Attachment to outcome

From my perspective, I would not try to bring something into my life if I were not attached to the outcome. For example: Why would I ask for a redheaded girlfriend if I am not attracted to them? Conversely, the only reason I would try to bring something into my life is if I were attached to the outcome: For example, I want as much money as humanly possible.

So therein lies the problem, I guess, that all new aspiring magicians face. I think I have possibly found a solution (for me): I must first bring a baseline of general happiness into my life through ordinary means (i.e. career advancement through hard work, finding meaningful friends by being social, finding an attractive girlfriend by putting myself out there, and pursuing hobbies, etc). I think that once I bring these major areas into my life on my own, then I can ask for the smaller things through magick. For example: If I have worked hard to purchase a motorcycle, and am content with it, then I can try to bring a different colored seat into my life because I donā€™t really care one way or the other because I already like my current seat well enough. It makes me sick to come to this conclusion. I had much higher hopes. But I donā€™t think that there is any way for me to use magick as a way to get any of the basic things that bring me happiness due to the attachment factor.

1 Like

I understand what youā€™re saying. I mean like, if I do a spell or ask a demon to help me with something I find itā€™s best to forget all about the outcome or intention of the spell or working. However, if I do NOT do a spell or contact any entities and I am trying to make a change with just the power of my thoughts, no incantations or anything, I find it best to think about the outcome as much as possible. Because when Iā€™m trying to use my thoughts to change my reality, it requires thought power which in my opinion, means I need to focus on the outcome constantly in order to give those thoughts more power.

So the law of reversed effect/effort, does not always apply to me.

This stuff bothers me also.I always knew that when you chase something violently with frustration,you push it away.It happens even with relationships.The more you want someone the more you drive him away.But when you turn your attention elsewhere,that someone will want your atention and heā€™ll come to you by itā€™s own.Itā€™s funny how things work in this world.
I guess no one likes ā€˜ā€˜pressureā€™ā€™.Even the universe it self

I think you may be looking at this the wrong way. As you said, we donā€™t ask for things or situations that we donā€™t want, we ask for what we desire. Of course, this means we have a vested interest, or attachment, to the desired outcome. IMO, the issue isnā€™t having an attachment to the outcome, itā€™s about being obsessed with the outcome being delivered. Spending every waking moment worrying and fretting if it will come. Constantly thinking about how it will manifest. These things are what bring about lust of result.

I believe spirits and the Multiverse in general, want us to do as much of the heavy lifting as possible. This is how we learn. Thereā€™s no value if weā€™re given everything. However, I donā€™t for one minute believe this means we canā€™t get big results from magick. We can. We do. Working, as you said, through mundane means for your baseline, is what we should all be doing. Itā€™s called personal responsibility.Nobody likes a free loader, including spirits and the Multiverse. I believe this is why $1,500 to put a new transmission in my current vehicle is more likely to manifest than asking for a brand new $30,000 car. Spoiled children who get, and are given, everything with no effort on their part, most often carry that line of thinking into adult hood. Children who are forced to work for the things they want, with an occasional helping hand here and there, tend to carry a strong work ethic and sense of pride and confidence in their abilities into adulthood. As above, so below, macrocosm/microcosm and all that.

Donā€™t be concerned with an emotional attachment to your outcome. I would say itā€™s a requirement. That attachment is what powers your will, and your will powers the magick. Be concerned with obsessing on the where, when and how. Let the Multiverse take care of that, and be confident that it will. JMHO.

1 Like

I think meditating more would shatter this perspective. Since my mind has become silent these mundane wants and needs no longer exist because I feel satisfied with the things I currently have. Iā€™ve found that projecting an image of myself that is complete or whole, I attract things that make me feel complete or whole. I donā€™t question things like I used to, I just keep living in the current moment, studying and practicing every chance I get. Iā€™ve noticed since Iā€™ve pushed meditation to the extreme that the universe started speaking to me through the collective unconscious.

For example, yesterday I took my wife out to eat at a local restaurant. The bill ran about 50 bucks when we decided to leave. When we were about to pay our bill the computer at the register crashed and they couldnā€™t take debit. The waitress called the manager over and he just smiled at me. He told me the meal was on them and have a great day. As we were walking out the waitress said what goes around comes around. This was pretty awkward but I just rolled with it because this kind of thing has been happening to me a lot lately.

Itā€™s strangeā€¦ If I need money, I just get money. If I want a new book or something thatā€™s going to make me happy. I just get it. I guess the thing that makes this different for me is I just do things now. I donā€™t put much thought into it I just do. Anyways, it starts with meditating and having a clear mind. At least thatā€™s whatā€™s working for me and I feel that non-attachment makes it easier.

C.J., thatā€™s an awesome insight. Iā€™ve found myself ā€œaccidentallyā€ in that place where wants or needs have appeared out of the blue. Unlike you, though, itā€™s never been a sustained pattern, and happens infrequently. Most recently, I had an experience almost identical to yours: I went to a Mexican joint to grab dinner on the way home from work for me and my kid. It was a couple of hours after a thunderstorm. I got there and was told the storm had knocked out their computer, so cash only. Thereā€™s a bank with a drive through about a hundred yards from the restaurant, so I said ā€œbe back in five with cashā€. He said, ā€œNo, youā€™re a regular, settle up next time. We should have told you on the phone when you called in your orderā€. Next time I was in, they refused to let me settle up because I was a regular, and he said they could afford to give me a free meal as thanks for being a loyal customer. Nice when these things happen. Iā€™ve had money in times of need come to me unbidden, useful gifts given to me when they were most useful, etc. You seem to be in a place where this happens by willing it, consciously or unconsciously. I envy you. Could you perhaps share your meditation practices?

When I first started working with G de Lavalā€™s books I found it was necessary for me to focus on healing my chakras and repairing my energetic body to complete his pathworkings. I decided to pick up The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras by Patricia Mercer and give it a try. I started working with this book and integrating everything I learned from it with my daily practices and Iā€™d have to say it was worth every penny. This book covers everything on chakras from meditations and yoga to healthy foods and gems that will help balance them out.

(ahem Iā€™m not becoming a lightworker btwā€¦lol)

I guess itā€™s more or less just sticking with it, i.e. opening and balancing the chakras and practicing the postures on a daily basis. It gets worse before it gets better. I had no idea how stressed out and high strung I was and how much this was taking a toll on my body. Anyways, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been working with and Iā€™ve been feeling lighter and lighter ever since. Doing this I was able to heal myself from the debilitating neck and back problems that most people seem to suffer from and find some inner peace by quieting my mind. This has worked well alongside Lavalā€™s pathworking and Iā€™m going to continue moving forward with this.

I devote 1-3 hours a day to yoga and meditation (not including rituals and pathworking) so Iā€™d have to say this isnā€™t for everyone. If you choose to devote a significant amount of time to your chakras I recommend drinking plenty of water. When I first started out, I had growing pains, spasms like crazy and the need to crack and pop every bone in my body. So water and healthier diet is a must. Itā€™s a slow process but it will balance out in a month or two depending on what kind of issues you havenā€™t let go of.

On a side note it really helped me changing the associations I had. This was part of the reason why I left other forums and the fb community. People are pretty toxic, lol, especially fellow magicians. People like causing drama and flinging curses at each other on the fly. At least thatā€™s what Iā€™ve gathered from my observant point of view.

HS

I hope this helps and good luck! :wink:

Thanks for the info. I agree, your method isnā€™t for everyone (nothing ever is), and unfortunately, itā€™s not for me. I simply donā€™t have that much time everyday (working full time and being a single head of household). I do, however, have a list of ā€œmust doā€ things for my growth, and Chakra work is very high on that list. Your post has given me the impetus to start working on that, as well as meditating regularly, rather than sporadically. Iā€™m also going to look into ā€œThe Chakra Bibleā€. Thanks for the great info. Two thumbs up to you, sir.

Exactly. This is one of the things I do. I was unsure of how to put this into words as others have asked me questions like this before, but what you said is basically what I do, what happens to me. People underestimate the power of meditation. It can truly calm your mind to a point in which, you just donā€™t care anymore. Not in the way that someone with depression would see it, I donā€™t mean that I donā€™t care because I am sad and unhappy and have nothing live for. I mean it like, I am so content with my life that it doesnā€™t matter to me either way if a spell or thought or evocation brings me what I ask for.

If it does not I will still be happy either way. And this is what I keep trying to tell people but they either donā€™t listen or donā€™t seem to understand. This right here, is why everything I want eventually manifests for me anyway even If I donā€™t do a spell or ask for spiritual help, because I constantly maintain an attitude of complacency and non-attachment. And trust me, that was very hard for me. So If I can do it, anyone can.

I used to be the type to obsess over what I wanted, what I did not have, over what an enemy did to me to the point I ended in a fist fight with them, why didnā€™t I do this? Why DID I do that? Oh no, what if this goes wrong!?

I was constantly obsessed over something but meditation cleared my mind. Now, I do have OCPD Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder so it makes sense. I mean, I still obsess over little things sometimes like I mentioned the other day making a typo drives me into bat shit frustration mode. But I have meds that I can take for obsessing over order and perfection. And Iā€™m very heavily medicated right now, good and buzzed from it too. But I am not so complacent that I neglect my chores or adult responsibilities. I may forget things a lot because I also have ADHD but being content does not interfere with what is required of me as an adult.

Actually, to elaborate on what I just said, my ADHD med does help me concentrate and remember things more easily but it only helps me concentrate on my hobbies and what I LIKE to do, not on what I NEED to do. Because most people with ADD or ADHD tend to be very inattentive when it comes to things they find boring or below them, but with things they like they become obsessed and you cannot pull them away from those things. So itā€™s only natural and normal that ADD meds would help a person with that condition focus harder on the things they selectively tune in to and help them tune out the world around them.

But, my meds in combination with heavy meditation are working wonders for me. I am suddenly realizing that when my mom asks me to do something, I still occasionally forget and have to be reminded again, but usually I get up and do it right away and get it done within 5-10 minutes. Before, my mom would literally have to remind about something 4 times then say alright Iā€™m not leaving until you get up and come do this because you will forget again.

I will give meditation a try starting tomorrow. Maybe I donā€™t have to give up on magick for the ā€œbigger thingsā€ just yetā€¦Thanks CJ Lee!

Exactly. This is one of the things I do. I was unsure of how to put this into words as others have asked me questions like this before, but what you said is basically what I do, what happens to me. People underestimate the power of meditation. It can truly calm your mind to a point in which, you just donā€™t care anymore. Not in the way that someone with depression would see it, I donā€™t mean that I donā€™t care because I am sad and unhappy and have nothing live for. I mean it like, I am so content with my life that it doesnā€™t matter to me either way if a spell or thought or evocation brings me what I ask for.

If it does not I will still be happy either way. And this is what I keep trying to tell people but they either donā€™t listen or donā€™t seem to understand. This right here, is why everything I want eventually manifests for me anyway even If I donā€™t do a spell or ask for spiritual help, because I constantly maintain an attitude of complacency and non-attachment. And trust me, that was very hard for me. So If I can do it, anyone can.

I used to be the type to obsess over what I wanted, what I did not have, over what an enemy did to me to the point I ended in a fist fight with them, why didnā€™t I do this? Why DID I do that? Oh no, what if this goes wrong!?

I was constantly obsessed over something but meditation cleared my mind. Now, I do have OCPD Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder so it makes sense. I mean, I still obsess over little things sometimes like I mentioned the other day making a typo drives me into bat shit frustration mode. But I have meds that I can take for obsessing over order and perfection. And Iā€™m very heavily medicated right now, good and buzzed from it too. But I am not so complacent that I neglect my chores or adult responsibilities. I may forget things a lot because I also have ADHD but being content does not interfere with what is required of me as an adult.[/quote]

I totally feel ya on this. I think neglecting meditation or the ā€œbasicsā€ and not having a clear positive mind is the reason why many fail at manifesting their desires. If youā€™re going to build a kingdom, you need to lay a foundation for it first. I guess itā€™s just hard for most people to see this because everyone wants something and they want it now.

[quote=ā€œjboy, post:1, topic:6010ā€]I must first bring a baseline of general happiness into my life through ordinary means (i.e. career advancement through hard work, finding meaningful friends by being social, finding an attractive girlfriend by putting myself out there, and pursuing hobbies, etc).

I think that once I bring these major areas into my life on my own, then I can ask for the smaller things through magick. For example: If I have worked hard to purchase a motorcycle, and am content with it, then I can try to bring a different colored seat into my life because I donā€™t really care one way or the other because I already like my current seat well enough.[/quote]

There are some things I do not agree with.

a) The Concept of Hard Work - there is this idea being promoted that if you work hard that that alone is enough to bring you a wealthy happy life. This is Total BS. The rich for the most part nowadays get things handed to them; not to say they do not do hard work of their owm (some do at least). Those who did somehow make it big it was a combination of coming from the right background of support and being at the right place and time with some other successful things sprinkled inā€¦they did not achieve it simply through hard work.

b) sometimes the smaller things are needed to reach the big things. You do not realize this until you acquire useful smaller things.

My concdpt of WORK IS different. WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER. The only time you should actually be working hard is when your ā€œeasy jobā€ that you make decent money at, you can somehow capitalize even more on the gains by putting in significant more effort. This is the difference between being a Work Slave (the happy hard working moral idiot) and the Smart, savvy Business Owner, Salesman, whatever it is you are into.

With that being saidā€¦one should put ones self into a position to operate like thatā€¦so one can work smart to make big bukuā€¦to then work hard to make even bigger buku bucks with alot of extra fux$. This is where you need to work aggressive Black Magick:

The Big things - a birds eye layout view of your prize goalā€¦
Small things- think of all the things that you will need to come togethor to make it happenā€¦
Small Things - obstacle Removal
Extras - potential allies, networking. This is part of the big thing, so be very aware of the Networking opportunitiez and their underlying foundation.