Astral Gateways

Hi Everyone !
In his Articles in http://www.becomealivinggod.com/soul-travel/5-steps-accessing-higher-magickal-planes.php E.A. mentioned about Astral Gate ways to visit various astral realms at the 5th steps. It was also mention in the articles that Many Grimoire gives detailed images of astral gateways and symbols that can be used to access specific parts of the astral plane. Well, I had found only few grimoires like Kingdoms Of Flame of E.A. and SN with images of astral gateways and symbols.

Could you guys recommend some nice good books or grimoires in your knowledge in this regard !?

I’m not yet able to enter gateways, but from what I’ve read you use some symbols/glyphs to meditate upon, and “entering” while in an altered state of consciousness (astral plane or other).

Konstantions in his book Summoning Spirits give a technique in wich Spirits Seals are visualized upon a curtain, you open it, and enter the dwelling of the Spirit (always in altered state of consciousness), entering another plane related with the essence of the Spirit (Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter or Saturn spheres).

So you can use Goetia, I believe in The Book of Azazel: The Grimoire of the Damned you have also gateways, Meditate upon planetary Symbols (those are the gateways ONA uses for the Self Immolation Rite + its own tarot deck), Tarot is very extended in pathworkings from what I’ve read in books, and so I-Ching and Runes; Necronomicon, you can use geometric forms as “gateways” as they represent “raw energy” of the planes (as recommended by Jean Dubuis on The Fundamentals of Esoteric Knowledge), and Michael W. Ford has many illustrations of gateways in his works.

I’m eager to do it myself

I’m pretty sure that in KoF ea gives a design for an astral gateway

Tarot cards are awesome for this. Specifically I have used the Aces to enter the elemental realms with pretty good success. The Trump cards can also be used to enter the pathways of the Sephiroth and Qliphoth although I am yet to experiment with this.

Also this becomes a way to integrate the connection to your deck more firmly. As E.A. says, the “3 godlike powers” play back into each other.

[quote=“Soundwave, post:4, topic:1472”]Tarot cards are awesome for this. Specifically I have used the Aces to enter the elemental realms with pretty good success. The Trump cards can also be used to enter the pathways of the Sephiroth and Qliphoth although I am yet to experiment with this.

Also this becomes a way to integrate the connection to your deck more firmly. As E.A. says, the “3 godlike powers” play back into each other.[/quote]

What deck do you use Soundwave?

I believe but could be mistaken an exercise similar to this was described in some ONA literature.

Yes there is, but instead of pathworking the Tree of Life/Knowledge using a standard tarot deck they pathwork the Tree of Wyrd employing his 22 cards (the Sinister Tarot). The rite is The Self Inmolation Rite

“The rite is The Self Inmolation Rite.”

No, it’s not. It’s the Dark Pathworkings from NAOS that you’re thinking of. The 21 Paths of the Tree of Wyrd correspond to one of the Dark Gods.

The Self-Immolation Rite is an introduction to the archetypal nature of the seven planetary forces and is just a guided pathworking created by Christos Beest, I believe.

The 21 cards of the Sinister Tarot by Christos Beest were directly inspired by the Dark Gods. Many of the symbols and places in the paintings are actual places that are part of the Dark Tradition. The interesting thing is, the Velpecula card, the one with the house, is actually a place that is directly associated with the Dark Tradition and is the exact same layout, the numbers and all. Christos didn’t know that at the time. That’s something to ponder.

There’s also the Sphere Workings which use the traditional Sinister Tarot deck. But that’s not the Self-Immolation Rite.

EDIT: Also, it’s important to note that the Tree of Wyrd is just a causal abstraction to help Initiate’s understand the relation between the Dark Gods and the planetary Emanations and how it all fits together. It doesn’t exist.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

[quote=“WrithingParasite, post:7, topic:1472”]“The rite is The Self Inmolation Rite.”

No, it’s not. It’s the Dark Pathworkings from NAOS that you’re thinking of. The 21 Paths of the Tree of Wyrd correspond to one of the Dark Gods.

The Self-Immolation Rite is an introduction to the archetypal nature of the seven planetary forces and is just a guided pathworking created by Christos Beest, I believe.

The 21 cards of the Sinister Tarot by Christos Beest were directly inspired by the Dark Gods. Many of the symbols and places in the paintings are actual places that are part of the Dark Tradition. The interesting thing is, the Velpecula card, the one with the house, is actually a place that is directly associated with the Dark Tradition and is the exact same layout, the numbers and all. Christos didn’t know that at the time. That’s something to ponder.

There’s also the Sphere Workings which use the traditional Sinister Tarot deck. But that’s not the Self-Immolation Rite.

EDIT: Also, it’s important to note that the Tree of Wyrd is just a causal abstraction to help Initiate’s understand the relation between the Dark Gods and the planetary Emanations and how it all fits together. It doesn’t exist.[/quote]

Yes, sorry, you’re right, it’s not the same. Where is that place of the Dark Tradition mention located?

They never make those things common knowledge. That’s sensitive information that’s only revealed when you’re being taught and that’s implying that any Sinister Adepts (except the Old Guards) actually know about these locations.

But it’s all in England! So that narrows down the search for you.

Thanks, you gave me the info I needed, I’ll make my own research =)

[quote="-TWF-, post:5, topic:1472"][quote=“Soundwave, post:4, topic:1472”]Tarot cards are awesome for this. Specifically I have used the Aces to enter the elemental realms with pretty good success. The Trump cards can also be used to enter the pathways of the Sephiroth and Qliphoth although I am yet to experiment with this.

Also this becomes a way to integrate the connection to your deck more firmly. As E.A. says, the “3 godlike powers” play back into each other.[/quote]

What deck do you use Soundwave?

I believe but could be mistaken an exercise similar to this was described in some ONA literature.[/quote]

I am currently using the Thoth deck.

Recently, I was thinking about using the Oghams as Astral Gate ways, the ogham Beith (Birch Tree) itself came to my mind. I tried to focus my mind on it. To my amazement, it open up like a loose door or Gate, and I saw a faint vision of a birch Tree forest; next, poped out a man with a welcome grin in his face, looks like some sort of spirit guide. He was wearing chocolate brown Tunic with bear skin on the shoulder, his appearance was like a forest dweller hunter or Lumberjack. But, I was disappointed and end the vision. May be, I was expecting too much colorful visions.

Believe it or not, The complete listing of the Pentacles of Solomon are in fact “gateways” not only for charging talismans and not only for evocations of the angels mention thereon but also as doorways. These of course are attributed to the planets so it would be limited in that respect but still worth looking into.

Since we are all practicing evocation, the first pentacle of the Moon would be appropriate. Its about opening Doorways

The First Pentacle of the Moon.--This and the following serve to call forth and invoke the Spirits of the Moon; and it further serveth to open doors, in whatever way they may be fastened.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/kos/kos24.htm

The Tattvas are good gateways to start out with.