Basic Limpia

A limpia is a cleansing ritual that cleanses of negativity, sickness, and curses. The following is a very simple version utilizing an egg. There are more complex versions with accompanying rites to dispel stronger shit, but those are better taught in person for it to be done correctly.
Anyhow, some of ya will probably find this useful when you got someone giving you the mal de ojo (evil eye) or if you have a coldor something.

Take a raw, unused egg. Completely virgin. Wash it in a bowl of holy water and allow it to get to room temperature. Then gently place it upon the crown of your head abd begin rubbing it, spiraling out counterclockwise while focusing on the negative energy being absorbed by the egg. Now rub the egg over your face in the shape of the cross, saying thelLord’s prayer (or apostle’s creed, or hail Mary). Make the sign of the cross over your third eye. Over the throat, neck, back, thigh, shins, and feet. Everywhere basically, always working downwards. Even the back of the legs have to be touched. Finish off with the soles of the feet.
Take the egg and crack it on the side of the toilet and flush it down In the name of the father, son, and holy spirit.
This is an example of Mexican curanderism, which I know is far removed from what most of this forum professes to practice, but may as will introduce some flavor here.

47 Likes

German Folk medicine (my grandmother) dose the same thing exept not using the lords prayer but offering the egg as a new home for the negativ forces.

6 Likes

Great post,ya put more info,tat others,i do a quickone,go to bathtub& shower,use amonia,and pray 4 get rid of dark energies frkm works,& peopls,and bath,air dry,works,for while

Zorrito, not really a limpia. A limpia is done upon a person, typically by somebody else, using external substances such as eggs, herbal bundles, etc to rub the person down.

Vergil, interesting! In not well versed in German folk magic, but it seems there is a certain understanding shared by Mexican folk magic and German type.

[quote=“Euoi, post:1, topic:2968”]Take a raw, unused egg. Completely virgin. Wash it in a bowl of holy water and allow it to get to room temperature. Then gently place it upon the crown of your head abd begin rubbing it, spiraling out counterclockwise while focusing on the negative energy being absorbed by the egg. Now rub the egg over your face in the shape of the cross, saying thelLord’s prayer (or apostle’s creed, or hail Mary). Make the sign of the cross over your third eye. Over the throat, neck, back, thigh, shins, and feet. Everywhere basically, always working downwards. Even the back of the legs have to be touched. Finish off with the soles of the feet.
Take the egg and crack it on the side of the toilet and flush it down In the name of the father, son, and holy spirit.
This is an example of Mexican curanderism, which I know is far removed from what most of this forum professes to practice, but may as will introduce some flavor here.[/quote]

I did a training thing years ago where the guy running it taught this method, and I saw various effects - but all positive - on a roomful of relative beginners to magick who were working in teams of two, so fwiw I can say I’ve seen this working on people, and also had it work on me, removing stuck energy from where I have an injury.

Thanks for the reminder Euoi because it had totally slipped my mind!

8 Likes

Another spell for me to distort!

Thanks for the idea, Euoi!

1 Like

I don’t you’d really be distorting it. Limpias are extremely diverse in application. This is just onecommon, easy way.

Lady Eva, lol guess it’s more common than I thought.

Huh. Never really knew that. I just saw a healing spell and my second thought was: “How I can turn this entire thing on it’s head?”

Say, can they be used for reversing a disposition? PM me if you don’t want to share that info.

What do you mean?

Let’s say someone has a complete and total hatred of the color blue, for instance. Can this be used to turn that completely upside down, and make them love it? Or make them think about it?

Because if so, then the path I’m going on for a certain mission is much more convoluted than it should be.

… no. This is a healing and cleansing ritual. It absorbs negativity, it’s not a controlling spell.

1 Like

Ok. Thankee sai.

Back to the drawing board!

ok this I actually know about and I’ve done these alot.

After the cleaning is done, you might want to put the yolk
in a glass of water. And by putting in the glass. You’ll be able to
read a little of what the egg absorbed. (tg sync works betterbetter to see it)
then I put it under my bed to continue absorbing bad energy for the night.

And yes sev it’s incredibly easy. You can absorb the negative energy from one cleaning
and push the trapped energy from the egg back into someone else.

I’ve never thought about doing it because I just thought about it now, ( lol )
but I assume it’s very possible to absorb the energy then transfer it.

Euoi. I’m mexican too… Actually more Aztec… But my parents were never
taugh dialect. :cry:

my great grandfather knew about this well.

I’m only half, and I look like a white boy. Yeah, one of those Mexicans.
I’ve never been good at egg divination, so I’m not experienced in that area. Personally, if I were cursed I’d use the egg to absorb some of the negativity then crack it on the bitch’s lawn or make it partof a reversing jar spell.

1 Like

[quote=“Euoi, post:14, topic:2968”]I’m only half, and I look like a white boy. Yeah, one of those Mexicans.
I’ve never been good at egg divination, so I’m not experienced in that area. Personally, if I were cursed I’d use the egg to absorb some of the negativity then crack it on the bitch’s lawn or make it partof a reversing jar spell.[/quote]

Absolutely, you can also drill it and add a little goofer dust before you hurl it at their doorstep.

Ha! Yes. I love goofer dust.
Eggs are so good at retaining energy in general, whether of good or ill.

Yes, agreed. Mexican folk stuff is potent. Unfortunately, I’m not too practiced in the tradition as most of curanderism isn’t written. But there’s still something to learn.

I wish you luck as well!

If one doesn’t have access to an egg they can use a candle in the same fashion. The candle is burned afterwards and signs are looked for in the wax remnants similar to how the egg is put into a glass of water to look for signs.

Egg cleanings can be very good. Reading the egg yolk after is where it’s at though. You simply crack it into a clear glass. A couple standard things appear first to read, such as if the smaller white portions that stay afloat take on bird shapes or blobs. It’s shape and direction and whats “holding up” or not based on the heavier yolk that sinks down. If very little is on the top of the glass it means you need some help. Spiritual help. To help lift this weight off you.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! The ritual is legit but it should be noted that, as written, it is unlikely to work for either atheists or those who don’t believe in the Christian mythology. It might be possible to alter the symbolism however…

Another cleansing ritual is to simply take a bath with sea salt and to visualize your aura, including any darkness, draining away into the water. Note that the salt will absorb and purge you of all energy, not just what you would consider “negative.”