Berserkergang

Anybody have experience with the berserker trance? Its an innate ability I have but its not something I have delved into a lot, simply because every time I get into the trance enough i nearly get sucked way too far into it, like gravity well status, and I don’t want to lose control knowing what the consequences could be. It is something I want to master but not something I take lightly.

4 Likes

I’m familiar with the feeling - that is, the innate beastly rage that threatens to consume you during combat. I’ve felt it trying to surface at inopportune moments, so I try to keep it down.

Like you, it’s something I want to master. I feel like I’m going to need it soon.

1 Like

That is, with respect (because I feel ya!) a modern response to a primal state, because in the past you either went bals to the wall, or you, and all your loved ones and bloodline, died, fast and horribly, or slowly, sold into slavery, and who knows what else.

If you can reconcile the needs of 2020 and that brutal core drive, that may help find a way to live this reality, now. :thinking:

5 Likes

Thing is I’ve done a fair share of research but its really hard to find any pragmatic methods or people actually practicing it. I’ve found a few places with good info but its hard to find practicioners with solid methods for controlling the trance properly.

1 Like

I have reason to believe I’ve been a warrior and mayve even a berserker throughout my existence. Indeed, its different in civilian society than on a battlefield or from past civilizations.

While Berserkers are known for being balls to the wall, I think I can harness the trance without losing control to it. I need to practice but its hard when its almost like my body is too attuned to it and Im fighting off the trance more than anything. To really get into that trance is an enormous amount of energy and rage and its simply a question of what or who I might destroy if I don’t do this slowly and cautiously.

2 Likes

On a side note, I havent meant to come off preachy in other threads, I’ve just had some crazy ass visions relating to this stuff and I have strong views, I really hate seeing people taking the harming of others lightly, especially when it comes to seriously injuring or killing another person. Not only are you snuffing out a life with their own memories, feelings, desires, etc. But you are also irrevocably harming the people close to them, who are probably innocent. Im very much about “the punishment should fit the crime”.

That rant aside, I might double down and really get into working with Berserkergang and maybe making a journal on the forums here. Might be able to gain some valuable insight for anyone interested in harnessing this sort of energy for self-defense or whatnot. I’m all about sharing valuable knowledge and advancing humanity as a whole in whatever way I can.

Edit: Im also all about showing the Gods or Demons what we can build and achieve instead of being primitive monkeys beating each other over the head with clubs. I think the former is a bit more impressive and a testament to the best we can be as opposed to the worst…Humans have been a very volatile, insular species for most of its existence.

3 Likes

I came into myself as one of the Ulfhedinn when I was young. It took years of dedicated practice to control it as best I could. Here is a resource that helped me tremendously when I first started looking for answers to Odin’s Curse/Blessing.

http://www.uppsalaonline.com/uppsala/somafera/

2 Likes

How do you reconcile that with berserkrgang, when the opposing person, especially before the advent of true nation states, was just trying to feed his family?

Also, berserkrs are associated with the Viking lore, and they callously encslaved men, women, and children, and sold them to the highest bidder, to do with as they pleased?

I’m not terying to be a dick here, just untangling myth and its juxtaposition on modern morality.

Vikings were not advocates of social justice; they sold children, to anyone who wanted to buy them.

1 Like

I was speaking from my view now, not from the perspective of that era. But let me say GODDESS DAMN IT its very refreshing to hear someone who doesnt try to force our modern view on ancient cultures and civilizations :smiley:

Taking killing someone lightly and being willing to do so are two different things. In war…unfortunately its killed or be killed. Many soldiers from what I’ve read dont neccesarily hold ill-will towards the opposing force, knowing they are in a similar shitstorm. WW1 christmas armistice is a perfect example of that, and how much both sides thought the war was a bunch of shit. Unfortunately there was too much hatred after ww1 to see anything like that again. As a side note, slavery was much more widespread throughout history than the social justice types want to accept xD

I appreciate you throwing your perspective at me and I mostly agree, but I’m trying to say most of the people so ready to do harm are typically those who do not understand what it is to take a life or be on a battlefield, or they are truly sadistic. This is a deep topic that would take quite a bit of discourse…but it wasnt until the advent of modern warfare that war was seen as universally bad, but that doesnt mean ancient cultures “had it right (or completely wrong)”.

I hope Im being concise enough and not all over the place. I just think people should leave each other to their own ends unless that person is actually threatening your well-being. War is a much more complicated topic and takes quite a bit of context.

Im actually against the social justice stuff, but I wont get onto politics. I think people like to categorize you into the “fluffy bunny” or “edgy darknezz”. Im kind of a little more complex than sheeple like that xD

2 Likes

To be clear: I’d never advocate against force and violence where it is due, but I dont think wanton destruction, especially in civil society on petty grievances, helps much of anything.

