Beginner needing help with letting go

Good morning! It’s been a few months since I’ve joined the forum and asked anything, but I have been avidly reading just about every day! So I was hoping to get some (any) advice on the best way to go about my problem. If it has already been answered I apologize, as I looked but couldn’t really find what I was after.

So I currently have some ongoing work and I know that it’s best to do the work, trust it and let it go. But my problem is that I can’t seem to let it go!! Maybe I do for a few hours or a couple days but then I go right back to worrying about it. Also until I see a resolution to my problem I’ve been stuck in the same place in my life.

Obviously this is about an ex. I’m sure some of y’all will say to just get over it/her and find somebody else. Wish it was that easy!! But what I’m asking is, while I wait on my work to manifest how should I act?? Meaning should I try and move on or would that counter my work? Should I hold off on trying to move on and wait for some resolution? Or should I just try and get out of my own head and focus on myself and try not to even think about the fact that I’m doing magic on the situation?

I’m sorry for the long post! It’s just something that’s been bothering me. I know everybody here is way more advanced and knowledgeable about this stuff than I am. So any and all advice is welcome!

Thanks!