Biding... the counterpart force that could take back your manifestation

It has been spoken about a book from Ophiel named “The Art and Practice of Creative Visualization” ( [url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-divination-omniscience/the-art-and-practice-of-creative-visulization-by-ophiel/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-divination-omniscience/the-art-and-practice-of-creative-visulization-by-ophiel/[/url] )

After I had bought and read it I wanted to speak about a specific “law” of his book which name is “The Law of Biding”.

To summarize, it’s been written that every action involve two forces. Think about maybe pushing a car, there is force from your arms to the car as well another force from your spine and legs to the ground.

When we use magick it’s been said that we use two forces as well. One that is able to bring our specific desire as well as it’s counterpart which can repell it from us, or just taking it back at anytime.

Have you ever saw this?

Someone earn a lot of money and lose it very quickly.
You gain unexpected business opportunities that lead to nowhere.

Hell, even my last love spell was under this law! An unexpected beautiful girl coming from nowhere that look exactly how I wanted. We spend two wild and sweet weeks then she vanish for no reason, never returning call and so.

A divination reading made me understand she found another guy.

My spell was a success. My time was just done.

There is no time in the spiritual plane, so as soon as you manifest something you wanted the same force can take it back as fast as it went! It has done what you asked for after all!

I don’t know for you but reading about this “law” really hit something for me!

It also make sense if you think about the Hermetic Law of Rythm maybe (from the Kybalion).

The solution?

Ophiel recommend that in your statement of intent prior or during your ritual, you should adress this concern to this counterpart force.

State that no reversal will take place. That the opposing force of the force you contact is bound and that you’ll make the most of your granted wish as long as you would, or until something better happens.

He state that simply acknowledging and dealing with this opposing force would be sufficient to prevent its natural effect.

I practice magick from some years but this is the first time that I seem to understand one of my major fault in this art.

Did you already knew about this effect of reversal?
How did or do you deal with it?

I’d enjoy to speak extensively about it and get your testimonies and advices.

1 Like

I can’t agree with that.

If you’re using magic to manifest things which are not in harmony with your darma, so to speak, it’s obvious enough why the flow of the world is going to flow right through your works and sweep them away. Of course that can be overcome. And asking spirits for things without specifying that they should be permanent etc. when you want them to be, is just asking for failure - and even more so when it’s contrary to nature. There’s no need to refer to invent some ‘law’ the existence of which, frankly, makes no sense.

Now, another thought I’d like to interject is that your beliefs effect your outcomes, regardless of the method you’re using.

By that, I mean that if we are casting a curse and we believe in the 3-fold law of karma (which is a complete misunderstanding of what Karma is), that belief is definitely going to be manifested along with the success of the primary ritual. If we believe that there is any sort of whiplash effect in magick, then we’ll experience it.

What ought to be encouraged above all is personal experience. Maybe you’ll experience whiplash or blowback, or maybe you won’t. If I tell you that you will in my writings or teachings, then a good number of people who pay attention to me are definitely going to experience blowback simply because I suggested that it will happen. This is especially strong when you use these subtle suggestions in combination with absolute statements.

Now, there are actually several forces involved in every action. Not only do you have your force pushing against the car, and your grounding force of pushing against the ground (which isn’t an opposing force but a grounding force), you also have the static force of resistance, the possible alleviation of force by the wheels, or the mechanical resistance of the brakes or gears. You also have to take gravity, slant, even air pressure into consideration when we’re talking about forces.

This is no different when dealing in the worlds of energy and consciousness, aside from the fact that in these invisible worlds, thoughts and feelings are some of the strongest of these forces.

If we believe with every fiber of our beings that our power is endless and our reach is limitless, then nothing will be impossible for us.

The process of getting there is the key, which is why I’m so insistent about the 3 Godlike Powers, because they do indeed provide a direct pathway into a sure knowledge of your limitless nature.

2 Likes
If we believe with every fiber of our beings that our power is endless and our reach is limitless, then nothing will be impossible for us.

what are the best exercises to change this old “I am limited” self, and generate the new “I am a Master of Black Magic for whom nothing is impossible” self?

Evoke fully often, soul travel deeply often, and discern the deepest realities through divination often.

3 Likes

I’ve read in a few different books that part of this effect comes from us using our brains to manifest. The way the brain functions is naturally polarized…black/white, male/female, positive/negative, etc.
By putting your awareness in your anahata chakra, staying there and manifesting from the heart consciousness, apparently there is no polarizing effect. That saying “the heart wants want the heart wants” made more sense to me after that. This is where we fully experience a lot of emotion, and it rarely is rational, or divided. There’s quite a bit more to this, considering the toroidal fields that encompass the heart and the universal laws applied to it, but im trying to keep this short.

The Upanishads are ancient Sanskrit records of 100 or so people who found their way into this space in their heart, and the experiences that they had during and after.

I’ve been trying this myself for a month or 2 and I don’t really have anything backfire on me anymore. Things fuck up a lot less and I don’t have nasty surprises, its pretty nice.

