Beginning Spiritual/ Theistic Satanist

Hllo I’m new to Spiritual/Theistic Satanism, what is a good starting part for me? Or should I say, how do I devote myself to Satan/ sell my soul? I’ve seen and read so many things that are so diffrent or contradictory to each other, I want to make shure I give myself to Satan in the right way. Please someone give me a correct answer.
THANK YOU

Okay over 24 hours and you haven’t had any replies, so I’ll give it a try.

1. Selling your soul is a dramatic concept, opinions vary on whether it’s even a real thing, and you may not find much support for the concept here. If there’s a specific theistic Satanist group who talk about this, probably best to track them down and see how they do their thing.

2. Do you want to devote your life to Satan, and thereby give away some or all of your free will? I’m not aware of any other interpretations of devoting your life to anything, that seems like a religious concept to me, if that’s what you want good luck.

2 Likes

What she said.

First of all,no one is selling their souls.It’s a drastic,and overwhelming experience,that probably isn’t necessary for a simple initiation.What you want,in devotion to Satan,isn’t to give up control of your destiny,and your power.

What you want,at least the way I see it,is a ritual,that will let Satan know,that you love him,and you accept him as a patron,so that he may protect you,guide you,teach you,and help you.

If this is the case,I think you’ll find great success in the following ritual:

-1 or more black, blue or red candles (as many as you like)
-A sterilized needle or razor
-A piece of clean paper, large enough to write the prayer below
-A dry pen, where you sign your name in blood (dip the tip of the pen in your blood)

And write the following prayer:
''In the name of Satan,the Antichrist,and the False Prophet,with the Kingdoms of Hell as my witnesses,I honor Satan as my lord.I request his patronage,his aid,and his love,so that it may envelope me,and guide me through this world,and the next.

I request that Satan be my father,in spirit,and help me in ascending.I call on him,to flood my life with happiness,and nurture me,until I may manifest it myself.I commit to our alliance,and restore Satan to the true pedestal of divine glory,from aeons ago.‘’*

It is important to bathe before this ritual, this is done out of respect. When you are ready, you can light the candle. Take the needle, prick the index finger of your left hand, squeeze some blood out.**

Sign your name in blood.

Recite the prayer either aloud or in your head

Fold the paper and let it burn in the fire of the candle.Place the ash in an ashtray and gaze into the flame,mesmerized by it’s dance.Meditate on the thought of being enveloped by hellfire,but instead of harming you,it’s protecting you,and elevating you.Making you stronger,and happier.As you breathe out,feel this flame growing,and as you breathe in,feel it getting stronger.When you have exhausted all emotions,gaze into the candle and say:

“I thank you for coming,and thank you for accepting me in your hearts.So mote it be.” And a Big “HAIL SATAN!!”***

Alright,so there’s a few things I need to note about this ritual:
*This prayer is an incantation,that may be altered as it suits you.You can include a bit of renouncing the Judeo-Christian God,and you can always edit the stuff out,or put more stuff in.

While Satan existed,probably,before the Judeo-Christian paradigm,it’s undeniable that he’s been MASSIVELY molded by it.So,this prayer recognizes him both as an ancient Middle Eastern god(the last sentence) and as the adversarial lord(Satan=the Father=the Divine;the Antichrist=Christ=The Earthly;the False Prophet=The Holy Spirit=the Mediator)

**You don’t have to prick yourself,you can cut yourself,make your nose bleed,or do any other weird thing to get blood out.You can also use animal blood,semen,or no blood at all.It’s the thought that counts.The blood only makes it feel more devotional.

***This ritual may be personalized,and Hail Satan is non obligatory.Keep in mind,that for a figure every Christian rants about,few people can name an exact and permanent Satan,as Satan often appears in different forms to different people.A cynical,sarcastic,but certainly caring disciplinarian teacher?A supportive,loving,and carefree father figure?A monstrous,uncontrollable,wild,evil beast?None of these is more correct than the other,they’re just different.

This ritual simply tells Satan who you are,and what your intent is,to be his friend.You can do what you want,but this devotion is plenty enough.An important thing to note,is that Satan is about personal empowerment.He wants you to grow and to make your own destiny,and to appreciate his gifts.

If we are to believe the Satanic interpretation of the Judeo-Christian myth of Adam and Eve,Satan gifted us with forbidden knowledge,literally coming back to the garden,after being thrown out,to share with you the teachings of magic.

And he refused to bow down before man,because he recognized his potential for more than what Jehovah wanted him to.

Either way,you’ll be very happy with Satan.

Man,I feel like one of those religious nutbacks preaching about Jesus,except in the opposite direction,lol.For the record,this is all coming from research,reading,and more reading.

Other people on these boards have much more experience with Satan.This ritual is a slightly edited version of one I found on Joys of Satan.I am not a Satanist.Not in a theistic,nor in a LaVeyan sense.

But,I am doing my best to be helpful.

6 Likes

I recommend that you contact Satan before you make any dedication or make any promises to restore him.
Give him offerings on a weekly basis, water and a candle is fine too begin, on his sigil. Look to your dreams for messages and perform divination on them. This can take a long time. He isn’t the sort of spirit to immediately come down. In my experience anyway.

I also recommend you ignore everything you read about Satan. There’s a lot of ridiculous misinformation.

1 Like

Ditto and ditto, although I think it is important to do some deprogramming, either saying the Lord’s Prayer backward, or denouncing the Judeo-Christian God, for the basic reason that if you can’t get through that bit, you have some serious work to do before a dedication to Satan.

