Benefits of lucid dreaming?

Can someone explain the benefits of lucid dreaming to me? I’ve always been pretty good at taking control of my dreams and want to know how I can apply that to my practice.

2 Likes

I think the best way of using lucid dreaming is to get in touch with your subcounsious mind

for this you need a good dream dictionary
i reccomend http://www.dreammoods.com/
once you get familiar with the symbols dreams and the subconsious mind use you can start dialoging with it, and understanding better some bubcontious issues

like for example friends in your dream represent the characteristic you recognize them with but within yourself
so if you would describe a friend as happy wise and funny for exaple and you see him in a dream he is actually a representation of your happiness your funny side and your wisdom, so you can ask him anything you want, like how to gain more happiness or wisdom for example,(as he will not be able to answer something like how to get more money as he does not represent your practical side) he will answer you in symbols , so you have to study them, imagine his conversation can tell you for exaple something like, i want to eat a soup for inmstance, this would mean he need a more nutricious information, etc

so in a way you can interact with your subconcious
for example you see a broken goblet , something in your emotions or spirituallytu is just not working well, you can ask how to fix that goblet and you can get a symbolic answer on how to fix that issue in real life

is hard at first because you need to start rememebering too many symbols, but you get used at some piont you rememeber so many symbols you can start dialoging

5 Likes

What a great answer! Thank you.

I’ve been trying to lucid dream. I bought calea tea and it gave me crazy dreams, but I’d only get lucid when something horrifying happened and I desperately wanted to “reverse” the dream or get out. I’ll start panicking in my dream and try to yell “Get me out of here!” But no noise comes from my mouth and then I’ll wake up after a little while of panicking.

3 Likes

Calea tea? What is that exactly?

You get to go on crazy wacky dream adventures and have a lot of sex.

4 Likes

It’s this Mexican tea that aids in lucid dreaming. The full name is Calea zacatechichi. I’ve been reading conflicting articles about the safety of taking it so I’m not sure if I’ll buy more.

1 Like

Good to know

anyway you do not require the tea neither any infusion
the only thing you need to get lucid dreaming, is making “reality checks” an habit

for example you have to repeat this almost in a daily basis at first: hear or seeing something that is happening and cought your attention, at that moment you have tosay to yourself “that’s strange” and ask yourself “am I dreaming?, is this a dream?” then bite your tongue, it will hurt a bit because you are in fact awake

but when you make an habit of doubting reality and confirm reality by biting your tongue
it will get a time when you will be asleep and dreaming and something strange will happen your habit will force you to check reality, you wont feel your teeth nor any hurt, you will realize is a dream and you can start controlling it in a lucid way.

thats all

5 Likes

Awesome! Thank you.

1 Like

That’s really good advice. I’m gonna try it.

1 Like

Teas and other products like them are usually intended for the more experienced or for people working along the dream path with guidance. The sexual side of Calea typically died down in intensity after about a week of use.

Some have toted the benefit of being able to perform their rituals in lucid, others suggest its a good springboard for those encountering trouble astral projecting and soul travelling.

1 Like

Being able to shift from your personal mentalscape to the astral that’s a mental plane.

It can also help you alter your subconscious or learn about yourself mentally or spiritually. However, spiritually you have to be wary mainly because you would have to distinguish imagination from actuality.

2 Likes

That makes sense

1 Like

You can evoke spirits in lucid dreams with your astral senses fully opened without a problem!

1 Like

I’ll have to try that after my senses fully open.

1 Like

No no no I meant that in dreams you can already see, smell, hear, and feel perfectly. That means that in lucid dreams you’ll already have your senses opened in there to connect with spirits.
I personally like that better than evoking on the physical plane, it’s much easier and the lazy way of doing things!! :joy:

2 Likes

Oooohh, that’s actually really interesting. So if you can master lucid dreaming you can evoke while asleep.

2 Likes

Sure can :clap::clap:

2 Likes

And summoning them in a dream is very similar to physical plane, you can do all types of things that summon them like chant their name or enn, using their sigil in the dream or anything else you can think of that summons whoever!! Have fun in dream land! @Blackmore

1 Like

You better believe I will. When I feel more confident, of course.

1 Like