Baphomet

Symbolically in the Qlippothic Cross, why is Baphomet invoked?
Also, symbolically speaking, what is the difference between Baphomet, Azazel, Lucifer?

2 Likes

I kept repeating Azazel in my head during the Qlippothic Cross, and golden white energy flooded my closed eyelids.
Meditating a few minutes later on Baphomet, and holding the image in mind, felt strong, empowered.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know about Azazel but I feel like Lucifer has some of his qualities, baphomet in my opinion shares a link with Lucifer because when Id get glimpses of Lucifers energy it was like ā€œpure light is also pure darknessā€ Which links into the symbolism and meaning of baphomet as well, I personally believe Lucifer, Baphomet and the Ouroboros the serpent biting itā€™s own tale are the same because they sum up to the same meaning and function in a sense, I activated my magick through ouroboros and baphomet, to harmonize the demon and angel within to become the dragon, to merge the above and the below, the beginning and the end, to become eternal, full circle and one

1 Like

Baphometā€¦the goat of Mendez. If you look carefully youā€™ll see some startling things if you compare the magician card with the devil card. Iā€™m speaking of the classic rider Waite symbolism.

Both are pointing as above so below. Baphomet is often equated with the infernal magician. The magician had mastered the elements and the devil has enslaved the souls of those before him.

In my deck the occult tarot, the magician is actually attributed to baphomet.

Baphometsā€™ message also meant ā€œsolve et coagulaā€.

Very interesting spirit.

1 Like

Oh yes! Alchemy. Interesting card.

1 Like

The reason I wrote this is while Satan is traditionally the goat head in minds of most, Azazel the scapegoat is involved in the image - Baphomet has the head of a goat.
Baphomet also bears light, as does the name of Lucifer.
The correspondence between the Magician and the Devil is quite interesting. Never noticed the two moons.

2 Likes

Another interesting thought is the dark moon reminded me of the sunken king, the mass that is left aside from the tincture. Or perhaps itā€™s hidden lunar stuff.

1 Like

Finally, what appears to be the brazen serpent staff sticking out of its pants.

1 Like

On enlightenment, he holds a torch to light his torch horn, stealing fire from the gods?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a caduceus styled phallic symbol @Nightside šŸ¤·šŸ˜†

1 Like

A staff and not a wand. Double their pleasure ā€¦

1 Like

@Mike_Bee ā€¦ Can I message you with a topic question?

1 Like

Sure man

1 Like