Id love to see others try this and see if their results match up. If things are consistent enough, then I wonder what the results of manifesting through other various spaces of the body would be…

Fact is this is so simple that it’s easy to overlook. I’ve always assumed that my subconscient/Self or that spirits are intelligent enough to “know” that I want my wish to last.

But rules of the Inner Planes are different from what we may assume as obvious. It was never as clearer to me as for now and I thought it was important to share it with other beginner-intermediate magicians.

This is another important reminder for beginners magicians.

What striked me however with this so-called “law of binding” is that it wasn’t in my belief system (I don’t even believe in any “karma” at all).

It was just incomprehensible (and how frustrating!) for me to see my results going no where or for just a very short span of time. Even more when I felt very confident about!

Now that I understand this phenomenon I can say I feel even more confident. That cannot be bad. :wink:

So true. And I understand now better the advice you gave in one of your newsletter to actually use some Divination BEFORE casting a spell. That’s way we should know if the actual influences are in our favor or not, if we should wait a little or do something different for our purpose.

This is definitely something I’d like to understand better, I don’t know if you included this strategic divination use in your video course (I still however would have to wait before buying it at the moment…).

[quote=“TheLotusEater, post:6, topic:1144”]I’ve read in a few different books that part of this effect comes from us using our brains to manifest. The way the brain functions is naturally polarized…black/white, male/female, positive/negative, etc.
By putting your awareness in your anahata chakra, staying there and manifesting from the heart consciousness, apparently there is no polarizing effect.[/quote]

That’s some very interesting piece of knowledge there.

I don’t know how to pragmatically put my awereness in my heart chakra (I just can hone my feeling of it being present and pulsing) but I’ve remember having read some old mySpace articles of EA where he spoke about using the 3rd eye for direct manifestation.

Now I’m thinking… if scrying a sigil is made to send it to our subconscious (right hemisphere), why not trying to scry using the left eye only? (left eye is connectect to the right hemisphere).

This is something I’ve never seen anywhere yet… maybe inefficient?

I just never saw how anyone could overlook being very specific, perhaps because to be specific with spoken word, you have to be thorough, know exactly what you want, and have a pretty wordy request. Whether magician or not, chances are you still have qualities of people in our society, which isn’t too keen on the aforementioned. People are generally careless, not very thoughtful, and go about things without thinking them through. If you are specific, and you are able to think of some possibilities of your intent, you are able to get down to what you desire. Most of the time, you wind up with something way better than the vague, “Bring me more money” intent, and sometimes it takes you to an intent that wasn’t originally what you were thinking, but it is right on the money of you desires.

@TheLotusEater The idea of the anahata you bring up may be based on something along the lines of the dealings between the upper and lower chakras. Now, from what I can gather, there is a division of 3 higher (sahasara, ajna, and vishuddi and 3 lower (manipura, svadisthana and muladhara) chakras. The anahata is the joining point, not being either the higher or lower, but a connector sort of. This is why you see a lot of importance placed on it, because it is an access point to both per se. This is just from what I can gather, but this is basically why the anahata is outside of the realm of polarity.

However, with the chakras, there is a WHOLE lot of facets to them, and I am not sure it is completely accurate to stratify them in this particular way. However, because of it’s multiple facets, you can orient to them in this fashion, and it probably works just fine because they have so many operable avenues.

I think a lot of this stems from the intent of the higher self conflicting with the desires of the lower self. I was meditating the other day and had a conversation with myself for lack of a better term. To sum it up basically the lower self gets distracted with the many ways a manifestation may occur and muddles up the intent of the higher self. For example everyone has heard of someone cursing another and instead of death the victim moves away, changes jobs etc. The higher self wanted the death of this person, the lower self was more concerned with not having to deal with this person anymore and that became more important than the intended outcome. How many times have we said ourselves or heard other magicians say “Well I got what I wanted it just didn’t come the way I expected it.”?

Binding works the same way in that we aren’t directing our thoughts as clearly or thoroughly as we think. We may focus on a vague goal like having extra money but we’ve given no focus to how it manifests so the results are vague as well. Yes, we lower out chances of manifestation by being more specific but we increase the odds of getting what we expected when what wasn’t expected is ruled out.

Just a theory and as always it was with what you paid for it.

There’s a lot to be said about expectation when it comes to magick. I recall my first evocation of clauneck when I was trying to scrape together rent money plus extra to get me through til the next pay day. I remember vividly thinking to myself humorously that it’d be my luck that it’d come to me in a way that would be fairly complicated and a few hours later I came across a sewing machine sitting out for trash pickup and took it home to find out that it was worth rent and two hundred dollars extra. But who buys a sewing machine anymore? I’ve put it on craigslist a few times but no one goes for it. I ended up still getting the money I needed but the sewing machine still sits in my living room. Since then I’ve used it as a reminder that I need to watch my expectations more closely when dealing with entities because they will meet or exceed your expectations more often than not.

That’s a really good example Kitari. During my fiancé’s court case I had to fight the urge long and hard not use baneful magick against the opposition. I had a fear that I couldn’t shake that the kids could get hurt or worse if I attacked her ex. I didn’t want that fear and anxiety carried into the ritual for fear that it may manifest just as much as my desire for him to die.

