Belladonna (flying ointments)

Has anyone had much success with flying ointments? I purchased some salve of the Belladonna flower a while back and have tried a few times. I try not use often due to its high toxicity!
When i have used the ointment dreams turn very vivid, hard to sleep.
With some devoted practice i belive it could help inducing trance states, clairvoyance maybe even astral travel.
Whats your thoughts BALG?

3 Likes

As a person initiated into a family tradition of witchcraft, I have been very interested in flying ointments as a means of participating in the Sabbath. Being the do it yourself kind of practitioner I had a mind to cultivaate my own belladonna, mandrake, monkshood and henbane. I decided against going down the flying ointment route for two reasons; the substance is designed to facilitate soul travel so I decided that the more authentic way of doing this was to learn soul travel such that I would not have to rely on dangerous biochemical agents. To this end I purchased EA’s Mastering Soul Travel course. Unfortunately despite fairly consistent effort and regular use of his techniques I have (to date) only had limited success. But that is an aside; the second reason for not going down the flying ointment route is that the old recipes, particularly those mentioned in Margaret Murray’s “The witch cult in Western Europe” do not mention dosage; and dealing with such potent and toxic alkyloids (atropine and scopolamine) one would want to be fairly accurate with dosage to limit the risk of cardiac arrest.

I hope this helps.

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGL-lngQdbE

1 Like

@Warlock totaly agree with you that the ointments should not be used as a crutch. Just a little dabble here and there for me.
As for the toxicity yeah you got to know what your doing. Thanks for the advice and posting i will watch the video!

2 Likes

The guy’s advice in the video is vague and therefore potentially dangerous. My advice is not to follow it. I include the video only as an example of an attempt to recreate a traditional recipe.

1 Like

Maybe a homeopathic doctor would be a good resource?

1 Like

homeopathic remedies include concentrations of the original substance that are so low that not even one atom of the original substaance is present in the solvent. There is a homeopathic belladonna remedy; but it doesn’t actually contain any belladonna for the reasons given above. The principle behind homeopathy is that the efficacy of the remedy lies in the imprint that the original substance leaves in the solvent (in most cases purified water, alcohol or sugar). It’s related to the whole “memory of water” theory that seems popular in new age circles these days and was popularised by the Japanese scientest Dr Emoto. Unforutnately, his experiements have not been able to be replicated under standard laboratory conditions and the “memory of water” theory has negligible support within the scientific community. For these reasons I would sooner consult the mad cat lady next door than a homeopathic doctor about appropriate pharmacological dosages for atropines.

2 Likes

This video includes important pharmacological information about dosages.

1 Like

Try a blend of less toxic herbs, look into mugwort, sage and thyme.

There are spirits that can teach you how to use flying ointments

1 Like

I used the same exact one you did, and I had some vivid dreams and not very nice dreams, lol. But I didn’ fly out of my body or anything else, I did with Robert Bruce’s astral travel book though. I did try the Saturn ointment from that some woman back in the day and did get a flying sensation then.

Ahhh no way! Its a small world lol. Yeah can agree with that the dreams are not always nice haha! Think it may be good to have a gander at the old Robert Bruce again!!

Rock solid advice right here. If you are going to experiment with that kind of thing I would go for something you can’t OD with, or at least something that is harder to OD with. Kava root, kratom leaf, ganja, etc. Belladonna has it’s place in herbalism but I would treat it with the same respect as a potent and dangerous medication. Can you get dosage info on that salve? Otherwise I would not mess with it. They call them “death cherries” for a reason.

3 Likes