Best way to start magic?

Hello everyone,

I recently started meditation and slowly started to control my thoughts. However, I have weak astral senses and I need to look at it as a skill I need to develop in coming days. My ultimate goal is to perform evocation and start to perceive spirits around me.

So, my question is whether to first work on my astral senses and then perform evocation (or)
Start evoking spirits and ask them for help to improve my astral senses. I read some posts and there were mixed opinions regarding this. Can you let me know the best way to get started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The best way to do anything is just to start. Period.

One thing to understand though, is that asking spirits to “open your senses,” will not negate actually having to do the work yourself. You will still have to perform meditations and energy work. There is no getting around that.

Step 1: you need to learn how to enter the necessary altered state, what EA calls the Theta/Gamma sync. You will find plenty of techniques on this forum to do so.

Step 2: Meditate daily

Step 3: Start opening spirit seals. Again, a simple search of the forum will provide you with the how-to.

Step 4: Choose a method of energy work and start practicing. Doesn’t matter what kind, the chakras, or qi gong, or whatever, just do it.

Step 5: Learn a banishing ritual and practice it daily. There is plenty of them available here and on the interwebs. Pick one that you like and start. This will help build your ability to manipulate energy, to visualize or what EA calls “structuring”, and vibrate words of power.

All of these steps should be done daily for best results.

14 Likes

I’ll tell you how I got started in magick. Then you can decide if you want to try some of the methods, or if you want to go down a different route. I did start with meditation, and that type of thing. But magick became necessary for me around 2013.

I started with the New Avatar Power book - it’s not the best book for beginners imo. I struggled with it, but also with self-discipline.

Eventually I discovered the Gallery of Magick books (look up Damon Brand, Gordon Winterfield, Zanna Blaise, and Adam Blackthorne). So I learned to do the rituals in their books. Much easier, and more beginner friendly.

I still struggled a bit until I discovered the Abraham Hicks teachings (Esther and Jerry Hicks). I have all of their books, and they have plenty of free videos on YouTube. I applied their teachings every day. It took me a couple of years to see consistent improvement. But it was worth it. Once that happened, results from using magick improved, and are still improving. It required a complete change of mindset (how complete depends on where you’re at now, belief/mindset-wise).

Now I work from some of E.A.'s books.

As for getting yourself into the trance state required - it’s easy enough. Try learning how to self-hypnotise. It will teach you some good techniques for getting yourself into trance state. I picked up Powerful Mind Through Self-Hypnosis by Cathal O’Briain. Excellent book and learned from that how to get myself into a trance state.

I also recommend Ben Woodcroft’s books which are similar to the GoM books.

I suggest that it’s a step-by-step process. Learn to petition spirits. Then learn to evoke. Learn to crawl, then walk, then run. It didn’t happen quite that way for me because of my circumstances, but ideally, that’s what I recommend.

PS I use the banishing ritual from Kingdoms of Flames. It’s effective. Use a burn bowl, place it at the centre of your home, fill it with water, put a black pillar candle in it, add salt around it, then banish using the incantation from KoF in the room you’re doing rituals in - if necessary, recite it in every room in your home. The candle set-up acts as a portal that pulls all unwelcome/hostile spirits through it. Blow the flame out after you’re done reciting the incantation. I do it every day. The GoM also teach a banishing method. And there are plenty more methods. Just find one that you feel comfortable with, and use it twice daily.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for your advice :smiley:

I started working on myself to enter the Theta/Gamma sync. In some of the posts here, I read that we can enter into the state by gazing at the corner of ceiling. After trying for some time, suddenly the edges of the corner started disappearing making the vision blur. Is this the trance state that you have spoken about?

2 Likes

It’s not the blurring you are going for, because that can simply be your eyes going out of focus. You need to pull your vision back so that your eyes are focused just in front of the area where the wall and ceiling meet, and you have to hold it there.

I always liken the technique to looking out of a window at night. When you are looking at the area where the wall and ceiling meet, it is as if you are looking out your window at a tree in your yard. When you pull your vision back, it is like you are looking at your reflection in the window, so the window is now in focus and the tree is out of focus. You then hold your vision there util you feel a sensation of falling in your head. To me, it feels lightheaded followed by a sort of click.

4 Likes

Im wondering is it normal at first to not feel anything when i meditate and not feel any different afterwards? I also after meditating if anything i feel groggy thats it when i was wide awake before i meditatedi hate feeling tired afterwards but then i also dobt seem to ever be able to vizulize too long at all. Its kinda hard for me to hold any image in my mind very long and when i do chakra meditation its super hard to even focus on simply the color very long even and after im done i feel no different after.
I just would hate to be doing these chakra meditations and all for nothing i just so hope something is happening but do people eventully start to feel there chakras or sumthing im so confused y i never feel anything at all… ??

To avoid feeling somewhat tired after meditation, practice an active form like for example pushing away a thought, then another one etc.
Also, try a Vedanta approach. According to that type of spirituality, the “practicioner” indeed doesn’t become different because the desired state is already there: you can either concentrate on self awareness, the feeling “I am” (until over days, weeks etc. it basically disappears) or focus on pure consciousness in itself.
The latter case is a sort of jumping to the end result, i.e. reaching the Self. Instead of “consuming” the ego first, you let this happen while you directly observe your Atman, the Divine within (since, according to some Hindu saints, it’s one and the same with consciousness).

1 Like

Welcome @Blackwitchdavina It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like