Beginner Advice

I think as a theme - not a “you can’t post unless we can check everything you did ourselves” it has merit, and fits in with the ethos of magick to get real results, not just for the navel-gazing fun of it. It’s just an idea, people are always going to disagree or whatever, but I thought we could expand it beyond just free readings for feedback, and maybe have something in topic titles about something being up for beta testing.

Edit to add, I’m 50% responsible for completely hijacking the OP’s thread here, and apologies Xroommod for that, but that tends to happen when the question comes up about what is or isn’t possible or achievable, so beta-testing isn’t an answer for the OP but it might be an answer for a topic that evidently matters to quite a few people here.

Back on topic:

What would you like to use magick for it you woke up tomorrow and had skills and experience? What area do you think you’d work on first?

As was said a way back, the stuff you listed has many routes, so if you know what your first desired result is you might get more targeted advice that way.

And sorry again for my involvement in the thread hi-jack!

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:22, topic:2523”][/quote]

Yea Eva, you should be ashamed of yourself hogging this thread…

What’everybody looking at me for?

You two should argue more often!
Its civil, its informativ and well worth a hijacked thread.

Well if it’s worth it to the OP, then I guess there’s no harm done. I’m glad most people find our conversations civil, but the OP did originally post to get some clarity on an idea they were presenting, so I will try to offer something pertinent to the original question. I do appreciate what you are saying though Vergil!

At any rate, Xroom, you mentioned wanting to start really small. Now before I suggest what I am going to suggest, I think Eva’s questions that she asked you are suggestive of a process you want to create for yourself. Being able to self-reflect and self-criticize is almost an absolute must if you’re gonna use your time wisely with anything, especially magick.

However, from your list, it seems like a lot of what you want is in the “human evolution/optimizatiion” category. No matter the category, however, the first thing I would say is that you learn to master the lower mind states of at least theta, and deep theta at that. I am a bit surprised to not see more posting about the benefits of mastering this state sans evocation, but mastering this state by itself can create it’s own spontaneous magick.

Theta is a precursor to some of the skills you even talked about. For example, if you can get into theta, remote viewing accurately is a synch. You mentioned divining a major news headline… well your remote viewing can take care of that. I’m talking from what I personally witness and work with myself, but all that is to say is that theta is useful for far more than evocation. It’s the precursor to shamanic dreaming, which goes into levels beyond the standard view of lucid dreaming.

I would also suggest investing in the delta state as well. Delta is not a state that I find much mention of in terms of magickal literature at all, besides perhaps Franz’s Bardon’s Initiation Into Hermetics. Honestly, for the person who want’s start small, I would say that book starts you off real small, but if you can stick it out to the end, you can become crazy powerful. I know some devoted IIH workers, and they went through the first 3 steps very slowly. However, after they mastered those areas, they progressed relatively quickly, and are very VERY impressive magicians.

At any rate though, delta, just like mastering theta, will create a LOT of it’s own spontaneous magick. It is a precursor to being able to remote heal, influence, manipulate reality at a primordial scale. So with curing a person’s headache, this would be quite simple upon mastering the delta state.

In terms of techniques, I would suggest Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra is designed at being conscious in the deepest mind state level of delta. Obviously, if you can master delta, you can master theta as well, so becoming familiar with this technique is quite useful. Now, the thing with yoga is that adopting some of it’s other aspects can be helpful in acquiring Yoga Nidra mastery. However, I wouldn’t fret over that too much, especially since it is a passive ability in it’s beginning stages. Initially, just tape recording a yoga nidra script will get you ready for it. However, once you remember the script, which is a lot easier than it might seem, you can do it without audio guidance.

Here’s the book I learned about it from, and it’s contains a dogload of scripts that systematically take you through the process. It’s also only $11 after you include shipping and handling ($7 bare price):

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/8185787123/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new]http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/8185787123/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new[/url]

If there is anything else to add, since you are talking about abilities that are often approached through energy work, I would suggest becoming familiar with some sort of energy practice. My favorite is the Taoist Microcosmic Orbit, which you can find ready information on the net for. However, Robert Bruce’s NEW (New Energy Ways) is also very good for beginners, and might be easier to approach. Robert Bruce also has this book for free online:

NEW ENERGY WAYS by Robert Bruce

This isn’t from his site, but I know this publication was specifically for free, so there’s no harm not posting it from his site. I don’t know where it is on his site, but this is a free publication so there’s no foul play sharing it. At any rate, I hope this post helped to answer some questions, and puts you in a good place for some later advances in the skills you are working on.

[quote=“the1gza, post:25, topic:2523”]Well if it’s worth it to the OP, then I guess there’s no harm done. I’m glad most people find our conversations civil, but the OP did originally post to get some clarity on an idea they were presenting, so I will try to offer something pertinent to the original question. I do appreciate what you are saying though Vergil!

At any rate, Xroom, you mentioned wanting to start really small. Now before I suggest what I am going to suggest, I think Eva’s questions that she asked you are suggestive of a process you want to create for yourself. Being able to self-reflect and self-criticize is almost an absolute must if you’re gonna use your time wisely with anything, especially magick.

However, from your list, it seems like a lot of what you want is in the “human evolution/optimizatiion” category. No matter the category, however, the first thing I would say is that you learn to master the lower mind states of at least theta, and deep theta at that. I am a bit surprised to not see more posting about the benefits of mastering this state sans evocation, but mastering this state by itself can create it’s own spontaneous magick.

Theta is a precursor to some of the skills you even talked about. For example, if you can get into theta, remote viewing accurately is a synch. You mentioned divining a major news headline… well your remote viewing can take care of that. I’m talking from what I personally witness and work with myself, but all that is to say is that theta is useful for far more than evocation. It’s the precursor to shamanic dreaming, which goes into levels beyond the standard view of lucid dreaming.

I would also suggest investing in the delta state as well. Delta is not a state that I find much mention of in terms of magickal literature at all, besides perhaps Franz’s Bardon’s Initiation Into Hermetics. Honestly, for the person who want’s start small, I would say that book starts you off real small, but if you can stick it out to the end, you can become crazy powerful. I know some devoted IIH workers, and they went through the first 3 steps very slowly. However, after they mastered those areas, they progressed relatively quickly, and are very VERY impressive magicians.

At any rate though, delta, just like mastering theta, will create a LOT of it’s own spontaneous magick. It is a precursor to being able to remote heal, influence, manipulate reality at a primordial scale. So with curing a person’s headache, this would be quite simple upon mastering the delta state.

In terms of techniques, I would suggest Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra is designed at being conscious in the deepest mind state level of delta. Obviously, if you can master delta, you can master theta as well, so becoming familiar with this technique is quite useful. Now, the thing with yoga is that adopting some of it’s other aspects can be helpful in acquiring Yoga Nidra mastery. However, I wouldn’t fret over that too much, especially since it is a passive ability in it’s beginning stages. Initially, just tape recording a yoga nidra script will get you ready for it. However, once you remember the script, which is a lot easier than it might seem, you can do it without audio guidance.

Here’s the book I learned about it from, and it’s contains a dogload of scripts that systematically take you through the process. It’s also only $11 after you include shipping and handling ($7 bare price):

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/8185787123/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new]http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/8185787123/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new[/url]

If there is anything else to add, since you are talking about abilities that are often approached through energy work, I would suggest becoming familiar with some sort of energy practice. My favorite is the Taoist Microcosmic Orbit, which you can find ready information on the net for. However, Robert Bruce’s NEW (New Energy Ways) is also very good for beginners, and might be easier to approach. Robert Bruce also has this book for free online:

NEW ENERGY WAYS by Robert Bruce

This isn’t from his site, but I know this publication was specifically for free, so there’s no harm not posting it from his site. I don’t know where it is on his site, but this is a free publication so there’s no foul play sharing it. At any rate, I hope this post helped to answer some questions, and puts you in a good place for some later advances in the skills you are working on.[/quote]

Sorry if i sounded like a douche. I am a serious magician though and this shit isnt a game to me. I am positive supernatural things r happening however those that advanced dont even get on forums. Also if someone says they read a book about magic and now how hard is it to do things thT are generally unheard of. It is just setting yourself up for dissapointment. Magic takes patience and hard work. I suppose this is the new magician section so this is the place for questions but i am grateful for those early on that told me the truth even if it hurt my feelings

Yea sickrick, When it comes to forums you’re right, most people who are readily advanced have no reason to be on forums, and usually are not. I usually try to dissuade people from asking questions of that nature on forums, primarily because there’s barely anyone who can tell them how to do these things. Even more people will try to make them feel and sound stupid for not only asking the question, but having the desire at all.

I advocate paradigm breaking primarily because I feel that this paradigm has lost it’s edge as a mode for realizing life on a more dynamic scale. Like you have mentioned, with the current paradigm, everything is hard fucking work, but a lot of the time that hard work exists because… well because we working for things hard all the time. Like remote viewing for instance… that’s not really a terribly difficult skill to learn. However, the military protocols for learning that skill are extremely roundabout, based on all this complex mathematics, and overall it’s somewhat bizarre. Not saying it doesn’t work, but you can achieve simpler, and probably more accurate results learning how to function in deep theta states.

So that’s why I advocate a mode where we start breaking our dependence on a paradigm that is not conducive to realizing full human potential. However, at the same time having qualities like patience are probably universal; the anxiety that “quick-fix” mentalities can produce are contrary to evolution in this arena. Moreover, you can miss the power that can be gained in just mastering the basics; I personally don’t know why folks try to evoke or make spirit contact before they spent at least a few months practicing altered states.

For example, I mentioned IIH here, and the fact that those followers were very impressive magicians. However, IIH is probably also one of the most undermentioned magickal texts out there, and far less so than many modern texts. Why is it so underrated? For no other reason than because the book takes a long time to master.

They spent a few years mastering the first 3 steps, just those 3 steps over 1-3 years time. However, after that, the progress through the rest of the book was quite a bit quicker, even though the material increased in advancement. The result was being able to operate on a level that far surpasses a lot of what I experience from most modern magicians. Moreover, in those first 3 years of just mastering those basics, they spontaneously grasped ahold of the desires that most practitioners are trying to petition entities for, most of whom cannot even summon the entity to the desired form.

I guess I forget to mention patience most times because I don’t want to cap a person’s potential by giving them a set timeline. There’s a chance that someone could learn to fly in a week, and I wouldn’t want to fuck that up because I’m saying, “It WILL take several years to learn,” when in honesty I don’t how long that would take for that individual. But folks should be prepared to take that long, and got to focus on the DAMN basics. The OP seemed primed to be patient, so I also didn’t feel Xroom needed that to be stated. But thanks for bringing that up sickrick, because I think it’s something that needs to be reiterated a bit here.

1 Like

[quote=“the1gza, post:27, topic:2523”]Yea sickrick, When it comes to forums you’re right, most people who are readily advanced have no reason to be on forums, and usually are not. I usually try to dissuade people from asking questions of that nature on forums, primarily because there’s barely anyone who can tell them how to do these things. Even more people will try to make them feel and sound stupid for not only asking the question, but having the desire at all.

I advocate paradigm breaking primarily because I feel that this paradigm has lost it’s edge as a mode for realizing life on a more dynamic scale. Like you have mentioned, with the current paradigm, everything is hard fucking work, but a lot of the time that hard work exists because… well because we working for things hard all the time. Like remote viewing for instance… that’s not really a terribly difficult skill to learn. However, the military protocols for learning that skill are extremely roundabout, based on all this complex mathematics, and overall it’s somewhat bizarre. Not saying it doesn’t work, but you can achieve simpler, and probably more accurate results learning how to function in deep theta states.

So that’s why I advocate a mode where we start breaking our dependence on a paradigm that is not conducive to realizing full human potential. However, at the same time having qualities like patience are probably universal; the anxiety that “quick-fix” mentalities can produce are contrary to evolution in this arena. Moreover, you can miss the power that can be gained in just mastering the basics; I personally don’t know why folks try to evoke or make spirit contact before they spent at least a few months practicing altered states.

For example, I mentioned IIH here, and the fact that those followers were very impressive magicians. However, IIH is probably also one of the most undermentioned magickal texts out there, and far less so than many modern texts. Why is it so underrated? For no other reason than because the book takes a long time to master.

They spent a few years mastering the first 3 steps, just those 3 steps over 1-3 years time. However, after that, the progress through the rest of the book was quite a bit quicker, even though the material increased in advancement. The result was being able to operate on a level that far surpasses a lot of what I experience from most modern magicians. Moreover, in those first 3 years of just mastering those basics, they spontaneously grasped ahold of the desires that most practitioners are trying to petition entities for, most of whom cannot even summon the entity to the desired form.

I guess I forget to mention patience most times because I don’t want to cap a person’s potential by giving them a set timeline. There’s a chance that someone could learn to fly in a week, and I wouldn’t want to fuck that up because I’m saying, “It WILL take several years to learn,” when in honesty I don’t how long that would take for that individual. But folks should be prepared to take that long, and got to focus on the DAMN basics. The OP seemed primed to be patient, so I also didn’t feel Xroom needed that to be stated. But thanks for bringing that up sickrick, because I think it’s something that needs to be reiterated a bit here.[/quote]

That all makes sense. And i guess its not all xroom that just irritated me or anything. There is a combo of people ive been hearing that are ignorant which is cool but being ignorant and refusing wisom makes no sense. Like for exa.ample… The poor fuckrr always hopin to sell his soul… Than the next day he is deducating his life to the gym and blah blah on fuckin become a living god for fucks sake. I argued with an individual on another forum the other day… That was talking down about this forum because of people like I just mentioned and a bunch of people joined in on it and where associating those. people with E. A… They were basically saying that anyway who gets on here is a pathetic kid that knows nothing but dungeons and dragons and magick the gathering. Now i will say there are quite a few looking through the history of the site but they can show up anywhere. Ive already met some real muthafuckers on here¡ Anyways im rambling and thats to time consuming typing on my phones lil fuckin key pad. I got an evocation to perform. Good night ladies and gents!

Is Bardon so underrated in the English speaking Countries? I know it is a Big deal in all the German speaking ones and the Text I mostly send people to start with.
Its a bid Dogmatic but the best foundation to work magick…

It’s pretty underrated in a modern sense because it works so slowly. I think it might be because a great deal of magic literature comes from the Golden Dawn and Chaos Magick derivations, but I mean: think about how little it is referenced here on this forum. People want stuff to quick and too hard and fast to really start to sink into their own personal power.

[quote=“Xroommod, post:4, topic:2523”]I’ve read the BALG ebook, Works of Darkness, some newsletters, and I’ve watched a lot of his videos so far.

I know that I want to start really, really small. Its a lot to go over though so I had an idea and hopefully some veteranmembers of the forum here will oblige me.

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would the following be, using magic alone?

A. Become invisible
B. Kill a small plant
C. Remotely view something behind a solid wall
D. Divine a major, world news headline
E. Start a fire
F. Fill an empty container with water
G. Cure someone else of a headache[/quote]

FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I KNOW THIS FIRST QUESTION TAKES A DIFFERENT FORM THAN WHAT IS EXPECTED

A. 5, but this is an exercise that requires having a method in which you have no doubt in, you may not “turn” invisible, but NOBODY WILL FUCKING SEE YOU, and those I’ve known who were masters of this, had an insane rate of never tripping motion sensors. So it depends on how far you want to push this.