I’ve come across that situation a time or two myself where I was worried about bystanders who I happened to care about getting caught in the cross fire. Normally in those situations I’d do a working meant solely to socially ruin my target and once they were completely isolated from everyone I gave a damn about if I still felt they had to go, well you get the idea. lol

I could see how if you influence a system sophisticated enough to be self-correcting in a very blunt way there definitely could be a reaction like the one you describe. Maybe instead of doing a working where you simply direct energy to perform the task of “making x = true” you could be more subtle and place more subtle parameters around the data that you are commanding to become true… instead of pulling someone across the country with one blunt sweeping act of influence to end up in a situation tomorrow where they’ll become enamored by you and then two weeks later their original identity comes back to the surface and they get pulled back to their original path, you rearrange many small things so they start down an entirely different path which leads to them being in love with you…

EDIT: Wanted to add something and didnt wanna repost.

I mean think of exerting your will on the world with magick as sort of like telling a lie… you decided to go and alter the way things were naturally going to develop so that some piece of information would be different just because you want it to be…

If I tell a bad lie, then the intended effects of the lie are less likely to happen. If i want to fool a room full of people into believing something and I just walk in and yell it out loud, then it’s not unlikely that many of them will believe what I’m saying for at least a second, until they look around and ask each other questions and gather other information to contrast it with and shortly realize that it is in fact a lie… I did technically succeed at my lie… people did believe me, but it was just for a second, the “counterforce” that took it back was the evident truth that discounted my lie. However, if I walk into the room and strategically rearrange things, or tell key people smaller lies at strategic times, and make sure that upon telling my lie there will be more lies to reinforce it, then when I announce my untruth to the room it will take a longer time for people to realize the truth…

The more my lie appears to be a truth, the more it behaves as a truth and people will go along with it as if it were…

I’m glad I read before I posted my question.NOT the same question mind you, but answered sufficiently here.

[quote=“empyrean93”] Something to share. After I did the Lake of Fire ritual (to the best of my ability) I got a mental movie playing of a first person perspective of looking out of a window of a car on the freeway.

A white biker type guy sped up to the window and started yelling, and then the window rolled down. He was trying to get attention and when the window rolled down he started yelling “You got to visualize it”. I mentally participated back “Visualize what?”. “Everything the way you want it. You got to visualize it! I am Amaymon, and I am in your mind forever now.Good Luck!”

What is the lake of fire ritual?[/quote]

[quote=“empyrean93”] Something to share. After I did the Lake of Fire ritual (to the best of my ability) I got a mental movie playing of a first person perspective of looking out of a window of a car on the freeway.

A white biker type guy sped up to the window and started yelling, and then the window rolled down. He was trying to get attention and when the window rolled down he started yelling “You got to visualize it”. I mentally participated back “Visualize what?”. “Everything the way you want it. You got to visualize it! I am Amaymon, and I am in your mind forever now.Good Luck!”[/quote]

" looking out of a window of a car on the freeway."
I’m on the highway to Hell…

What a fucking cool dream! Have you tried to evoke Amaymon or any of the subjugates?

The Sorcerer work is never perfect. We must keep applying our selves to dissolve the ego, alter consciousness and see beyond the veil that separates the worlds. Rise! and rise again until lambs become lions!!

[quote="-TWF-, post:11, topic:1144"]I think a lot of this stems from the intent of the higher self conflicting with the desires of the lower self. I was meditating the other day and had a conversation with myself for lack of a better term. To sum it up basically the lower self gets distracted with the many ways a manifestation may occur and muddles up the intent of the higher self. For example everyone has heard of someone cursing another and instead of death the victim moves away, changes jobs etc. The higher self wanted the death of this person, the lower self was more concerned with not having to deal with this person anymore and that became more important than the intended outcome. How many times have we said ourselves or heard other magicians say “Well I got what I wanted it just didn’t come the way I expected it.”?

Binding works the same way in that we aren’t directing our thoughts as clearly or thoroughly as we think. We may focus on a vague goal like having extra money but we’ve given no focus to how it manifests so the results are vague as well. Yes, we lower out chances of manifestation by being more specific but we increase the odds of getting what we expected when what wasn’t expected is ruled out.

Just a theory and as always it was with what you paid for it.[/quote]

Great post.

Abraham Hicks always says that the path of least resistance is the one to most quickly and easily manifest. So which ever way seems most feasible to you to work out your biding, whether subconscious or conscious, is the path your spell is going to execute from.

And it does make sense in the way that you often hear people saying that they got what they wanted just not in the way they expected. I’ve even said this myself enough times to know how it goes. I guess a part of me thought the ‘best’ possible outcome wasn’t the easiest, so naturally the less desirable method is what happens.

So what’s the solution? I think we just need to be more careful about conflicting demands on the upper and lower chakras if we want the exact desired means to the outcome to manifest. On the other hand, if the means justifies the end, then all’s well that ends well, too…Having a person move away may just as well be as good as having them suffer a wretched existence, so long as you never cross paths again and all past hurt is nullified in your life from then on…As long as you’re not too picky about the details. :wink: