Bands like Watain, true black magickians, or occult fanboys?

Love me some Watain. I don’t really care if a black metal band actually practices things that they write about or not, I just enjoy the music

2 Likes

A bit off topic but can you really consider Ghost metal? The imagery they put out would make you think it’s possible but their music is basically what you would hear in a Scooby Doo episode, catchy ‘hard’ rock imo. I can see how their early stuff could have metal influences but to me it’s barely tapped into and they’ve only gotten softer.

I like a few of their songs though, Infestissumam is a great album

You’re probably right about that. The first album was absolutely the best in my opinion. Infestissuman has a lot of good songs too.

most of them are fanbois to me but theres a few bands that really do have a meaning into them.

my favorite band is dissection and i can say for certain in their album rainkaos theres tons of ritual there,each time a listen i either let myself ride the trip or day dream about a hidden desire of being a lead metal band guitarist.

2 Likes

Deceased frontman of Eternal Dirge was into german chaos and thelemic scene. Also texts for Behemoth were written, at some point, don’t know how is it now, by leader of polish division of O.T.O. And Therion have connection with DR. Here ends my knowledge about authenthic occult threads in metal music. (For gorgoroth was mentioned earlier).

I got occasion to talk with guy from Ethernal Dirge and he told me that he has written occult lyrics to find connections to other occults (it was in early 90’s) and he found himself as a voice crying in the wilderness. He was amused by the scale of posing.

Stian (the main singer of DB) is not a practicing occultists, he is a “soccer dad” in private. :wink:

There’s a looooot of black metal out there that claimed to be satanists, but 10 years after what do they say? Oh it was a phase is all. I think Watain is one of the true bands that only use black metal as a medium to channel their power. Plenty of fan boys and weekend satanists in the scene however, speaking from experience.

3 Likes

Hey the singer maniac of mayhem said that no one in Black metal is truely satanist But it’s cool to pretend to be someone different

Yeah i think watain might be real satanic as well as darkened nocturn slaughtercult

1 Like

I’ve felt some spirit presence while Watching watain on stage behind Phone screen i couldn’t stand the energy in one of the live videos his eyes became scary
Same energy in some darkened nocturn slaughtercult live in the Phone
I could feel some weird energy

@nadia about your Watson comment

Spirit? Dunno bout that. I didn’t see a spirit.

Scary? I didn’t see anything scary when I peeped a live show video on YouTube.

I did however sorta think there was a shadow of darkness in the singers aura if it was the aura I was noticing. But it coulda just been that it was cuz it was recorded on cheap equipment.

They do put on quite an atmospheric show what with using torches and burning upside down crosses though. Think it’d be cool to see them live sometime.

1 Like

Therion dont have a connection with DR anymore since Christoffer left the order. Lyrics for most of their songs until “Le fleurs du mal” was written by Thomas Karlsson.

Watain real satanic :laughing:

Hell there is an incident where Erik got pissed when the singer of Raised Fist said “Nu kör vi som satan” (basicly “Let’s go like satan/hell” wich is a common phrase when you get pumped up) but he was afraid to even walk up to the guy.
Not to mention that they have to have a guy to protect them if they get into trouble etc.

One of the few band wich are real in regards to the occult has to be Arckarum and Domgård.
Domgård is one of those bands that has a past wich church burning and strong practical magic focus. If I dont remember most of the current members practices Rökkrh-satanism and a former was involved in the creation of dark germanic heatheism.
Arckarum was runned by the same person who is behind the pennames Vexior218 and Ekortu and is one of the main proponents of Thursatru.

1 Like

I didn’t see spirit either i felt energy of some spirit there is live of malfeitor in the middle of the song his eyes becomes like possessed People if i find the video i Will send it what i mean by scary was that i felt negative that’s why i said scary otherwise i listen to watain and Black metal a lot stellarvore of watain is my favourite song

in this video in minute of 4:47 look at his eyes for some Seconds you will know what i mean by possessed eyes.
Maybe he is in trance state lol.

1 Like

I see what you mean.

1 Like

Most likley a simple trance or something that he thinks is badass, like his “throat-slitting”

Compared to Gaahls gaze, its pretty lame.

2 Likes

I forgot Mephorash in the line of true occult bands.

Mephorash - Sanguinem (Video Premiere | Censored) - YouTube
Based upon a working.

I saw watain open for mayhem in a building that used to be an old church. They did some onstage ritual to banish god from the building forever, and then threw pigs blood from a chalice all over the crowd. Me included, was a fun show.

Ive always thought Triptykon had a uncompromising occult attitude

1 Like