If you dedicate time and energy to doing this and becoming better at it perpetually you will, it really is that simple.

B. -2, if you play around with feeding techniques that are non specific and you have talent, it will happen anyway.

C. The military has a skill that they rate people on terms of 1-9
Average remote viewers are 5, I know a magician who is a 7, and Ed Dames is a 9. All of these numbers are reflective of what you are asking for, I know the individual in question who was a 7, could do this in areas of incredible magickal protection and see objects that were concealed behind all kinds of crap without needing to remote view anyone. The 1-9 scale gives a more detailed response to the particulars, but now that you have some background as to what those numbers mean in terms of how “average” most people are, or how difficult it is to achieve those things on a greater and more impressive level.

D. I’d say between 1-3 depending on what you’re asking to predict, I will say for me I find it personally, I can pick up on certain ones naturally, but I still think if the magician is properly armed, he will find it is easier to make the news than predict what will happen without his involvement (with psychic means obviously, because otherwise why would you do magick if you couldn’t tell something needed to change in the first place).

E. 1-3. There are books that teach you how to do it, the standard fee of charge on the internet is 10k-15k USD. It’s incredibly easy to do, and if you can summon unending rage and torrents of endless anger you might be able to do it on the day, otherwise, the technique I know that work can take months supposedly. But if you keep doing it, it happens. Cost is because of technique hoarding, and if you want to learn nasty techniques like that, you should wait till I publish something.

F. (This answer becomes purely subjective in the way I describe.)This answer becomes ENTIRELY different if you can manifest it with the aid of a spirit through evocation. There are spirits I’ve known, and even have documented in cases like the SCOLE EXPERIMENT, that in authentic mediumship, spirits can drop flowers out of thin air, news papers from certain dates if they want them to be found, and can make quartz crystals become intangible but not invisible and give them the power to levitate, and go back again to normal physical matter. This takes massive power, but there are several spirits who aid in the creation of something from seemingly nothing, and several who can teach the operator how to do this. Koetting has given some good examples to start with in his books.

G. 1-2 (3 if you are weak at healing) I have seen a qi-gong technique, and it was demonstrated first by my master, and then by a spirit on my partner, if the appropriate technique is demonstrated, even a cluster migrane can be sucked out of the head if you understand how to properly “grab it”, this is really simple if you know qi-gong, or have some good healing talent. However, it’s really advanced shit if you are new to healing or moving energy with your hands, and I don’t really feel comfortable just tossing it out there. That’s not how I was trained, and I think that’s wise in this case.

As E.A. says, if you do a ritual and expect nothing, that’s exactly what you will manifest. If you expect this shit to be so impossible, it will be. I think all of these things are easy for the person who tries for one simple reason. Most people never do, because they think it is impossible however the most intense sorcerers I knew, were people who always tried, and always tried to push the boundaries AND THEY DID IT BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT WAS POSSIBLE WITH MAGICK.

They did it because they knew they could, everyone else read books that told them otherwise. And when these people who had achieved it tried to give advice, those book nerds and arm chair psychologists were the first to denounce this magick was real, perhaps because they never tried it, and never understood it was something very different. There is a place for study and academics, but if you want to DO something with your magick to alter the universe, that requires a mind set, and a method of getting into trance.

If you understand all this, doing any of what Eric does, obviously does not require you to be like him to achieve it, because the truth is you have forgotten that you are just like him, harnessing the same omnipotence in the same rituals, and trying to achieve the same thing…TO REMEMBER WHAT YOU FORGOT, THAT YOU ARE A LIVING BREATHING GOD WALKING THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!

Ever Forward,
-Frater Apotheosis