Another thing is to go and read Diane Vera’s site, if you already haven’t, and especially if you are wanting to be a Theistic Satanist. There are a ton of great articles, but specifically one on doing a pre-dedication. Basically dedicate your time to getting to know Satan, possibly for a year before committing to that degree. This allows you to find your path, if it leads straight back to Satan then great, but some people find it meandering off somewhere else.

Also the blood issue, it is a personal thing, but some will tell you that you have to use your own blood for a couple reasons. Firstly, it shows your dedication. If you just think about it and don’t then you are going about it half-assed which doesn’t show proper commitment. Secondly, there is that thing about blood holding energy which is why it is used in ritual, and because it is a contract of sorts, you are using your DNA.

Just remember everyone has their own opinions so you have to make your own based on theirs. Don’t ft into someone else’s framework, that’s not what Satanism is about.

And one other thing. If you do perform a dedication with a blood pact to Satan you will most probably find in the next couple of days that your psychic senses heighten and things just fall into place for you. Its at that point where a lot of people tend to think that Satan has now taken over their lives and they don’t have do anything. Then they find that the initial “enlightenment” wears off and things go back to normal making them quite despondent. Just remember that Satanism is about taking control of your life, not letting someone else control it for you, so you just need to give yourself a good kick in the ass from time to time.

1 Like

I think that deprogramming can be useful, but all too often people renounce the deities when they should be renouncing the church. I’ve found angels and saints to be lovelyand not at all opposed to the Devil…and vice versa.

Blood should never be used to regularly feed a spirit. It’s a bad idea. A one time thing might be ok (obviously depending on the spirit), but it’s completely unnecessary. And honestly, you won’t make the ritual more powerful.

1 Like

This is a freaking excellent point, thanks for that.

[quote=“Euoi, post:6, topic:5758”]I think that deprogramming can be useful, but all too often people renounce the deities when they should be renouncing the church. I’ve found angels and saints to be lovelyand not at all opposed to the Devil…and vice versa.

Blood should never be used to regularly feed a spirit. It’s a bad idea. A one time thing might be ok (obviously depending on the spirit), but it’s completely unnecessary. And honestly, you won’t make the ritual more powerful.[/quote] Thankyou very much, I intend on using my blood for the dedication.

You’re a long way off for a dedication anyway. Meet him first, have good long talks with him. Get to know and understand his personality. THEN think about a dedication.

^ This.

Did you ever read about arranged marriages in the past, and think they were awful?

Especially if it was some 12-year old girl or boy marrying a much older monarch in a political marriage back in whenever?

Same deal.

You’re 12 in most ways compared to most spirits.

And they WILL want their marriage rights, might not be PIV or PIA sex, either not at all, or not only - but you’re going to have to deliver on that vow in some way, BE their contractual partner, or else it’s meaningless.

Make sure what they ask for is something you’ll get off on, and this means, get to know them, including all their nastiest darkest moyths and lore, because it probably didn’t just come from nowhere (no, not even WITH the “Xians are prejudiced, and all spirits are nice” theme).

Be the empowered partner - be the one who comes to this with your own terms, and ffs let those terms be more than minor and fleeting desires, or some kind of “oneitis” thing about another primate.

1 Like

I’ve been doing my work to find my patron.

I was working with them, and gaining results!

I still am,

During the past week, I began having dreams with intense light, praising Satan in my dream, even the “devil” appearing and making his presence known.

For months, I would be contemplating the satanic philosophy as if it were my true philosophy, as I work in a publishing warehouse, I would walk down an isle to pick a book, and several times, the book is on Satan.

So, I’ve began to pray to him.

For desires, for honor, respect, and to build a bond.

We’ll see where it goes.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make any sense, Satan is the unrestricted carnal nature of the animal universe so to devote your life or sell your soul would be a contradiction to the whole thing because it means placing radical restrictions on yourself for the sake of a force that despises such things.

A very good point!

My advice tends to be a bit out of left field, so feel free to take it or leave it.

Research: I highly recommend Michael Aquino’s classic The Church of Satan, the whole thing but particularly the Appendixes. I also recommend Codex Saerus.

Learn: Find and adopt a banishing ritual. Learn it and how to deliver it until you know it’s working, then do the same with an invoking ritual. Research Taro card designs on-line and choose a deck that speaks to you, then buy it plus a 1metre square 100% natural casting cloth and 100% natural draw-string bag large enough to contain your cards wrapped in their casting cloth. Study the cards. Don’t read any books, etc about the cards. Spend time getting to know the cards one-on-one. This can take quite some time but there’s no point rushing.

Perform: Start using Sigils and practising sigilization. Adopt the body posture of the rune Elhaz with bare feet on the ground (at least initially) and learn how to collect and direct energies. Never bend your arms if you wish to direct energies outside of yourself.

There’s a curriculum worth several lifetimes. So what are you waiting for?

Al.

2 Likes

Satan - a right way!?

You have to understand that in this path, Your Way is Satan’s Way. Use logic. Use your heart. The Right Way comes from inside your dreams, your life lessons, your losses, gains.

2 Likes

Satanism, the western manifestation of the left hand path, is a tough gig! The more you progress the more alienated and alienating you become. It’s about becoming more than the mortal which must be left behind that a God/Goddess will be born. It’s a hard path with the hardest task – self-deity!

Each left hand path is an individual one with tried and tested techniques and common signposts. And it is very dangerous.

I strongly recommend Anton LaVey’s atheistic Magic(k). One very important thing that Anton taught me was relying upon yourself. Chaos Magic(k) taught me the ability to work cheaply without all the fuss and bother of Qabalistic Tables, robes, purchased incense, etc.

Al.

3 Likes