BBC news - witch hunt in Nigeria

Just wanted to share this and I’m kinda shooked there’s still witch hunt in this century. Thoughts? What action should we take on this matter?

6 Likes

It still happens. Parents have force their children to leave their homes to the streets.

2 Likes

Whats the solution to that problem in your opinion?

The Abrahamic God is at it again it seems… :neutral_face:
Time to break out the protection magic for the kids
Facepalm

6 Likes

That happened to me for a brief time when I was around 8 yrs old. Had to find my own food but was allowed to sleep at home with a key to get inside. Not for too long but it was a scary time, confusing as well. I still have dreams about being chased from time to time or walking around aimlessly. I didn’t even know where to go for food until some nice person led me to the right place. Not due to witchcraft but yeah. Stuff happens to kids. And my parents were not even xtian, well mom may have been but didn’t practice that I’m aware of.

Seems like that area of the earth is being culled. Not good for kids to be alone in a place like that or have relatives turning against them. I’ll see what I can muster to protect them.

3 Likes

First solution is enactment of laws to prohibit this.

3 Likes

Yeah, but what are You going to do about this? Law is all well and good if you can lend a hand to changing it but if you don’t live there then that solution will have to be on the back burner until those people wake the hell up and fix their government. They sound very uneducated, ignorant in other words. Fixing the law is not going to be on their minds at all is it? ppfftt

Very sad thing. Hope child activists and NGOs come forward to help them.

1 Like

Damn kids and their witchcraft :neutral_face::sunglasses:

1 Like

As much as my gutshot instincts scream “fucking destroy these pieces of shit with the nastiest death magick you can muster!!!”, that’s going to potentially compound the problem.

^^^This is the best course, IMO.

If you retaliate in any fashion and they think it has something to do with any of the true victims, they will be murdered, most likely. While I suppose that IS one way to free someone, I don’t think it is what we have in mind, is it?

2 Likes

You are only now surprised about this? This happens all the time in Africa and Asia (especially South Asia). Belief in witchcraft (as in black magick) is very strong, and mobs do what mobs do.

And you think these people care about laws? Heck, no. Pass all the laws you want, they’ll do what they do. And if the state tries to prosecute these criminals, well, then the police officers will be accused of witchcraft or whatnot and murdered. The hysteria these issues bring up is quite intense.

What can we do? Spells to protect kids. And spells to spread education. You’ll notice, these things are not very common in educated milieux.

2 Likes

im from south asia m8 i never heard about stuff like this in here

1 Like

Never heard of witch hunts or exorcisms in the villages of India and Pakistan? Happens all the time.

2 Likes

True, but I think the common factor is rural, more isolated areas. This stuff does not happen often in places with more than a few hundred people in it. It even happens (albeit rarely) in the states in such places, just not usually to the worst extremes.

1 Like

oh boy can’t wait to get set on fire and hung from a tree… also note most of them were women I guess they never hung or burned male witches…

1 Like

talking about the witch trials btw

Protection magick is the only sage or safe course, since that government did pass laws but enforcement in the Nigerian states is not mandatory, 3/4 of them added them, and don’t do a lot of enforcement it seems. Sad. Time will sort out the cullers, but children need more enforced laws so maybe focus on adding peace, harmony and freedom of the people? This is a huge problem all over the world I’m sure.

Today I must focus on my own life, the energy for outside endeavors does not favor me atm. Unfortunately. Just too tired.

1 Like

lovely^^

2 Likes

Many bad things are happening in Nigeria. It looks like that nothing can stop that.
And they do hang male witches and gays, too. Just a part of a long story.

2 Likes

Maybe all of us could make a sigil or cast a spell that would making witching legal :wink: ???

1 Like