Belial

A few days befor my evocation i open the sigil of the entity and leave it on my altar with a black candle burining on top of it. Thanks to Gnosis tip I foubd out Belial likes bourbon. I left a glass of bourbon also as an offering. In 4 days the glass of bourbon is gone like Belial drank it. Ive never seen that befor. I left a cup of beer in the same room and I had to dump it out. Has anyone ever seen anything like that befor?

facepalm

It’s called ‘evaporation’. Pure ethanol evaporates quite rapidly. Comparing a 40+% alcohol drink with beer is just … I’m not even going to say it.

Poete, I’ve been observing you for a while and I have to warn you, even though I greatfully respect you for your insights.
The problem here is that you facepalm way too much and I don’t even want to go into your arrogant comments towards other members. Having “respect” for eachother is one of the BALG-rules now, and in a previous post I asked you to read the rules for the same reasons.

You belittle other people with your “facepalms” and degrading replies.
This has to stop. Consider yourself warned! Leave your arrogance at the door when you enter here!

Well to be honest with you thats what I thought about the evaporation. When people make cooments like that. I just realize where they come from. I could care less what anybody thinks. I just keep posting to help people with thier methods performing magic. Just like Ive gotten so many anazing helpful hints from alot of people on here. Specail thanks to all the positive people on here. To all the dicks. I cant blame you. You are what u eat.

1 Like

This could possibly be WHY liquor is such a traditional offering - it does get “removed” from the altar by natural forces.

Just an observation. :slight_smile:

A second more speculative observation is that, since any evaporating liquid passes through a state-change, perhaps the essence of the offering is received at that point - same as, if you burn an offering of incense or food, the state-change it goes through is the point at which it’s rendered accessible to spirit, aka that’s the method by which they can enjoy it?

Something that just sits there without either evaporating or burning might be less accessible.

I’m sure no-one thinks the spirits actually NEED to eat as we do, nor sniff incense in order to be won over. It seems to be one of those “liminal state” things again.

1 Like

Ah, the essential and the substantial. This is what left ‘rational’ Protestants, being irredeemable materialists, scratching their heads at the claims of the Catholic Church that the wine and wafer of the Communion literally become the blood and flesh of Christ even though they were obviously ‘physically’ still mere wine and wafer: they didn’t understand the age-old distinction between essence, which comes from above, and substance, which comes from below. Whatever the spirit does with the essence, it is doing so on the spiritual plane, or if you will, in the realm of ideas. In dedicating a thing to a spirit in his mind, the competent magician will already have effected the receipt of it by the spirit. It is not a physical matter and has nothing at all to do with physical laws. The physical world, being the culmination of everything above it, is merely the solid base from which authority can be exercised over everything above it.

I'm sure no-one thinks the spirits actually NEED to eat as we do, nor sniff incense in order to be won over. It seems to be one of those "liminal state" things again.

We ARE spirits and we NEED food in order to maintain our presence in this physical plane. Therein lies the secret of one of the purposes of material offerings … and also why such offerings are sometimes eaten by those who have given them.

2 Likes

The Police - Spirits In The Material World

Ah, the essential and the substantial. This is what left ‘rational’ Protestants, being irredeemable materialists, scratching their heads…

… It is not a physical matter and has nothing at all to do with physical laws.

Yes, there is a a difference, nonetheless the use of some “gateway” activity, be it the magician’s intent, the use of fire or whatever is still a critical part of any sacrifice being rendered acceptable and perhaps accessible by the spirits. I’m not defending what was merely a theory thrown up by Jaysalamone’s post, simply looking for the common factors.

Burning offerings, throwing them into water, or otherwise placing them beyond human use pre-dates Protestantism and the materialistic worldview by millenia; and, the Eucharist isn’t a one-way offering to Jesus or the Christian God, it’s a consecration - a drawing down of Divine power into the wafer and the wine, and it’s also usually consumed, which arguably creates a state-change in which it bonds with the corporeal body of the recipient.

There seem to be several distinct types of offerings:

• ones given to an entity which must never be taken back, for example, offerings made to the dead which will bring misfortune if they’re stolen by the living, things that are destroyed by the offering process, whether by burning, breaking (swords and knives are often found in that state by archeologists, that seem to have been destroyed when brand new and thrown into water courses), or other destructive methods;

• offerings meant to be consecrated by the the being to whom they’re offered and which are then redistributed for the benefit of humans, e.g., prasad in Hinduism, or the practice of wearing blessed talismans;

• offerings that remain entirely unaltered and which humans can also enjoy, which includes any temple, and the images of the gods etc., which humans are encouraged to use as focal points for devotion or offerings;

• offerings that exist entirely in the mind, such as renouncing certain types of food, or fasting completely; devoting one’s entire life to some being, and offerings of time and attention through prayer, celibacy, and so on.

There are probably other types, but all have gateways specific to their intent - whether it’a mental consecration, or casting into flames.

A self-consuming substance like hard liquor seems an ideal offering since it takes itself out of the equation through natural laws, and perhaps that’s why (as someone asked in another post) it’s so popular with spirits.

1 Like

Well in my experience spirits usually like whiskey and something called Pisco back here in chile. My oferrings also include honey and a few drops of my own blood. They usually like this. Dear eva when you talk about fire do you mean acompanying the offerings with candles???

Candles are used as an offering, but people also burn things, in candle flames, on incense, on pyres, etc. Here’s some examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnt_offerings

It is my understanding that Catholicism teaches transubstantiation. This is belief that the bread and wine at communion, LITERALLY becomes the body and blood of Christ. The bible supports this through the Pauline epistles. In fact, Christians are warned not to eat food sacrificed to idols because through it, they become one with the demon. So, drinking and eating the sacrifice after it is offered is what you need to do.