Avoiding spiritual danger

He says this happens to everyone involved and that if we don’t all turn to Christ…you get the idea. He’s basically saying his experience is universal. That’s what is so wrong. If he were to say “yeah I fucked up,” I’d be okay with that. But he doesn’t.

I never said don’t prepare for conflict. I’m talking about simply striving to get along with others. If you antagonize someone, you never know if it’s someone that could kick your ass. I’ve read various warnings against disrespectful behavior in the havamal. Hell, the satanic bible is pretty vocal on what you should do when someone derides you. Though, that means you should expect to be treated the same way if you offend someone else.

I’m not saying we should be helpless little lambs. But even wolves know how to get along with others.

1 Like

Your question however was whether or not benevolence in itself qualifies as protection. I gave my answer. In my experience, it isn’t.

1 Like

I should rephrase then. Can positive intentions and actions, balanced with power and good judgment, help to aid in ones spiritual protection?

Can negative intentions and actions, or lack of good judgment, attract spiritual trouble?

1 Like

Not being a dick never hurts your chances of not getting your ass kicked, sure.

5 Likes

In my experience, balance is standing firmly on two feet and not tottering or falling beneath the repercussions and the power of any intent sent out from yourself thru spells or conjuration of an entity to assist you in your works.
One can be balanced and of good judgement and practice some of the darkest magic and delve into the abysmal energies— and be completely balanced in the dark spectrum.
Imbalance comes from ones inability to focus and maintain their spiritual posture with consistency. That leads people to practice carelessly and without proper structure.
When imbalance occurs, one can get reckless and risk attack, kick back or spiritual retaliation.
So balance is a spiritual discipline that is one of many layers of a protective practice for all paths:)

Absolutely. That’s what I meant by “there aren’t any clear rules outside the obvious”–which are less like rules but more so common sense.

Are there mystical advantages to using common sense? Sure, maybe. But nothing is garunteed.

The best way to avoid danger is to be prepared for it. Your intuition can be a bit of a “radar” of sorts to warn you ahead of time, so make sure you’re connected and listening.

The other thing, is if you feel impending danger, don’t be “at the wrong place at the wrong time”. In other words, don’t open nor show up to danger.

Two interesting statements, however I think that they both lie within for the individual to decide. You’re going to get so many different answers from different people I think. No one really knows this.

Negative intentions - If you really want something negative to happen then to you it’s a positive and you feel amazing and strong, but if you have any doubt, your shame or guilt will definitely haunt you leaving you weak.

Positive intentions - really the same thing. Depends on your cause and conviction.

I think either scenario can cause both results. Damn I wish I was better with writing my thought LOL

1 Like

Yes, being a positive, happy human being who treats other people with respect does aid to spiritual protection.
However, people who have attachments or curses usually can’t be nice to others because they experience hostility from them. Curses usually also create paranoia.
But it is good to try at least

This is true.