Banishing in Four Breaths

Just a quick 1 minute ritual I do everyday. I don’t know if I explained it well here, but if anybody wants to give it a shot and give me some feedback, that would be great.

Ritual: Elemental Contemplation
Purpose: Quickly get into a magical mood in “four breaths”. Exercise visualization.

Summary of Approach:

a) Use the inhale to contemplate the element from afar. (Be Objective)
b) Use the exhale to fully visualize and atune yourself to the element. (Be Subjective)
c) The element order is Earth, Water, Fire, Air. (This is my order, because I chain this ritual with a cleansing ritual that follows the same order. Do what you want.)

Again:

Inhale = Objective, Exhale = Subjective
Inhale = accumulate , Exhale = actualize

Note: Read through and memorize before doing it. Its super simple actually.

Procedure:

The slower the better, but you can breathe as fast as you want.

1. Exhale comfortably.

2. First Inhale. Allow images regarding the element of earth to enter your mind. Soil, sand, trees, bones, people, pets, etc. See it objectively from afar. Know that you are about to connect with “earth”. Amass images and let them flood you. (Accumulate, Flirt)

First Exhale: As you are about to exhale, stop amassing information, still your mind momentarily then exhale knowing you are connected with earth. Allow new thoughts to form and let yourself feel connected. Let your mind do what it wants. The earth can be unmoving, massive, strong …etc. (actualize)

1. Second Inhale: Allow the element of water to present you with it’s various aspects as a flood of images. Its wet! Blood is wet. Orange juice is awesome. Water caries things to different places. Fluidity… etc. etc.

Second Exhale: As you are about to exhale, stop amassing images. Still your mind for a fraction of a second, then … exhale knowing you are connected with water. Let new notions and imagery flood you.

1. Third Inhale: Allow the element of fire to present you with its various aspects as a flood of images. Fire cleanses, chars, destroys, powers. The fire in someone’s eyes … etc etc.

Third Exhale: As you are about to exhale, stop amassing images. Still your mind for a fraction of a second, then … exhale knowing you are connected with fire. What does it mean?

1. Fourth Inhale: Allow the element of air to present you with its various aspects as a flood of images. Air is light and gets everywhere. It can carry things all over the place … etc etc.

Fourth Exhale: As you are about to exhale, stop amassing images. Still your mind for a fraction of a second, then … exhale knowing you are connected with air. Let imagery flood. Don’t force it.

The idea is that during exhales, you must be “in the moment”.

With the exercise concluded, jot down descriptions of whatever interesting, or seemingly irrelevant imagery in your journal. None of it is irrelevant.

Trust yourself.

3 Likes