Best way to connect with Norse Gods?

Hello all,

Is Asatru a legitimate practice or is there another way that is better for connecting with the Norse Gods that is more authentic?

It’s legitimate but you don’t need to follow it to connect with the Norse Gods. Sadly then you have a handful of Asatru also crap on the Aesir’s Jotun ancestry which makes no sense to me. The most authentic is the one you make yourself imo.

1 Like

Sorry to edit your title but “Asatru V Norse Paganism” was just on a countdown to people yelling about politics, which would not have answered your question as far as connecting to the gods goes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Asatru is just one branch of Heathenry. You have Asatru, Theodish, Urglaawe, and more. As well as Norse Paganism, Northern Tradition Paganism, etc… It all just depends on the right path for you and what influences you want to draw inspiration from.

3 Likes

makes sense. Thanks

No problem. Thank you! lol. Not trying to stir up trouble. haha

1 Like

Oh! Great. Thanks! That is good to know…I’ll look into those!

2 Likes

Well I’d say just don’t limit yourself to the practices of a certain group of people, reconstructionism is especially limiting, so don’t just follow a practice just for the sake of tradition and throw out everything else regardless whether it works and establishes contact with the Gods. Sadly so many Asatruar these days limit themselves so much in that way.

3 Likes

Hmm…Very sound advice. Thank you. I have noticed that trend as well. Thank you for the encouragement!

2 Likes

And to be fair, even if it’s an advice from experience more than from knowledge, with the Norse Gods you improve your practice more through what they show and teach you than through any name you will put on it.

Try things, you will know if it works quite fast, and it’s not what fits the most with your “path” they will find a way to let you know. And that’s even more accurate depending on which one you’ll be working with !

4 Likes

Thank you!