligns uses plants,resins,metals ect that align with their nature or natural environment.

What’s the difference? And I’m not being sarcastic

@Novembercomingfire One is where you use a vessel to store a soul. The other is a temporary possession of an object by the Spirit in order to perform a ritual.

Ok so that said by fetish objects you are referring to offerings- really having a hard time- and I’ve been doing ALOT of research finding what spirit digs what

Why temporary for a single solitary ritual?

@Novembercomingfire Same idea as normal possession. Just this time an object and not you.

:thinking: In a sense I guess you could call the components of a spirit fetish or house an offering. I never thought of them that why but it could be seen as such

THIS.
In this case the spirit is evoked and petitioned to house itself in the object,idol ect.

Brings me to another potentially off topic when speaking of evokation/invocation rituals etc. I’m assuming this is referring to a triangle/circle of evocation but what is meant by the term “closing the circle”

The idea of opening and closing the rituals in the case of solomonic based rituals is you banish at the beginning to clear unwanted energies and again at the end After the entity evoked is dismissed to rid the area of lingering energies. This is usually done with the LBRP and LBRH in these cases.

Bmoa has similar bookend rituals for opening and closing rites to shift the energy in the temple to align with the current.

This can apply to evoking or invoking raw energies. If you are charging an object with elemental or planetary energies or using it for a task for example. You would banish at the beginning, evoke the energy for the rite, charge the object or task the energy, offer gratitude and dismiss the energies then banish to rid the area of any lingering energies so you start from a “clean slate” on your next ritual.

In the case of bmoa it is to ground the energies and return to normal consciousness.

1 Like

I’m sorry what is LBRP and LBRH?

Again I apologize- what is Bmoa? So am I to construe that the term “closing the circle” means banishing or ending the rite?

Lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram and hexagram

Black magic of Ahriman

Yep

Understood.

Another interesting thing I read spoke of burying the binding vessel for I believe 9 days in rooted in accordance with certain vampyric rites- has anyone else heard of this? Before communication via scrying etc. How do we know when the spirit is willing To be bound to a vessel. I guess you just know… feel it. The whole burying part is problematic for me as the ground is quickly freezing.

You would evoke it and ask it to house itself and its power in the vessel. Dunno about the burying part for vampyic rites, only thing that comes to mind with burying is to ground the object and get rid of prior energies.

Depending on the spirit it may give instruction on how to create a suitable vessel for it.