2 Likes

I’ve been able access this energy in the past (before I got actively drained up my butthole by astral pests for two years) and I think it has a lot to do with the adrenal glands and adrenaline secretion. I don’t think its a good idea to do it just to experience it. Its a very destructive energy and you need an outlet for it. Lifting weights and going nuts in the gym is a good one for this. In my experience its easy to control in a sense that, anything or anyone that’s not your target isn’t in danger of being harmed unless they are actively seeking confrontation. But you do need something to let it out on.

You might want to check this video out, this guy’s isn’t a sorcerer (I think) but he’s a natural at this and he even talks about going “berserk” and “channeling” this primal energy in this video:

3 Likes

“I want to control a berserker trance”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good luck.

Berserkers, so far as any reconstructionist I’m aware of has ever surmised, “mastered” the trance by perfecting 1) the speed with which they could enter the trance, 2) the duration for which they could physically and mentally prolong the trance prior to sheer collapse from exhaustion, and 3) complete and total surrender of their conscious faculties, and ideally the whole of their minds, to the trance’s power.

Adrenal biofeedback while a formidable martial technique is completely different from berserker trance; the former relies on heightened arousal, the latter on rage.

4 Likes

By your account, Im off to a good start xD. I’ve heard of reconstructionists being able to harness this sort of trance without losing all control of it though.

1 Like

You can enter it on command but it does have its draw backs, It can be quite draining if you are new. And sometimes even when you think you are in control it decides for you. It’s a state between, fight or flight and mania.
I’ve slithered out of handcuffs, and made people shiver in fear by my movements. In the gym I use it when I dance or I’m lifting a heavy weight. I can lift much faster than most people because I have “elite” muscle composition.

My fast twitch muscles can burst energy, but it’s less controlled. It’s usually good for pushing and pulling but not really smaller muscles groups.

Just take a breath and then light fire in your adrenal glands, you will physically feel the hormones hit your blood stream, usually my pupils dilate a little. When you get better you can flex the muscle on command and have it happen like me.

In order to get the full benefits you need to practice having high adrenaline in flow. This means doing some crazy people stuff or things that are very outside of your comfort zone. I used to play football and ran track. But skateboarding, surfing, and performing in front of others will also work. Also driving very fast but that’s probably the least safest option.

Fighting is also very good to train it.

For best results flex and get a few drops of it in your blood then focus on the power and energy you feel building up then fully relax, then build up again and repeat. Before you start a set secrete the energy. And do not be afraid to growl or tell when lifting the weight. It makes you stronger and amplifies male hormones :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

As far as i know, it can’t be mastered completely.

You give up your consciousness,
when entering the berseker trance,
and you can’t hold it if you really want to have the berserker rage either.

In earlier incarnations,
we used Amanita muscaria to induce it,
the main difference between taking it by yourself,
and using it on slaves / servants was the dosage,
and that when taking it yourself,
you’d normally apply a bunch of warding and shielding spells before even taking the first zip of the elixier.

Normally when taking it yourself,
you’d also have healing elixiers ready to use,
and took some of them prior to taking the Amanita muscaria.

Because while the Rage phase,
you’d ignore fatal wounds,
and just keep going,
it was seldom that someone who knew how to brew the elixir would take it themselves however.

Normally it was used to make an army out of weak servants.

Only shapeshifters had a higher tolerance towards it,
and tended to use it more often.

They simply didn’t have so much to worry about switching out of consciousness,
into primal fury.
Since their normal Transformation into animal form was doing pretty much the same.

Some weaker shapeshifters actually even prefered using the elixier along with their shapeshift,
because it made it easier for them to let go of the human aspect and transform.

Forum Search for how to Shapeshift,
if you want to learn more about how to gain a certain degree of control,
over the primal instincts the Berserker Fury awakens.

But never underestimate it.

It’s fine and dandy to think you got control over it,
because you can remain conscious control during the state.

But that all changes within secounds,
when your liver is pierced and hanging out of your body,
or your lungs are scattered and fill with blood from a wound.

There’s only so much your senses or consciousness can do there.

And at some point,
the instincts also give up.

But the Berserker Rage usually keeps you up long enough,
to deal fatal damage,
both to enemies and friends.

To prevent attacking your friends,
the most reliable and kind of working defense you can put there,
is being very familiar with their smell.

It’ll make them “your pack”,
and your instincts will then include defending them,
instead of attacking them.

But that only goes as far as they don’t attack you.

The moment one of them hits you - even if it’s accident - you’ll probably tear the attacker to pieces.
Even with trained smelling.

That, is as far as i can recall,
the most honest and best advice i can give you there.

Don’t use it,
unless you’re really ready to kill.

It’s easily as potent as having a loaded gun,
normally it’s vastly more dangerous than that.

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

3 Likes