Because I'm bored

Okay. Today’s practice when great!

I used the vibration of the ground to “see” and it was very effective. I’m wanting to work on this more and see what it evoles into

2 Likes

Speaking of…

This is not my work but I’m impressed with it. People swear I’m 21 when I’m…alot older

I’ve been working at it and I get alot of compliments

3 Likes

I just gave that a very quick try, I do face exercises (Eva Fraser’s classics) and use Frownies sometimes so I maybe have slightly less tension/more awareness, but even then found some surprising pains in the muscles. Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought you might like it :wink:

2 Likes

I’m strongly considering requesting a curse on someone that serious needs it

1 Like

Two or three weeks ago I went to a place in Florida that sold occult objects…I tried to use a crystal ball to practice and saw my bosses fighting…today I found out one got fired for stealing money…not sure if it’s true but that counts as conflict

2 Likes

I’ve been working on a theory recently. it’s long winded be seems solid, to me anyway…I’m gona look into more history and detail but we’ll see

1 Like

I came to a theory about a vampires, but its a bit long winded.
maybe controversial.
So what interests me in vampires is not the same as others. Not the ability to live forever, or control others or be rich and famous. it’s the idea of evelotion and lore of where they come from.
Many games and movies alternate the idea and the origin of supernatural creatures. But I strongly think that the idea of a vampire comes from the concept of the shaolin monk. that is there physical condition to become resilient to pain, heat, cold. Rapidly heal and immune to disease. super human agility and speed, strength etc.
Also there mental abilities they possess, Focus. Slowing time, age and focusing life force to perform super natural feats. I have about 5 pages going into detail about this idea. They were said to live too 2500 to 3000 years.
Okay so lets take a step back a moment. how many of you know of the Norse Aflr or the dvergr. these creatures are very familiar to everyone they show up everywhere…by a different name.
In norse legend a Aflr was a semi divine being with magical power who was said to be unearthly beauty tall and perfect features, muscular etc. and a Dvergr was said to live under the ground, be short stocky, have a thick beard and mine the earth.
In modern times, these two creatures are known and the Elf (aflr) and Dark Elf (dvergr)…also known as Dwarf. that’s right. Darkelves and dwarves are the same thing in lore. What does this have to do with vampries? Nothing, but notice how the idea of these creatures has changed.
Today the words give us a different image then the original meaning.
Now move to the idea of the Vampire…a term that was created in thre1930s I think. it’s a VERY modern word.
so how do I releate the Vampire to the Monk? well lets look at the origin of the martial arts…the true origin…Lets use Kung Fu as a example. What is it, where did it come from, how was it developed?
I want to focus on the 3 facts of Martial arts. 1.it didn’t start in the far east but the middle east. 2. it’s purpose was to unlock divine power from inside (not outside) the person. and 3. it was built on the idea of learning from the beasts that lived around the land.

1. Martial arts like Kung Fu, as well as the original Buddha, started in India. The culture who put a lot of focus on mental and physical development. When you notice that modern day magicians talk about mysticism and psychic power, where do they go to…the chakras…Indian mediation and yoga.
    Kalaripayattu
3 Likes

I’m pretty sure this picture is a depiction of the Shia Islamic rite of Tatbir and not a depiction of a Catholic devotional ritual. You need to look at the crucifixions that take place on Good Friday in the Philipines for any modern Catholic analogy.

1 Like

Um…no.

A simple Google search of the word “vampire” shows its origins around the 18th Century. The Oxford English Dictionary places its first appearance around 1734, so I have no idea where you got the idea that it was coined in 1930. Its first literature treatment was in 1748 in a poem called The Vampire, and its most famous incarnation, Dracula, which uses the word ‘vampire’ within its pages, was written in 1897.

2 Likes

remember I said “I think”

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are referring to here. which picture?

2 Likes

2 Likes

damned sexy though :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

that’s like…old hombre…I was referring to self flagellation

3 Likes

yeah…I have the disturbing habit of reading through entire threads in my down time.

2 Likes

no problem. I’m just musing atm

2 Likes

If your looking into flesh eating or blood consuming variety And then you have the aswang, wendigo, and ghouls :skull_and_crossbones:

Aswang-Image-1-380x240Aswang-Image-2-380x240

download%20(49)download%20(48)

ghoul

3 Likes

The OP was talking about the origin of the English word ‘vampire.’ Not sure why you replied to me with this but it’s cool nonetheless :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:laughing: it grabbed the wrong quote it was on @telgega mention of it but guess my phone flipped out. Though with creatures like this in older folklore and legend it isn’t a large leap to blooddrinker from flesh eating.

3 Likes