Being a 90s kid

the fact that I’m not a 90s kid kinda bothers me! I was born in 1997 so I’m too young to remember anything! I just feel like I missed out on a awesome time! anyone who was born in the 80s or 90s, was it really all that! sorry for the random question

3 Likes

Depends on whether you had great parents and friends to make it all that.

1 Like

I won’t comment on the cultural stuff because politics. Suffice to say society was different.

But, forget ANYTHING like this forum, there was no internet - I had to cobble my methods together from bits found in children’s books and imagination, and later, spirit contact (actually that was no bad thing, but I know for sure 90% of people on here wouldn’t do that).

3 Likes

90s are a medication induced blur for me…

Small town schooling. Lots of Ritilin, Paxil, and Risperdal.

I don’t, and won’t take anything now.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the pop culture back then was great! because it’s shit these days

4 Likes

BTW, love the new Avatar.

2 Likes

Yeah, a lot of stuff was MUCH better, the music especially.

2 Likes

I bet! I constantly play stuff from the 80s and 90s and the shit today makes me gag sometimes lol! time to construct a time machine!

3 Likes

Yeah, I honestly can say I said that I empathize with that. Either that, or astrally go back, and find your self a way to cement yourself into a body back in those days.

1 Like

WTF !!! I thought you are in your mid 40’s . LOL, U R Young.

1 Like

Being a 90’s kid means growing up watching BEST CARTOON NETWORK SHOWS ever broadcast-ed.

5 Likes

FUCK YES!!!

2 Likes

thats what I was thinking, travel back and force myself into a body, but forever, just for a few days

1 Like

Thirty something, getting closer to 40 now. :smiley:

Video was on tape, and you had to rewind it, and sometimes it would break, and buying new releases on video cost a small fortune, there was little or no “binge-watching” of series either, you were glued to the screen if you liked something and then had to wait a week for more.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yep, same age as me. 4 TV stations, no Sky or other options. Betamax video, Tv remotes with a wire going to the TV, ZX Spectrums or Atari Pacmans. 80’s fashions of fluorescent socks and rara skirts and crimped hair.

1 Like

You have things now I wished I had back then, everyone looked like shit in the early 90’s . Nobody cared about eyebrows and Facebook didn’t exist. The music was good and of course the Clubs. I loved the Brit pop era of 97 here in the Uk. I personally loved the 80’s more.

1 Like

Those were the GOOD things! :rofl:

2 Likes

They are! I hate Facebook and big caterpillar eyebrows. It was a simpler time and no stresses like today for younger adults with all of this Social media stuff. Did you have a Shell suit? :joy:

2 Likes

Ah, yes the age of (the silly version of) ninja turtles, Super Mario and ridiculously edgy comics. Fun times.

2 Likes