#BaLG chat @ synirc

Yea we need to get a time set up

Anyone is welcome to pick a time, and I can change the subject line of the thread so it shows up. You can also agree to meet at any which time you’d like - the chat should always be up.

OK guys, I am from Prague, Czech Republic, GMT+1 zone. I would prefer any time after 8PM my time (1PM New Yor time I guess :-)).

necromaster: you draw a lot of water, especially in the BoA forum. You should announce a time there and/or here that you want to meet up to chat. I’d advise giving your time zone along with the time you announce, so peeps can figure it out.

You can copy+paste the chat info from this thread, or just link this thread so people have instructions.

From the BoA forum:

[quote=“necromaster”]For all of you wanting to chat with other members you need to check out the page redcircle has developed for the forum.

[url=http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.synirc.net&channel=%23balg%20balgchat]Mibbit.com - Easy and fast Webchat in your browser

Just go on there and type in a nickname, it is easy as hell.

I will tell redcircle to put a time on here for us to meet up[/quote]

Thanks for the bump, necromaster.

Edit: necromaster chose a handful of new times, we’ll see how that works for the next month or so.

[quote=“redcircle”]It is very easy. What I haven’t found easy is a time for people to do it. I would like those who are interested in chatting at a certain time to do a few things:

1. Tell me if the original times I picked work for you:
    – Saturdays @ 5pm/11pm GMT (1pm/7pm Forum Time) –

2. Suggest a time/day (with timezone) that you would like.

3. State if other times that others have suggested will work for you.

If not times are chosen, I will arbitrarily choose a few times and see if I have better luck. So let me know![/quote]

Original thread: [url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/balg-irc-chatroom-on-synirc/15/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/balg-irc-chatroom-on-synirc/15/[/url]

[quote=“necromaster”]After I get this extremely intense working done I will hop on there one day and discuss some pretty dark Shit as a treat. You will definitely want to be there because I won’t be sharing it again… Redcircle how about mwf at 5-8pm central time and Saturdays from 12-3 and again at 8pm

[quote=“redcircle”]Yea, let’s give that a try.

So, Central Time is GMT -6, which makes necromaster’s preferred times:

MWF: 5pm - 8pm CST (11pm - 1am GMT)
Sat: 12pm-3pm CST (6pm - 9pm GMT)
Sat: 8pm CST (2am - 5am GMT)

We’ll try these times for the next month or so and see what happens. Also, remember that the channel is open 24/7, so you can always get people to meet there at other times of your choosing. Private message, make a post, etc.[/quote][/quote]

okay, so a couple of questions here:

1.) when it says ‘5pm - 8pm’, does that mean from 5 through 8 or 5pm and 8 pm?

2.) the CST part, could i assume thats Central Standard Time within the U.S?

[quote=“waltyrs, post:27, topic:669”]okay, so a couple of questions here:

1.) when it says ‘5pm - 8pm’, does that mean from 5 through 8 or 5pm and 8 pm?

2.) the CST part, could i assume thats Central Standard Time within the U.S?[/quote]

1. Yes. 5 through 8pm, or thereabouts

2. Yes, exactly. I also put GMT time for reference.

I’d like to make a suggestion to anyone joining the chat:

When you join, stick around a bit, maybe say “hi” or something. If everyone joins for a minute or two, and then leaves without saying anything, there won’t be a convo to be had.

These aren’t formal talk sessions just yet; they’ll only happen if people stick around and actually talk. It’s up to you to make it happen.

Yea y’all need to get your asses to the chat room lol

Haha. People were in and out throughout the day. I just missed ya a bit ago.

So, we’ve got some people chatting now… join up!

Chat starts in two hours. Better see a good bit of people there, wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on any good information. Might end up getting knowledge of the next crucial step in your ascent, or just have a good time

Just letting people know this resource is still available for general use. There are no planned times, but feel free to plan your own meetups with people in the forum.

Ah cool I used to use IRC for games. Ill stop in whenever I can. :slight_smile: