Astral smells?

I’ve noticed lately that my sense of smell has greatly increased on the astral planes.
The other day I was taking a shower and smelled burning incense even though I hadn’t burned incense all day.
I’ve also been able to pick up the distinct smell of certain spirits when they’re around.
This all started happening after I did a vampiric meditation posted by C. Kendall which I followed up with a blood sacrifice to Lilith.
So I guess my question is, does vampiric magick increase your sense of smell? It seems like it would considering the predatory nature of vampirism.
I’m also wondering if anyone else here has had similar experiences to this?
Edit*
Also I understand the title of this thread could be perceived as quite comical but I’m actually quite serious.

It’s hard to say because the brain can create the perception of smells that aren’t really there, in the same way it can trick our other senses, through imposed memory.

We know what burning incense smells like, we have experienced it, and thus filed it away in our memory, and the brain is well adept at trotting such perceptions out whenever it feels like it.

There is really no way to know for certain if what you are smelling is something imposed by your brain on your olfactory nerves, or if it is actually something astral.

I have randomly smelled, with no apparent physical cause: roses, cookies, faeces, urine, wood smoke, incense, perfume, cigarette smoke, and wet dog.

3 Likes

Thanks. Although I feel like I was really smelling incense! Although, it’s always a possibility my mind was playing tricks on me but I’ve only noticed this phenomena very recently and it often happens when I’m not even thinking about magick. It’s a bit weird, although I’m definitely not complaining.

1 Like

Theres many reasons that could be it could even be spectral based as well when my grandmas around I smell her scent and I dont have a sense of smell in general lmmfao

1 Like

It can definitely get interesting. I thought for sure someone was smoking in my house once because I smelled a really strong stench of cigarettes (the smell makes me nauseous so I will notice it if someone is smoking anywhere near me) but all the windows were closed, making outside smells impossible, and there was no one home but me lol

1 Like

One day I was sitting in my room and smelled what smelled like farm animals, it was kind of musky and a bit of a nasty smell. At that point I knew King Paimon had showed up with his camel.

Do you work with any spirits that enjoy tobacco?

1 Like

No, I don’t.

1 Like

Interesting. Maybe a deceased family member or human spirit?

Or simply a sense memory :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s a possibility too lol.
Honestly, magick should really be seen as a form of psychology/psychotherapy in many cases. Often times when a spell is successful it can simply be psychosomatic but the results are still the same. Not to mention, going down this path represents a path of self exploration, facing your Jungian shadow, and the ultimate end goal should be complete individuation which is the same as the alchemical process of forging the soul from a piece of lead into gold. Honestly, I have a long way to go on that path. Sometimes when I think I’ve “gotten there” the feeling is fleeting and I realize I still have work to do.

1 Like

I will say, however, that some spirits do seem to evoke smells from our memory. Lilith, for example, left the smell of flowers in my room when she departed, and the spiritual literature is full of stories of saints and angels leaving behind the smell of roses or perfume (basically sweet smells) Even demons have been described as leaving the scent of smoke, or sulphur (what they used to call the smell of brimstone).

1 Like

Once Lilith emitted a very beautiful scent after I had evoked her

2 Likes